Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
I want to remind everyone in this thread that there is no evidence in the real world that a loss of religion or religious authority would lead to any kind of societal collapse.
Further, morality exists outside of religion and you can be a good person and lead a good life even if you reject your religious background even though religion takes every possible moment to convince you its not true. I would recommend that the OP not brush off atheism as "snarky teenage bullshit". Its just the unfortunate logical conclusion of humans understanding their place on Earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

The Ender posted:

As someone who has a lot of difficulty making peace with that idea & who also cannot engage in supernatural fantasy for whatever reason, I have to say that I do not recommend this state of being (...not that it's necessarily avoidable anyway. Though at least meds make it manageable, I guess).

I say this compassionately: don't fear death, enjoy your life as much as you can and recognize that humanity is actually on the whole a really great thing. You are going to not exist someday.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

redstormpopcorn posted:

I was hoping this thread would be about the Book of Revelation, and the problem is that there's no Michael Bay-directed textually-accurate film adaptation yet.
I don't think anyone understands what this thread is for. It's like a bunch of old monks sitting around farting and making grandiose claims about faith with no rational framework to it but it all sounds right so no one is wrong and we can continue to fart.

• Locked thread