Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
SHIELDS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
JAKE SHIELDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

hrollins
May 20, 2003
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter

Yuriy posted:

JAKE loving SHIELDS

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
jake shields is so loving cool

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008
How valid is that no-gi excuse?

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
That match owned

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Rory is such a tool

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
Kit Dale sure is a valuable member of the commentary team.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Keg posted:

Rory is such a tool

that sequence where he got hosed up around 3:00 owned

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

rory about the kimura

"I wouldn't have tapped, I would have gone till it broke"

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Josh Barnett: strikeforce heavyweight gp champion

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

SAKU TIME

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Yuriy posted:

rory about the kimura

"I wouldn't have tapped, I would have gone till it broke"

Giving up a high 6 figure payday in favor for warrior honor and getting his parking validated for a FOTN bonus seems like something Rory would do.

Masochism
Aug 28, 2004

Stoned, Ripped, Twisted...Good People.
Please never have Kit Dale back, so annoying.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

please someone do something

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
How many times did Glover say "not spring chickens"?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Yuriy posted:

a draw but Sakuraba was thoroughly dominated for all of it

It was really sad and pathetic, Saku moved like a shambling corpse and did nothing

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
i just want to say gently caress YOU!!!!! to the people (not on this forum, just people I know) that tried to tell me this would be better than the UFC card, and worth paying $30 for, and that soon this would be more popular than UFC etc etc. It sucked, was stupid and good luck making a sport popular where nothing happens and literally every match ends in a tie

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Masochism posted:

Please never have Kit Dale back, so annoying.

Turns out being good at vines doesn't translate into sports commentating

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Yuriy posted:

please someone do something

Me, irl, for most of this event.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

manyak posted:

i just want to say gently caress YOU!!!!! to the people (not on this forum, just people I know) that tried to tell me this would be better than the UFC card, and worth paying $30 for, and that soon this would be more popular than UFC etc etc. It sucked, was stupid and good luck making a sport popular where nothing happens and literally every match ends in a tie

I didn't watch this one except for only the Rory MacDonald interview when I got home but the previous Metamoris cards were good. It was that bad huh?

Masochism
Aug 28, 2004

Stoned, Ripped, Twisted...Good People.

Bubba Smith posted:

I didn't watch this one except for only the Rory MacDonald interview when I got home but the previous Metamoris cards were good. It was that bad huh?

It was good, but if you watch it using MMA as the litmus test for comparison, you'll be disappointed. Why the hell would you do that though?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
metamoris: (don't) try to (win) not lose

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

It was pretty underwhelming. Watched it with some guys from my BJJ club and even as grappling fans we were pretty bored by the Vinny/Diniz and Saku/Renzo matches. The other matches were alright but none were really good enough to salvage the card. Keenan vs Yuri Simoes was probably the best match (though I dunno why Keenan stormed off at the end without giving an interview). Rory did alright, at least he tried to do some cool stuff. He actually seemed less lame and robotic than he does when you see him in the UFC.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

I still enjoy these a lot more than the average ufc card.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

same

also jake shields looked great

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Yuriy posted:

same

also jake shields looked great

Is he ready for a mane event?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

colonel_korn posted:

Keenan vs Yuri Simoes was probably the best match (though I dunno why Keenan stormed off at the end without giving an interview).

He posted on Facebook that he stormed off because he was about to puke. He went back to do his interview but they had already moved on to the next video package.

• Locked thread