Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

If you worship the Truth, which is the providence of God, then it stands to reason there is such things as objective Truth. If there is objective Truth but you're not a pragmatist where people being wrong is ok then very few people are right and most are doomed to hellfire.

Honestly I thought this thread was going to be anout the gospel of Revelations :black101: but instead we have the church version of the, libertarian thread... I guess?

I feel like the OP has been circling this line of reasoning for a while but actually looking at the demon would give it power so keep dancing I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

GAINING WEIGHT... posted:

Dancing around what? Libertarianism? I'm not libertarian in the slightest so I don't know where you're getting that from.

I'm someone who would be more than happy to be one of the faithful, but there are too many problems getting in the way of that.

Or do you mean dancing around the idea that most if not all people are doomed to hell? Yes, actually, that's part of why this is such a huge problem. I don't feel I've been dancing around that, I feel like I brought it up right away. We need to be able to find out what's right to save us from damnation, but there's no good way to do that from what I see.

What I was getting at is that I feel my own acknowledgement of the inability of all those people to be both reasonably good but damned drove me to understand that the talk of revelation, divinely inspired knowledge is avoiding a core issue that pragmatists tend to try to ignore or it turns them into agnostics.

I brought up the libertarian thread because of the similarity in reasoning, the only real difference is political fallacy is fair game in America while deeply held religious beliefs shall not be challenged, that would be just uncouth.

Christian revelation is a very strong conduit to deciding that God is too human, too fallible and too contradictory to stand the ideal of one true absolute faith.

Whatever may be revealed of the divine, it won't be in the utterances of man.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

What IS the best church?

Has it occured to you that Modern Christianity is the greatest trick ever played by Lucifer, designed to corrupt and lead people away from God and his untarnished glory?

What could be a greater victory for the ultimate evil in the world than making people believe in a God that requires blood sacrifice for forgiveness and strict interpretations of literature that damns the majority of the human race?

The problem with revelation isnt who's right, it's that they're all the whispers of Satan and madness.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Is there a point? Or do you think that, whatever God is, he doesn't care what version of which religion I follow as long as I endeavor to know him?

For some reason you think God cares if you "endeavor to know him". I don't think he does.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I find your thread infuriating because it's like watching a child claim that they're hungry with a big ol' bowl of mac and cheese in front of them but refusing to eat because you've given them a fork instead of the spoon they're used to.

But then I remember you're just like everyone else a limited organism with only so much ability to break out of your preconceived programming and I read something else instead.

• Locked thread