Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Now Ukraine, that was a protest

Seriously

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZjC9P0y3i8

This protest aint poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

beanieson posted:

Well none so far, thank god. It's just surprising to find out that these dudes are all walking around with M9s on their hips that are effectively paperweights.

I wouldn't trust 99.999999% of the military with loving live ammunition

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zeris posted:

I don't think two sides could have a monopoly on anything, by definition

The two political parties in this dumb gay country :v:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Nope it's all tear gas all the time. Did you know that it's BANNED for military use because it's a chemical weapon!? Let me tell you more about

Nah man all of the protesters are super hard chargers like that one idiot in my squadron that reenlisted in the gas chamber sans mask like the hard charging motivator he is

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

*scurries after 2 tear gas canisters go off in the crowd, goes home and posts twitter updates about how they'll return to stick it to the man tomorrow*

I'm making a difference!

Time for some civil disobedience! *does everything the police tell them to do while acting passive aggressive*

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

It's been awhile since I got marched to the gas chamber like shim's grandparents but isn't CS gas yellowish in the first place? Like it's super loving obvious when it's being used?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Oh, man, when I was in basic, everybody thought that the gas chamber was going to be the end of the world or some poo poo. Afterward, I was actually pretty happy to have done it because it cleaned out all the poo poo that had built up over a winter in loving Knox.

I swear to god I hacked a stream of mucus like 6ft long my first trip to chamber. I felt loving great afterwards though

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

beanieson posted:

CS is actually awesome, it makes you feel tingly all over like the tip of your dick pre O-face and clears your sinuses to boot

OC is Satans own piss and will ruin your entire day, gently caress that forever

Hail Santa

When I got OC Sprayed when I was getting my riot control training done in Iwakuni they were pretty explicit to not take a shower afterwards and just let that poo poo evaporate off your dumb rear end. Hearing a 23 year old man scream like a little girl in his barracks room because he decided to take a shower was one of the funniest loving things I've ever heard.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

I liked the one from the Brown thread where someone tried to say that the military was trained in deescalation.

I don't know if things changed after I got out or maybe I missed a briefing or 12. But the extent of deescalation was a few low level A10 fly bys. Which tended to quell violence, but I doubt in the manner they were insinuating.

They touched on deescalation when I got my riot control training but most of it was how to beat the poo poo out of protesters with a giant goddamn nightstick but do it humanely. Apparently you shouldn't aim for their collarbones to incapacitate them because it's cruel or some poo poo. But to be honest breaking someones collarbone seems like a pretty effective way to stop someone from being an rear end in a top hat :shrug:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus has a sociology degree iirc :v:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

zombie303 posted:

Look up two posts.

I never did the Reading For Marines MCI :negative:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Is anyone else greatly amused that OPEC is putting the screws to Russia by not cutting production?

Getting a serious bear and the dragon vibe off the whole thing.

It helps that China imports a poo poo load of oil from OPEC and in turn exports tons and tons of poo poo to them. IIRC they export more stuff to the Middle East than anywhere else on the planet. They got a good thing going and it's not like the Russians have done a loving thing for them in the region in the past 20 years. Them loving over Russia is just a happy coincidence imho

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

That's actually one of the most entertaining things about the whole scenario. I wonder if it's motivated by the Iranian nuke program or what, though.

Even if Iran managed to get its enrichment program in full swing would they even be able to develop, test and miniaturize a bomb to a remotely usable size quickly enough to not get deep dicked by the entire Arab world? I mean the goddamn Norks have an atom bomb but it's like 3x bigger than the trinity bomb and a 1/3rd as powerful.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

gfanikf posted:

It wasn't so much the process as much as just costs and the guy make these massive requests and iirc the cost is incurred by the department. Anyway I need to find the article when I get home.

Lapel cams are a better use of funds then giving them loving MRAPS at least.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Don't professional airline pilots on domestic routes make loving garbage in the first place. Like literally less than a bus driver in a major city?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Internet Wizard posted:

The Romans never could quite finish off the tribes in Britain, as well.

At least the Romans killed every last druid dooming their lovely culture to the poo poo heap of history even if they couldn't quite finish the job completely

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

The Zone is growing. :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpSg4n6lGo

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

If anything he finally earned his CPO title by sexually assaulting a coworker

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

cosby's only mistake was not being an honorary officer when he did it

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

That's quite the assumption to before firing a gun. Feel a hard object ... oh poo poo, must be a gun, better execute this dude ASAP!

That's cops for you though, better to kill a man than lose a fistfight.

I feel like not assaulting a police officer is a good start for not getting shot

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

or happen to be within 40yds of an NYPD officer

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtx1tYc7PxI

Or you're complying with his instructions during a routine traffic stop.

Didn't that dude get fired and charged?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

psydude posted:

That's metal as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzejqYRtmdY

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

How would we get the jews to shut the gently caress up without giving them a case of the prussian blues though?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

Again, you are in the extreme minority in considering drug offenses a homogeneous category of crimes, most people see possessing a joint as different from large scale heroin manufacture. Running a large criminal enterprise is not a "petty" crime. Also, if you are going to accuse AR of perpetrating an injustice, your position should include some sort of argument for why selling heroin should be legal, which you have consistently failed to provide.

Selling heroin should be legal because it kills TCC posters

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Best Friends posted:

The TCC approved answer is that heroin should be legal because I can control it, it's not really a problem, only the stigma causes people problems, and hey anyone else lose feeling in their arms after a bad batch? I need to know how to deal with it because CPS is coming by again and if I leave my arms hanging down they might take my kids again.

*USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
REASON: DEAD

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mongols had 2 long centuries of peace and was hilariously wealthy until the bubonic plague hosed everything up. All it took was killing 10% of the total human population on planet. Provided you didn't try to start poo poo and paid your taxes living in the mongol empire was probably not horrible

Seems like a pretty good trade tbh

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Outside of hundreds of thousands of innocent people dying in the region, I just don't see the credible doomsday scenario that ISIS poses. Technologically they're incapable of doing anything of value and there's just no loving point in bothering. They sure as poo poo aren't going to be able to roll over the Iranians, because despite their hilarious North Korea esque antics, they can actually fight.

It's not like these idiots are even good at genocide in the first place.

Best Friends posted:

The persistent belief in American exceptionalism makes "hey we can show people the light, it'll work, ya just gotta believe" an easy sell to the American people from anyone who wants to start a war anywhere. If also means that if you are arguing against the war being a smart idea, you are arguing against America being special, and therefore hate America and are bad.

America hasn't tasted real war on its own soil since 1865 so most Americans genuinely do believe we have bad-guy seeking bullets and that the rest of the world yearns to become exactly like Nebraska, if only some noble and pure American Soldiers show them the way and shoot enough of their relatives.

The only light of american exceptionalism I believe in is the W87

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

ISIS is what we have special operations dudes and drones for. Bomb the poo poo out of them from the air and give the Kurds a bunch of shiny new weapons and some hardasses with radios and laser targeters to call in airstrikes. We can throw money at this problem until they all die.

Exactly, just turn Iraq and Syria into like some Special Operations hunting preserve and not give a gently caress beyond that

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Worked in Afghanistan the first time around.

I'm picturing Rambo 5 having some message about the movie being dedicated to the brave kurdish fighters opposing tyranny and it suddenly being really awkward 20 years later

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

We overthrew Iran's government back when, they took our people hostage, our countries respective super religious people are both off the deep end with their faith. I don't understand why that poo poo can't just be water under the bridge and we work together for A Better Tomorrow (re Jihadi slaughter)

Because of the loving jews

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Are we talking about the sniper guy who sniped body parts off from 2 miles away or did something even more badass happen.

gently caress YOUR TABLES

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

William does all the PR work while the world fawns over he and the wifey like pathetic fanboys/girls. Harry smokes browns with attack helicopters.

Harry > William and Kate combined.

Didn't William fly CASEVAC in Afghanistan? Maybe not smoking browns but that's pretty loving close.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Subutai didn't give a poo poo about no Russian Winter :colbert:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

What the gently caress is North Korea going to do? People being terrified of a country that can't even feed its own people while being trapped in the 1950's is so mind blowingly retarded I can't even comprehend it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Best Friends posted:

North Korea is exactly the sort of place that would send over some people to bomb a movie theater because of a national insult. Spite fueled terrorism is their whole thing. As soon as they stop being a credible scary country they lose everything, so they need to continuously act crazy and do at least enough to back up their crazy.

Except they can't back poo poo up. They piss and moan and in the end they're capable of doing gently caress all because they're a poo poo tier country run by a literal goon. The last time they've done anything terrorism related was almost 30 years ago with that passenger jet they blew up. You know back when the Norks could actually feed their people (more like the soviets giving them food).

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

would the republicans represent the large homosexual population that existed in the nazi party?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I initially read that as Spermbank and wondering why people were doing withdrawals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Deer are a loathsome species deserving of death. They also happen to taste good and I can get hunting tags for dirt loving cheap in Georgia because I'm a vet. Literally the only reason I own a gun

• Locked thread