Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
The live feed was pretty spotty for me, did he say that someone actually captured part of the confrontation on video??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

beanieson posted:

The live feed was pretty spotty for me, did he say that someone actually captured part of the confrontation on video??

10 shots can be heard, audio only from someone on a video chat iirc

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I love the smell of tear gas in the morning. Smells like... pork.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

justice4trayvawn posted:

10 shots can be heard, audio only from someone on a video chat iirc

Yeah someone who was recording a video chat with an "acquaintance" and includes the phrase "I was just going over some of your videos."

Said individual doing the recording was an overweight single male in his 40s.

I'll let you surmise what the subject of the video chat was.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014
I wonder where all these national guard dudes are at during this....aren't they supposed to be out there?

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

justice4trayvawn posted:

I wonder where all these national guard dudes are at during this....aren't they supposed to be out there?

They were probably brought in to police the police.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

DAS Super! posted:

I imagine them standing shoulder to shoulder around some building with nothing but gas masks and demilled M-14s heh

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

justice4trayvawn posted:

My experience with guard troops is they are all show, no go. When they're activated to my area for hurricane releif they have never had ammunition for their weapons & were told to never touch anyone unless it was life threatening or something. We basically used them to direct traffic.

E: this is obviously a different scenario but I'm not surprised to not see troops out there dealing with people :shrug:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Now Ukraine, that was a protest

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Small arms fire exchanged. At least one police car on fire and tear gas/bean bags have been used.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

beanieson posted:

My experience with guard troops is they are all show, no go. When they're activated to my area for hurricane releif they have never had ammunition for their weapons & were told to never touch anyone unless it was life threatening or something. We basically used them to direct traffic.

E: this is obviously a different scenario but I'm not surprised to not see troops out there dealing with people :shrug:

No that sounds about right heh

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

beanieson posted:

How much ammunition do you normally need for hurricane relief

This is an honest question

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DAS Super! posted:

They're doing a good enough job shooting brown dudes on their own, dunno why the army needs to come in and show em how its done :shrug:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Now Ukraine, that was a protest

Seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZjC9P0y3i8

This protest aint poo poo

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Clayton, Mosulsouri.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How many selfies do you think the tactical response squad took after they suited up with all their gear

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

How many selfies do you think the tactical response squad took after they suited up with all their gear

As much as you during AIT?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Vengarr posted:

How much ammunition do you normally need for hurricane relief

This is an honest question

Well none so far, thank god. It's just surprising to find out that these dudes are all walking around with M9s on their hips that are effectively paperweights.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

beanieson posted:

Well none so far, thank god. It's just surprising to find out that these dudes are all walking around with M9s on their hips that are effectively paperweights.

After 9/11 there were regularly airport security guard people with empty M16s and stuff heh

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

beanieson posted:

I wouldn't trust 99.999999% of the military with loving live ammunition

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The retard is spreading elsewhere too, people are marching in Times Square and laying in the street here in Seattle.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Holy poo poo someone just straight up stole that Bassem guy's phone while he was filming and ran away

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Million cops around and can't stop a dude from jacking a guys' phone heh.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It's truly the most fitting outcome, though

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Holy poo poo someone just straight up stole that Bassem guy's phone while he was filming and ran away

Care to venture the race of the perp, mate?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkTAqmJUwc

iPhone 6! iPhone 6!

(skip to 2:30 for the jacking)

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

She definitely went to Stanford.

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Lazy Reservist posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWkTAqmJUwc

iPhone 6! iPhone 6!

(skip to 2:30 for the jacking)

hahahahahahah

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

zombie303 posted:

She definitely went to Stanford.

Are you sure? I'm not sure because the image is cropped but I think she is wearing a Stanford sweatshirt.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

justice4trayvawn posted:

Care to venture the race of the perp, mate?

I'm not an actual racist even if that one guy accused me of cross-burning

The one time a guy tried to jack my phone he was a white tweaker-looking fellow so I'm equal opportunity when it comes to disliking scumbags

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

I'm not an actual racist even if that one guy accused me of cross-burning

The one time a guy tried to jack my phone he was a white tweaker-looking fellow so I'm equal opportunity when it comes to disliking scumbags

It was black btw, you lose

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heer98
Apr 10, 2009
Why is the drunk thread more erudite than the current events thread?

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised at how small scale and calm things seem. I'm only watching the CNN feed, but it seems like for all the thousands of cops wearing armor, carrying AR's and tooling around in giant armored trucks there are, there are only a few thousand actual protestors, max. Most of whom seem quite peaceful. The worst videos of looting that CNN had up showed what, a few dozen looters cleaning out a liquor store, one burning car and a building?

If anything, this whole incident is just kind of sad. I don't disagree with the grand juries decision, but it's a loving tragedy that a man is dead, and there's obviously a serious problem with how the urban poor of America are treated by their police. It's embarrassing to think that is what the world sees of America.

Oh, and these CNN reporters are such vultures. They are absolutely *salivating* over the possibility that some terrible episode of violence might happen in front of their cameras.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TsarZiedonis posted:

Why is the drunk thread more erudite than the current events thread?

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised at how small scale and calm things seem. I'm only watching the CNN feed, but it seems like for all the thousands of cops wearing armor, carrying AR's and tooling around in giant armored trucks there are, there are only a few thousand actual protestors, max. Most of whom seem quite peaceful. The worst videos of looting that CNN had up showed what, a few dozen looters cleaning out a liquor store, one burning car and a building?

If anything, this whole incident is just kind of sad. I don't disagree with the grand juries decision, but it's a loving tragedy that a man is dead, and there's obviously a serious problem with how the urban poor of America are treated by their police. It's embarrassing to think that is what the world sees of America.

Oh, and these CNN reporters are such vultures. They are absolutely *salivating* over the possibility that some terrible episode of violence might happen in front of their cameras.

Yeah everyone dispersed after the police lobbed a few gas canisters and I didn't see any serious injuries in the stream. It'd be a different story if the cops started doing Israeli-style rubber bullet firing lines.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

iyaayas01 posted:

No kidding.

Maybe they can move McDonough over to SecDef and just make it official already.

No one worth a poo poo would be crazy enough to go for it. And no way in hell the administration wants anything more than a puppet.

Are there any brightspots on either side for the presidential?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If we get lucky Shinin' Diamond Joe Biden will run, although honestly I've been hoping after his terms as VP he would go to Vegas and do a stage show where he sings the standards and between songs tells stories of his political adventures to the crowd

Maarek
Jun 9, 2002

Your silence only incriminates you further.

justice4trayvawn posted:

It was black btw, you lose

justice4trayvawn is your MOS 1488HH?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

If we get lucky Shinin' Diamond Joe Biden will run, although honestly I've been hoping after his terms as VP he would go to Vegas and do a stage show where he sings the standards and between songs tells stories of his political adventures to the crowd

I do not want to see this beautiful butterfly of a man ruined by the burden of presidency.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I like to imagine during happier times a couple years ago Biden and Putin doing a duet of "Stuck In The Middle With You" for Ukraine's now deposed former President

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

maffew buildings posted:

I would watch the poo poo out of that act.

• Locked thread