Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

sorry N4I i don't actually have a side i just hate hysterical nerds

so what's it like lighting up crosses in celebration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

maffew buildings posted:

I meant to type bourgeois but the wires got crossed and well they're retards that are doing more damage to the people they think they're helping so it checks out

If people could actually do damage by posting in d&d really hard it would be like a million holocausts by now.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm sure the operator was furiously masturbating.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Probably Literal Nazi Furry, I would say.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Legalizing it all will help cull the weak in society anyway.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The Soviet management of the Communist government in Afghanistan was comically inept, bested only by the way we handled the South Vietnamese government. Like us, they decided to just go ahead and coup out a leader they thought ineffective, which just ended up making things worse, the way we did with Diem.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Zeris posted:

An unpopular Soviet-backed government in Kabul tried to consolidate power by executing political prisoners en masse in the late 70s; the 80,000-strong Afghan army began hemorrhaging deserters and the country was about to throw up all over itself when the Soviets arrived. They walked into a loss, especially considering how pissed we were that the US ambassador to Afghanistan had been kidnapped by rebels and killed in an Afghan police / Soviet advisor "rescue attempt" that ended like every hostage situation involving Russians; we were funneling money to the Afghan rebels to help them destabilize the Soviet-backed government (yes, those rebels) which escalated to the missiles and such we're used to hearing about, and so forth. The Soviets tried to prop up a government that wanted to end the "feudalism" of rural Afghanistan; modernize it; secularize it, and so forth. They enforced this position by bulldozing and bombing entire villages. Hearts and minds didn't work so well, either, 30 years later. I sort of wish the Soviets had succeeded, though.

The Soviets decided to go ahead and coup out one of their own clients because they felt it couldn't get much worse than Amin but it did in fact get worse. A lot like we did with Diem, really. Diem wasn't very good, but a series of weak-willed and greedy military officers ended up being worse.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

holocaust bloopers posted:

He didn't even bother mentioning how little protection a car door provides. Dude plays life by Call of Duty rules.

The whole truck is a death trap. Even if you wanted to stop and shoot someone up, why would you stay in the truck?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Saw the article.
Don't point guns at police people, you will get got.

To the contrary, just make sure when you point a gun at the police you pull the trigger cause you shouldn't point guns at something you're not ready to kill.

What I mean is kill whiny cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

not caring here posted:

Everyone is forgetting the real criminal in all of this.

That driver of that charger and his criminal loving job of parking. What a dickhead.

Holy poo poo this. They park like people do at costco.

• Locked thread