Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

That's a very nice display, Detective No. 27

Today I bought Link since he works with almost everything. I also bought Wii Fit Trainer under the guise of "I can sell this in a year and make my money back + more" but deep down I knew it was just to get the shame out of the way early

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'm proud of you.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I'm proud of you.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This approval is all I ever wanted. :kimchi:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I got my Samus amiibo today. I'm going to try to train it to have feelings. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Lemming posted:

I got my Samus amiibo today. I'm going to try to train it to have feelings. Does anybody have any suggestions?

buy it a friend :)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bass Bottles posted:

buy it a friend :)

I want it to learn hatred

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
my Kirby amiibo arrived in the mail faster than I thought and it's cool

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Lemming posted:

buy it a bad friend

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

https://twitter.com/ChipCheezum/status/537035123200626689 holy poo poo

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Lemming posted:

buy it pit as a friend

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

elf help book posted:

i havent played that game is "rupees or boosts or 3-star or under weapons" actually worth caring about

yea the rupees and materials are good, i dont know if they give boosts but its always good to have a boost to material collecting or weapon drop rates, and getting weapons is always good

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

so whats the score on these? should i just loving give in and get them all or just a few or none?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

chaosbreather posted:

so whats the score on these? should i just loving give in and get them all or just a few or none?

do you want a little figure of any of the characters?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://kotaku.com/nintendo-amiibo-figure-somehow-opens-subway-gate-1664174554 this is kotaku but lol

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
put subway card under toy
make .5 second gif
get on kotaku

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
it's probably fake but the idea is funny

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

elf help book posted:

do you want a little figure of any of the characters?

yes, all of them

i need to own all of them

help

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Could we make it a rule that if someone posts a Kotaku link, they have to quote it so nobody else has to click it?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Could we make it a rule that if someone posts a Kotaku link, they have to quote it so nobody else has to click it?

quote:

Nintendo's Amiibo figures use near field communication (NFC) to work. Know what else uses NFC? A lot of public transport ticketing systems.

yollych here took this video not long after picking up some of the first Amiibo figures in Russia. In it, we can see the Samus Amiibo able to open the gates at a Metro station.

Now, one of two possible things has happened here:

The Samus figure has code in it that somehow, coincidentally, plays nice with Moscow's Metro ticketing system.
yollych has modified the Amiibo, whether by cracking open the case and swapping out the chip or via some hasty programming, to broadcast ticketing information instead of Nintendo information.

Either of those things (though the latter seems more likely) is awesome. Id' much rather have Link or Yoshi be responsible for my public transport payments than some piece of boring-rear end plastic.

And while people are freaking out about this application, who's to say it's not just as impressive going the other way around? Maybe London's Oyster cards can play a mean AC Villager in Smash...4
i will start the trend

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I'm glad we have people with the moral conviction to stand against videogame blogs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

hopefully next people could just not link them at all

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i bought a kirby amiibo and now i have a precious child to take care of

AtlasToked
Sep 14, 2014

gay skull posted:

Yeah you are, you arranged your amiibos to face the camera on a shelf full of games, took a picture, and then posted it here

it's a call for help

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
kotaku sucks

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

AtlasToked posted:

it's a call for help

yeah, "help me look at this rad pic of my sweet amiibo collection" you mean. stay strong, Detective No. 27.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I got Kirby

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I bought a Kirby today. My copy of smash ain't even here because amazon sucks, but I now have a cute costume in Mario Kart.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

gently caress now look what happened nintendo

look what you made me do on launch morning today

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

chaosbreather posted:

Christ. Do you ever have an 8-person amiibo fight?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

chaosbreather posted:

Oh, they made the clear plastic yellow because that is the color of the base. Mystery solved. That Link statue actually looks pretty good in this picture.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Just picked up peach, yoshi and kirby.. Wii fit trainer, marth and villager are sold out every where.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i started trying out wii fit u and now i want a trainer amiibo to encourage me

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I want the trainer,too..

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wii fit u has a new trainer and i dont like her as much as the old one

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Yeah.. She is green

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Anyone got somne pics of their amiibos getting stickied if you know what I mean? http://www.reddit.com/r/cummingonfigurines doesn't have any and that's my go-to source

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SeXReX posted:

Anyone got somne pics of their amiibos getting stickied if you know what I mean? http://www.reddit.com/r/cummingonfigurines doesn't have any and that's my go-to source

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SeXReX posted:

I am not clicking that link,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

SeXReX posted:

The Imp Zone doesn't appreciate this level of sexual deviancy.

• Locked thread