Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Ok, lets give this another go.

This isn't the drunk thread so please cut down on the drunk thread posting. I'm not saying no jokes but put some drat effort into it instead of empty-quoting "burn the world in nuclear fire" for a page and a half. I'm super serious about this.

Also, stop trying to score points against D&D it's stupid and petty. Let them circle jerk and think they're changing the world by posting words on the internet. I'd rather have actual discussion.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Equine Don posted:

It's going to be an orgy of stupid.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Cole posted:

Sounds like they are doing literal drive by shootings

I am all about anything that terrorizes those savages.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

This joyful anticipation is really loving creepy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

We've been listening to this gentle giant poo poo for 3 months, some change would be nice.

You're right.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Ok, enough of this crypto-racist "is it RAHOWA time yet?" bullshit. The grand jury has reached its decision. Acting like this is a win for your team grossly oversimplifies the situation and is the mirror image of the poo poo you all make fun of D&D for.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Booblord Zagats posted:

Is it okay to make fun of DnD saying America is dead because evidence, witness accounts and the prosecutor even admitting there was no real case against it to begin with, though?

Take it to the drunk tank.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Illegal Carrot posted:

wow, everyone's going goddamn bonkers over this poo poo. I've never seen stupidity like this before, people are just shutting off their brains and screaming. It's scary.

e: is there a designated thread for making fun of people freaking out over this Ferguson poo poo?

Neither side of this has a monopoly on stupid.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

e: nm

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Pretty much. It's like people forgot what nuanced opinions are.

I'll cut the average person some slack considering they're fed a "in order for your team to win the other side has to lose" narrative by pundits and the media.

The only winners yesterday were the media and their advertisers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

The flaw in your reasoning is that internet SJW buzzwords come directly from college social science and philosophy courses.

Just about every professor I had in my poli sci classes were realists who were the type to make fun of SJW types.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Fucitol posted:

how long are you going to spend rolling your eyes and sighing uncomfortably while your uncle rails about how darren wilson acted in self defense tomorrow?

also will you keep a live twitter feed of it going or will you come grumbling down to d&d months after the fact to gripe about how poo poo your family is?

tyia.

:nallears:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Shut about about Space Trek in the current events thread.

It happened a long long ago in a galaxy far far away :rolleye:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm going with yes.

Someone face-swap Petraeus and his wife.

I have a theory.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

*whispers*
They're clones...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

F-4s are awesome planes that refuse to die. They're powered by the souls of napalmed babies.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

The "Tea Party" position is that Mike Brown deserved to die and nothing is wrong with the way the system works so just go home and don't be mad about it. Even if I grant them Mike Brown, the system is still hosed up and needs to be changed.

So the argument that the "Tea Party" is making is an argument for the status quo, and since the status quo is hosed the Tea Party is still wrong about the broader question.

tl;dr: This is the Internet, so I'll let a lunatic yelling on the street make my argument for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABGiqizwCso

Here's a pretty good op-ed that elaborates on this position (and incidentally lines up with how I feel about the situation):
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/opinion/charles-blow-first-michael-brown-now-eric-garner.html?_r=0

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

50 Foot Ant posted:

Oh, wait, that means raising taxes and might actually work!

The actual reason nothing gets done in this country.

"I want all the trappings of civil society but I don't want to pay for it."

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Actually that was a Good Post by Cole :shrug:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zeris posted:

I haven't seen a VA hospital get shot up yet

:smith:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I know some folks are worried about anti-American backlash as a result of it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I wish John McCain were like this more often rather than the bitter husk he has become:
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/we-need-not-risk-our-national-honor-prevail-or-any-war

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ActusRhesus posted:

gotcha. spending too much time in DnD so my default is now to assume idiocy.

Unlike DnD, report suspected idiocy and I'll actually look into it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

It's almost as if people are too busy trying to score irrelevant political points for their "team" instead of having an adult conversation about the very real problems in our society.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

DnD's problem as far as I see it is that I could go into a thread and just say "George W. Bush is a war criminal and we should drag him to the Hague in chains and if you disagree you're literally Hitler" and folks will cheerlead me on, but if you respond to me with "that's insane" folks dogpile you with "well where's your peer-reviewed study to show that it's insane? MLA-citations only please :smug:". And then you get accused of trolling or derailing the thread by pointing out that what people are saying is insane.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TCD posted:

Option 1) A poo poo ton of JDAMS
Option 2) A ninja raid across the border

I'd like to think there was no option 3.
Edit: I hope in 8 or whatever years we get a memoir of who in the cabinet was for what option.

I want to know what Biden wanted because you know it has to be :krad:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Remember when we had a functioning government? :cripes:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Not being heir apparent means you can go do what you want. Harry don't give a gently caress.

Never say never
\

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

See but this time the heir apparent married a commoner who was not divorced. Less of a scandal for the royal family, not that anybody gives a gently caress after Charles and Diana.

Speaking of Charles it's going to be an awkward moment when everyone patiently waits for him to abdicate after his mom dies.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

BlindSite posted:

9 news are reporting the hostage taker fell asleep. A group of hostages escaped, as a result he began shooting and the police immediately went in.

A 34 year old man is dead from a gunshot wound, a 38 year old woman died in hospital, reportedly from a heart attack.

All the injured have apparently been released from hospital except for two a woman receiving leg surgery and a police officer with pellet wounds to his face.

Fuckin :laffo:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

I feel like Economic warfare, while punishing to Putin is not the kind of thing that will get him to play nice, besides hurting the already pacifistic and non-cooperative Germans.

Nobody knows what he might do if he thinks he's backed into a corner.

Thank you forums poster Frosted Flakes.

The US government and NATO should heed your warnings instead of the thousands of professionals in their employ.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

That looks like an uncut dick with the head sticking out.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Courthouse posted:

Ruble lost as much as 19% of it's value during the day.

Apple has shut down sales in rubels, while it "reviews pricing". Ford is writing down it's Russian assets, McD is raising prices noticeably.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-16/apple-stops-online-sales-in-russia-over-ruble-fluctuations.html

If Putin doesn't pull something out of his hat soon this could all crater real fast. And as much as we might crow about it, that will gently caress several countries in eastern europe and possibly drag the EU back into economic turmoil as they have to be saved. With all the political and social upheaval that brings along.

*citation needed

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Courthouse posted:

No, goddamnit! Cuba was such a sweet place to visit. Now it'll get overrun by loving american tourists and turned into a floridan 1950s themepark. :negative:

Shut up.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

You act like Marco Rubio is going to do anything that isn't going to score him points with Republican primary voters.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mittens the Kitten Tweeted posted:

@SonyPictures don’t cave, fight: release @TheInterview free online globally. Ask viewers for voluntary $5 contribution to fight #Ebola.

https://twitter.com/MittRomney/status/545379913772302336

Is this real life?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Ah yes, reputable news source empire news, thanks for the Facebook post grandma!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

from the russia.jpg thread

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Barry said Sony screwed up by caving to hacker pressure. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

I really don't give a poo poo what Barry has to say on anything anymore.

:nsavince:

• Locked thread