Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

2:1 Officer cleared, town sacked and burned
5:1 Officer not cleared, town sacked and burned
10:1 Officer cleared, light protesting and a speech by Al Sharpton, everybody grumbles and goes home
10000000:1 Officer not cleared, later brought up on capital charges and executed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sounds about right.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Courthouse posted:

Good loving luck finding someone with a good idea of how to handle IS and the rest of the current generation islamists though. Can't think of anyone who has voiced anything aproaching concrete and workable plan, much less a doctrine. Not to mention all the conventional regional power wannabes in to keep in check.

neca eos omnes, deus suos agnoscet

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
What's the spread on number of city blocks burned?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

LongDarkNight posted:

What's the spread on number of city blocks burned?

Depends on windspeed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

e- ^^ I don't know how the weather is in Ferguson today, but it's windy as poo poo in Ohio today. If they had our winds, it'd be apocalyptic.

I know somebody was grading news sources based on bias in the previous thread. Is CNN the most level-headed of the major US-based news networks when it comes to anything news? I've heard MSNBC has a liberal slant and :lol: FOX News. Plus, I want to pick which network to watch when the poo poo hits the fan once the grand jury announcement happens.

The reason I ask HERE is, as piles of other goons also owned up to in the last thread, this is one of the only places I come for my current events commentary and, in terms of SA, I'm not touching GBS or D&D with a 50 foot pole.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I can't remember the last time I watched the news.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't really like CNN that much. I haven't filtered them out entirely but they're set on the lowest setting on Google news before they're completely blocked.

I don't know if they've improved (nor do I really care much) but they used to have their "i-reporters" stories on the front page a lot. Which is basically just a bunch of bloggers doing work for free and posting all sorts of nonsense bullshit.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Maybe Vice will do another live feed.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I like to read the major-market paper that's nearest to whatever news story you're interested in. In the case of Ferguson, that'd be the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

As to what's going to happen in Ferguson? Put me down for Wilson not getting indicted followed by large protests with some civil disturbance that rapidly peter out unless the cops do something stupid like shoot an 8-year old.

Between Thanksgiving weekend and the slavering hordes of proles kicking in the doors of the local Wal-Mart in search of cheap widgets, no one in mainstream America will give two fucks about Ferguson by this time next week.

Courthouse
Jul 23, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

I know somebody was grading news sources based on bias in the previous thread. Is CNN the most level-headed of the major US-based news networks when it comes to anything news? I've heard MSNBC has a liberal slant and :lol: FOX News. Plus, I want to pick which network to watch when the poo poo hits the fan once the grand jury announcement happens.

If you want someone unbiased the best thing is usually to try and find some source that doesn't have an ideological dog in the fight. BBC is usually fairly good at these kinds of things, because they have no viewers to win from trying to rile people in the commonwealth over US internal politics. Makes it all a bit dry and factual, but at least you don't have them yap on about Benghazi or how this affects Malia Obamas 2060 election prospects.

quote:

Between Thanksgiving weekend and the slavering hordes of proles kicking in the doors of the local Wal-Mart

Are the blacks rioting and burning down the city, or just looking for a good black friday deal? Join us at 5 for more of Wolf Blitzers giant holo-wall touchscreens and clips we stole from Vice' youtube channel!

Courthouse fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 24, 2014

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Courthouse posted:

Looks like Hagel is getting the boot

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/u...v=top-news&_r=0

Good loving luck finding someone with a good idea of how to handle IS and the rest of the current generation islamists though. Can't think of anyone who has voiced anything aproaching concrete and workable plan, much less a doctrine. Not to mention all the conventional regional power wannabes in to keep in check.

E: Was this the last republican in the top executive? Obummer! :bahgawd:
Another casualty of #GamerGate.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Omi-Polari posted:

Another casualty of #GamerGate.

Ssh, we don't talk about that here.

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene
excuse me Goons cuz I ain't ex-mil, but ......

CBJSprague24 posted:

this is one of the only places I come for my current events commentary

Huttan
May 15, 2013

Courthouse posted:

Good loving luck finding someone with a good idea of how to handle IS and the rest of the current generation islamists though. Can't think of anyone who has voiced anything approaching concrete and workable plan, much less a doctrine. Not to mention all the conventional regional power wannabes in to keep in check.
BBC World News was saying that there is apparently some federal statute that requires 7 years out-of-uniform before they can be Secretary of Defense as they were suggesting someone with previous Middle East experience was needed, like Petraeus.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Grand jury announcement pushed back to 8pm CST. He's going to be acquitted, and they want everybody off the roads when he is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

Grand jury announcement pushed back to 8pm CST. He's going to be acquitted, and they want everybody off the roads when he is.

Was it ever actually set for an earlier time?

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

gfanikf posted:

I thought I saw 7 at one point, not sure what difference an hour would make

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gfanikf posted:

Originally set for 4pm CST.

Logic is screaming at me that there's no other reason to delay a verdict that's already in 4 hours into the evening unless you're trying to mitigate a potential riot.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
There's gonna be a riot either way.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shyduck posted:

Logic is screaming at me that there's no other reason to delay a verdict that's already in 4 hours into the evening unless you're trying to mitigate a potential riot.

Oh yeah if that's the case then yeah it would be odd to delay it if not for that reason.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

shyduck posted:

Uhhhhh PRIME TIME BABY

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

But football :negative:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Nucken Futz posted:

excuse me Goons cuz I ain't ex-mil, but ......

Digging the av.

2:1 Zim Zam and Darren Wilson fight zombie Tray tray and Mikey for racial supremacy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Digging the av.

2:1 Zim Zam and Darren Wilson fight zombie Tray tray and Mikey for racial supremacy.

Regular, Steel Cage, or Barbed Wire?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

shyduck posted:

But football :negative:

:(

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Steel cage, sponsored by Skittles.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Steel cage, sponsored by Skittles.

*ref takes mask off to reveal its christopher dorner*

Related: http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/24/justice/cleveland-police-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

I guess thats one way to go out

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Saw a group of protesters get on the car ahead of me today on the red line.

They had a big stuffed cop doll with them. Hanging from a stick.

That's a totally rational thing to do.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I've been waiting for this to be the next hotspot for a while now:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/crime-law/family-of-man-shot-at-walmart-wants-answers-survei/ngzT4/

TL;DR: Dipshit at a Walmart across the Interstate from Wright-Patterson AFB (Fairfield Commons area for those familiar) picks up an air rifle in the store, walks around the store with it, somebody sees it and 911 is called, police tell him to drop it, he doesn't, :rip:. There's supposed surveillance video showing he was talking on a cell phone with his back to the police when they popped him.

Anonymous (yeah, them) protested the "lack of justice" last weekend, but didn't spare any thought for the 37 year old who was minding her own business when this started and died of a heart attack while running away from the store.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 25, 2014

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Vasudus posted:

Where the gently caress do you live?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Vasudus posted:

Red Line in DC?

Last time I checked, DC, NY and LA are all under tactical alert. I'm really hoping poo poo doesn't get out of hand tonight.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

What the hell is tactical alert

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smiling Jack posted:

Sexyfuntime.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Smiling Jack posted:

All hands on deck? I dunno, not a cop

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Smiling Jack posted:

A giant overtime boner I'm sure

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Smiling Jack posted:

it's need to know, so, you clearly aren't tactical enough.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

beanieson posted:

it's need to know, so, you clearly aren't tactical enough.

I didn't get any overtime that's for sure

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Smiling Jack posted:

I didn't get any overtime that's for sure

we're postponing the revolution till after the game down here... if the saints lose we might see some white people starting fires just for the hell of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Gonna wear my tactical turtleneck to work tonight, the tactilneck

• Locked thread