Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Cnut the Great posted:

There's no inherent reason why he wouldn't give each and every individual human being personalized advice whenever they asked for it.

Oh, there is one exceptionally good reason why personalized advice would not be forthcoming from the creator... one wholly sufficient to explain the lack of a response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Cavaradossi posted:

Most physical actions - walking, catching, etc.
Understanding the story of a film.
Most 'decisions' about stuff you buy.

Are you sure you are not confusing 'logical' with 'analytical'? Because it feels like you are.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Cavaradossi posted:

If wanting to go somewhere is the result of logic, then praying is because you want to talk to God, the logic's no different.

Logic, meaning the application of reason, is an extraordinarily limited way of interacting with the world. You do it infrequently and badly. The vast majority of actions you take in your life are either well below the level of logic, or are decisions arrived at by non-rational processes. Very, very rarely do you sit down and puzzle out something from the beginning. You'd take a year to get dressed if you worked it all out from first principles.

What if I took an extra amount of time to decide what I will wear in the future... does that still count as using logic to dress when I get dressed at that future time?

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Although technically I think breathing is actually automatic, I know heartbeat is controlled by a regular electric pulse from the brain but I can't remember what controls breathing.

Electric impulse to the diaphragm and the muscles along the rib cage

• Locked thread