Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

So thanks to NotJustANumber99's post in the post your ride thread I've been reminded there is a MG TC (1948?) that belonged to my Grandpa gathering dust in my Grandma's garage. The story is he brought it back with him after the war and daily drove it for a while then it turned into a car for special occasions.

It was restored at some point around 10 years ago but has mostly sat since then. I don't really have the space at the moment but the car likely isn't going anywhere. I need to have Mom mention I'm interested next time she goes over.

It's only 65+ years old, how bad could it be?

I had a MGB for a while in high school but it was the years with big ugly bumpers and I didn't keep it around for long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

you should really put dibs on it. It would go well with your theme of cool old sports cars.
Considering I've taken over care of his 524TD and am one of two grandsons he had that gives a poo poo about cars it's basically mine. 524 was given to my brother who broke it then let it sit for 6 months so I've taken it. My only concern is one uncle who might grab it (he's MUCH closer) and sell it off.

Pham Nuwen posted:

drat, gotta see pics of this!
Pictures will happen either via me when I get up there or Mom/Dad going over and checking things out for me.

Looks like the TC was the 'sporty' one and it can kind of do interstate speeds. That would be one bad rear end commuter. poo poo now I really need to fit a lift in the garage somehow so I can fit everything.

Speaking of pictures, some of his old English/British cars.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 13, 2015

• Locked thread