Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I'd argue the best panels in volume six are the ones where she's doing the :haw: face as she murders dudes. She just loves her work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Bilirubin posted:

When he finally takes off the glasses

It's so good.

The VOLT splash page is my favorite in the whole series, and pretty much anything between that scene's framing is amazing.

It's pretty reasonable to find the :haw: thing unsettling. At that point, keep in mind she's spent years as the GIB's slave. The whole experience hosed her up a little, in addition to something that comes up toward the end of volume 9. I'm not totally sure if you've finished yet, so I'm being intentionally vague.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Okay, now that Bilirubin's finished: Alita was from Somewhere Else right from the jump, but I always got the impression Yoko in specific was kind of a late addition to the story. She's the source of that increasing glee in doing a murder, as Alita tries to square her current situation and personality with, y'know, her inherited karma.

Last Order has some real editing issues, but the parts where it's going into Alita's psychological issues with her past are really well done. The whole thing doesn't hang together well as a story, but it's definitely worth a read just for the highlight moments.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Don't forget just outright republishing the lyrics to Big Generator and Inside Looking Out.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

We all know the fans are actually here for Ido Nova Gonzu Ruliya Caerula Lou anyway.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

I think it was when Alita and Erica were fighting on the train and the fallout thereof, so several years of real time.

I'ma be real with y'all, Mars Chronicle ain't doing much for me. We're not getting the weirdness that Last Order would just spontaneously dump on the reader, and I don't care about any of our protagonists enough to make up for it.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Very true, although I guess that's not a problem by default at the moment anyway.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

We could talk about Aqua Knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

While Mars Chronicle still ain't doing much for me, I do appreciate Kishiro taking a few pages in the middle of his high-concept science fiction punchmans serial to stop and talk about balls.