Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

tomorrow i’m going to give in and get an amiibo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Once I buy the Wii U on black friday I'm going to buy the princess peach amiibo, so hold your horses OP. Jesus christ.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
my peach is coming in the mail

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

The toys r us buy smash and get an amiibo deal means I dont have to wait for the "mail"... sorry :chord: :chord:

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

The best part? lootcrate.com has all the retail exclusive Amiibos and a few unique ones. It's a gamers best friend. Lootcrate.com. Epic Loot. Once a month. Simple.

Not available in canada

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Pirate Jet posted:

that loving greedy activision. ruining video games with physical dlc. they're pushing too OMG NINTENDO FIGURES GOTTA HAVE EM

Can you gently caress off? It's not the same thing. Amiibos aren't DLC.. they're a new Nintendo peripheral. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to buy it - hell, I bet you don't even own a Wii U. So why dont you gently caress off to zooloomans tf2 thread or whatever god awful Games shithole thread you crawled out of and leave us true gamers alone..

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Can you gently caress off? It's not the same thing. Amiibos aren't DLC.. they're a new Nintendo peripheral. If you don't like it no one is forcing you to buy it - hell, I bet you don't even own a Wii U. So why dont you gently caress off to zooloomans tf2 thread or whatever god awful Games shithole thread you crawled out of and leave us true gamers alone..

yeah... Yeah!! YEAH!!!

.----.-----.-----.-----.
 /      \     \     \     \
|  \/    |     |   __L_____L__
|   |    |     |  (           \
|    \___/    /    \______/    |
|        \___/\___/\___/       |
 \      \     /               /
  |                        __/
   \_                   __/
    |        |         |
    |                  |
    |                  |

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
my friend who works at best buy hooked me up and I got some for $9.50 each

it's disappointing that they level up so fast but who cares I just got amazing samus and link figures for under $20

they look super rad

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Whereas the Tingle amiibo that unlocks Tingle as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros Wii Nintendo!!?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i want to get samus real bad..

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Yoda loving Luke

This is the amiibo I want

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Liquid Penguins posted:

I can't get mine to work

Get that disgusting poo poo off of your gamepad

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Dexters Secret posted:

it's super weird and completely hosed up that nintendo is making cool figures that do things in your video games.

like what

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i dont understand what amiibos are or why you would want to level them up

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Initially I was like, holy crap gotta buy all of these maybe even preorder them. But holy shut they are so expensive and seem to do so little I am reconsidering.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Omally posted:

i dont understand what amiibos are or why you would want to level them up

so what.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

I.N.R.I posted:

so what.

i need to at least pretend to have a reason to buy solid plastic figurines beyond making them kiss each other

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

bonzibuddy64 posted:

i want to get samus real bad..

I kind of want them all even though that may be the most financially irresponsible thought I've ever had. Let this thread be one of solace and comfort

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Link arrived and I like him. I think he's neat.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 23, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pirate Jet posted:

you're poo poo if you buy this

I'm going to buy the Captain Falcon Amiibo.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i was disappointed that mega man was not available when i picked up my copy of smash

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
I went to the ebgames near my house. 5 of each amiibo, and plenty in the back. Only bought a yoshi because face it, it's the best sidekick in existence.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

bef posted:

I'm going to buy the Captain Falcon Amiibo.

I'm going to buy the Robin amiibo

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

you're poo poo if you buy this

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

These are all really lovely looking. Like bad paint jobs and floppy swords. Fun fact, they can only save data for one game at a time, so if another game ever comes out where it saves data to it you will have to delete your smash character.

I'll probably get a luigi though.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

what does an amiibo do and do i need one

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

A Spider Covets posted:

what does an amiibo do and do i need one

In smash bros its a computer player that gets better as you use it.

In Mario Kart 8 its a helmet for miis.

In Zelda Warriors its a one-use weapon or something.

e:
Current Games that support will support amiibo:
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
- Super Smash Bros. for 3DS
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Mario Kart 8
- Mario Party 10
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Hyrule Warriors (Link only)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i think you can scan them daily in hyrule warriors for new random poo poo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i want a pacman amiibo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

elf help book posted:

u get rupees

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Can we get more hilarious pictures if people putting things that aren't amiibos on their game pads and complaining they're not working?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

link gets you the Spinner weapon, every other amiibo you can scan daily and it gets you random poo poo like rupees or boosts or 3-star or under weapons. you can also scan the zelda amiibo daily and get a 3 star or above weapon

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bonzibuddy64 posted:

link gets you the Spinner weapon, every other amiibo you can scan daily and it gets you random poo poo like rupees or boosts or 3-star or under weapons. you can also scan the zelda amiibo daily and get a 3 star or above weapon

i havent played that game is "rupees or boosts or 3-star or under weapons" actually worth caring about

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

elf help book posted:

i havent played that game is "rupees or boosts or 3-star or under weapons" actually worth caring about

Under 3-star weapons is pretty lame but who can say no to free rupees. If they give away materials then that's worth caring about too.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I'm gonna be a super cool dude and make fun of people who buy amiibos until they release a Ness one and then I'm going to buy three because I'm an EarthBound human being

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Amiibos are going to tear imp zone apart. On one hand, we all respect gaming in all ways and Nintendo is extremely win, and it's important to promote wierd harmless experiments. On the other hand, Amiibos are almost useless and a blatant cashgrab that wasn't thought all the way thru in terms of gaming implementation. You get very little for your money. The only real value they have until present day isn't really directly gaming related, but if you like collecting little plastic figurines, you could do worse than Nintendo characters. You're going down a dark path either way.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Gimbal lock posted:

Amiibos are going to tear imp zone apart. On one hand, we all respect gaming in all ways and Nintendo is extremely win, and it's important to promote wierd harmless experiments. On the other hand, Amiibos are almost useless and a blatant cashgrab that wasn't thought all the way thru in terms of gaming implementation. You get very little for your money. The only real value they have until present day isn't really directly gaming related, but if you like collecting little plastic figurines, you could do worse than Nintendo characters. You're going down a dark path either way.

i bought one of those nfc pokemon rumble toys and i dont even like pokemon rumble

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm not proud of myself.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm not proud of myself.

Yeah you are, you arranged your amiibos to face the camera on a shelf full of games, took a picture, and then posted it here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm not proud of myself.

I'm proud of you.

• Locked thread