Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I still read it, I just don't have much to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
We could talk about Aqua Knight.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

grassy gnoll posted:

Aqua Knight has intense third-act Last Order energy, and it's amazing. It's got all the pure goofiness and none of the S P A C E K A R A T E.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Elton John used to sing like this...

Still one of the best moments in Mars Chronicles imho.

I'm actually curious about getting to know more about Grunthal.

Lockmat
Oct 2, 2005

Come on, let's go set some prostitutes on fire.
Grimey Drawer

grassy gnoll posted:

I'd love for Kishiro to go back to Aqua Knight after he finishes with Alita. I need to see Ashika make more friends by doing bigger poops than them.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

45.1 just landed

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bilirubin posted:

45.1 just landed

45.2 now up!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I really need to finish Last Order. I am a pleb.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'm surprised you haven't considering you're the one who keeps saying "octopus lips" in the movie thread :v:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aces High posted:

I'm surprised you haven't considering you're the one who keeps saying "octopus lips" in the movie thread :v:

Hmm, I thought that was just the general term for how Kishiro drew her sort of spacey, open mouth look, I think Figure even comments on it

(though perhaps i've yet to encounter the true Octopus Lips :thunk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Battle Angel Alita Thread: WUH

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Iirc Figure is the first one to make that comment in BAA but then in Last Order it effectively becomes her nickname

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Aces High posted:

Iirc Figure is the first one to make that comment in BAA but then in Last Order it effectively becomes her nickname

lol hell yeah. i just remember reading it in the original arc and busting out laughing how that description was always what my brain was thinking but I never voiced it. It's just so distinct from how every other manga character ever has been consistently drawn.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I don't think it'd work in a live-action movie, though, because it'd just make her look like a creepy sex doll. The huge eyes barely works as it is.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

At least they made it so Alita isn't the only character with them, they made it Martian physiology and I think that was a good choice

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The lips seem to be an aspect of what Kishiro considers to be part of the Beautiful Lady visual appearance when you look at Eelai, Caerula, and so forth.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
sechs is transmasc and owns

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

If the other Tuned cyborgs are Alita clones, why don't they also have the octopus lips?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

there can only be one

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

DrSunshine posted:

If the other Tuned cyborgs are Alita clones, why don't they also have the octopus lips?

Their personalities have diverged, so they don't have the same resting face.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DrSunshine posted:

Nova shrunk the lips, he does custom work! Highest quality

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

Their personalities have diverged, so they don't have the same resting face.

These two were actually my favourites in Last Order and I was very upset when the perv assaulted them offscreen

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
While Mars Chronicle still ain't doing much for me, I do appreciate Kishiro taking a few pages in the middle of his high-concept science fiction punchmans serial to stop and talk about balls.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Aces High posted:

These two were actually my favourites in Last Order and I was very upset when the perv assaulted them offscreen

And they basically got sidelined at the end. I feel like he made them at the beginning because he thought it would be neat but didn't know what to do with them from then on.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

DrSunshine posted:

And they basically got sidelined at the end. I feel like he made them at the beginning because he thought it would be neat but didn't know what to do with them from then on.

clearly make them cats

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

46.1 and 46.2 now posted

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Erica learning important flour facts.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I found a thing floating around I can't place. It's labeled as "Gunnm: Another Story - Bashaku Ando". What's this and where does it slot in the reading order?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Description on mangadex says they're short stories from the late 90s and early 00s for part 1.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Toshimo posted:

I found a thing floating around I can't place. It's labeled as "Gunnm: Another Story - Bashaku Ando". What's this and where does it slot in the reading order?

there's a timeline with the version released in "Holy Night & Other Stories" and it puts them: a few years before Ido digs her up, a bit after motorball wraps up, during the TUNED stuff, and that one just before when Last Order begins

Assessor of Maat fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 23, 2023

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
This seems like something different. It's a single story: 61pg 1-shot. Starts off with something about Master Den.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Toshimo posted:

This seems like something different. It's a single story: 61pg 1-shot. Starts off with something about Master Den.

ah, my bad - a typo, should say 'released in'. it's that last one set just before Last Order

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sorry for bumping the thread and getting everyone's hopes up, but reports about updates were that the author was taking a break until Spring 2023, then decided to extend it to the Summer, so, hopefully, soon?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

:rip: Alita. Thought of flour and died

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

:siren::ducksiren::frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren::ducksiren::siren:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/dede5b4d-294f-4998-a523-32d463534820

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Toxic masculinity claims another victim

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

and another has just been posted

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

...and two more issue are now posted!

Its like christmas all over again! Except with more cyborg violence

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Gee, I stopped reading after I heard of the big hiatus. I wonder if now's a good time to dive back in where I left off!

Actually, I think I should reread/order all the Mars Chronicle volumes up till now to refresh my memory. A nice excuse to dive into Kishiro's wacky world again. :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh my goodness there's illicit drug use going on