Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Marion Barry, coke using former mayor of DC and personal hero of Rob Ford, dead at 78.

http://us.cnn.com/2014/11/23/us/marion-barry-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
RIP Marion "BITCH SET ME UP!" Barry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This joyful anticipation is really loving creepy.
We've been listening to this gentle giant poo poo for 3 months, some change would be nice.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Booblord Zagats posted:

I swear that GiP is the only forum where people can actually say "oh poo poo, sorry dude, I was wrong" and people act like sensible humans about it.

I love you faggots, each and every one of you.

Also, someone ran over some protesters in Minnesota because apparently the way to be mad about something in Missouri is disrupt traffic in Minneapolis?

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s3631519.shtml
They were quieter up here in my neck of the woods but still held a rally. Apparently Michael Brown is the same thing as when a cop punched some Native American guy out of his wheelchair at the drunk tank a couple years ago. The cop was fired.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

yuck.

I really have zero tolerance for police or prosecutor misconduct.

But there's a big difference between saying "police should be held accountable" with which I agree and "police are never actually in danger in their jobs and so they should have to keep their guns locked in the console" (which someone actually suggested.)

They were also crying about an incident back in January in another part of the metro area where a cop punched a black lady in the face a couple of times. Thing is she was drunk, completely out of control, and had scratched him in the face. They're mad now because he got exonerated, of course charges against her were dropped too but she's still not happy.

My high school sociology teacher started ranting on time about how it's incredibly racist to talk about "those people from Chicago". Well 15. Years ago there wasn't a heroin problem up here and now there is. I'm not against helping people but excuse me if I'm not wholeheartedly for letting just poo poo all over the rest of the community.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Yes. He got spared criminal charges but there's no way he's ever working as a cop again.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BexGu posted:

I actually thing it would be a good through experiment to lay down all the logistics and legality to explain why its a great flash idea but would take a ton of time and money to implement.
A lot of tasers have had cameras in them for years for liability reasons. We might as well put them on guns now so the next time somebody is crying about a cop blowing away their precious innocent baby they can be presented with video of him brandishing a meat cleaver.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Lucas will still find a way to gently caress it up.
Lucas has no involvement. Abrams on the other hand might.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd rather be talking about this than a bunch of idiots putting the torch to their community because that will defeat racism somehow.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Plenty of room for everybody to get their kill-on.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ISIS setting up camps in the Libyan Desert

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Everybody knows OJ and Casey Anthony did it
Only recently have a majority of black Americans accepted that OJ is a murderer.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"as a black man, every interaction i've had with the police has involved a gun pressed against my head"
The kindergarten Q&A with a police officer, gun against my head. #handsupdontshoot #fingerpainting

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One time I was doing 78 in a 65. The cop who pulled me over made me a smore and gave me a blowjob. Actually I had to pay a $200 fine #crimingwhilewhite

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

step one - kill all baby boomers
step two - epic bender
step three - kill all gen x
step four - nuke everything from Egypt to China
step five - epicer bender
Thing is I hate a good portion of my generation and they should die too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It was probably a furry who did it. Trying to outdo that guy who threw himself down a flight of stairs some years back.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

In Iraq I drew a picture of a marine in full ppe saying "Sorry kids, all out of jowlie. TIME TO HAND OUT THE FIVE FIVE SIX" and he was just blasting away.

Dunno where it went. I assume it's in the Marine Corps museum now.

Please recreate this tia.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Did kids get out of finals at a widespread level during Vietnam?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

priznat posted:

Four did in Oh-Hi-Oh
:laugh:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can I seriously get out of class by declaring existential despair?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm sure somebody thought the heatsink thing was a really awesome idea at some point.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Even if a lot of this stuff was already assumed the bad guys will still attempt to get some riots stated, otherwise it's a missed opportunity.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A decision like that reeks more of desperation. Wonder how they factored that into logistics/availability calculations or if they just assumed somebody would modify the fuel tanks.
I don't know much about avionics but it seems like checking how warm fuel got sitting in a tank versus the tolerance of the engines would have been prudent. There really ought to be a career path out there that involves giving common sense advice to engineers to keep them from loving up.

I'm sure somebody wants to make fun of the guy who had the tanks painted white but he wasn't involved with designing, manufacturing, or acquiring the planes. He's probably just a regular dude who wants to get colonels and generals off his back for something that's not his fault.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

I mentioned this in the AI aviation thread, but fuel temo and jet engines has long been an issue for hot weather operations.
The F-35 likely has limitations that place fuel temp below what usually occurs. AWACS crews have canceled flight because of fuel being too hot.
Well there you go. It's not like this was some completely unforeseen issue that jumped out of the bushes and raped their plane.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ManMythLegend posted:

Yeah. Non-engineers are going to hate on it, but it's a rather ingeous work around to save space and weight in an aircraft. The problem is that for tacair planes is that the tanks are so small that they will heat up faster then on bigger airframes where is there is more fuel volume. Honestly, of all the myriad of stupid problems the F-35 has had, this one is relatively minor.
It's a good idea, they just should have used their imagination as far as scenarios that could gently caress things up. In this case it happens to be something that is likely to be a common occurrence.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Despite some attempts to destroy them completely there still are pretty decent safety nets in this country, plus charities. Therefore if I catch you stealing my stuff something bad is going to happen to you because you're not going to have a good enough reason.

I love it when TCC idiots justify stealing because someone is going through withdrawal.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Courthouse posted:

Explaining does not equal Excusing. Although trying to figure out whether the OP or following posters understand the difference is always hard to ascertain, and the threads tend to go to poo poo over it.
Around here it certainly is excusing.

I've got an idea for a safe place heroin addicts can go and get all the free heroin they want, the kicker is that the only way they're allowed to leave is in a body bag.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Legalizing it all will help cull the weak in society anyway.
We'd have to give it to them for free, otherwise they'll pay for it by stealing from regular people who matter.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Why would Charles abdicate?
Nobody likes him.

It's too bad they didn't splatter the guy in Sydney about an hour into the the siege. I suppose they were worried about bombs or something like that though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

How can anything go wrong with advanced Russian tactics such as this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQ7c91b758
Apparently that's actually a Kazachstani Spetznaz team, point still stands though. They should try working cheating at bicycle racing in their too.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

All that chocolate to eat and he fell asleep?!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Shoot up a Starbucks next time, chump.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Courthouse posted:

Surely, this will not somehow end up affecting the western economies in any way.
Anything to help the Russians die out faster.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reestablishing our relationship with Cuba would probably hasten chucking the Castro regime into the garbage.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

lol of course loving Marco Rubio is complaining about it.
Rubio is too stupid to realize that this is the best way to change poo poo in Cuba. Because obviously what we've been doing for 50 years has been working so well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sony pussed out on releasing The Interview.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Somebody is going to poo poo their pants about Kissinger being in there.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've let go of my hate for George Lucas.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

gently caress anybody who cries about background checks. I'm fine with "sane" people owning assault weapons but that ought to be determined before you're allowed to purchase one, or transfer it to your dumbass friend. It's really hard to be on the side of pro-gun people when they go and act like a bunch of douchebags after a mass shooting.

Another contributing factor is that the mental health system in this country is in shambles thanks to Reagan defunding it on the right, and "psychiatric victims" morons on the far left. An elderly lady got stabbed to death in a grocery store here last week by a schizophrenic guy who was in and out of jail on a pretty regular basis. Of course nobody wants to pay for facilities to put people like this so they're either in jail for short periods of time, or walking around on the street ready to go off at any time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've been holding off on getting a conceal and carry license because I don't want to sit in a class alone with these clowns. I figure I'll wait till my brother turns 21 next year so I have someone to go with. Probably won't carry very often either, I haven't had any experiences in the last 5 years where I think having a gun would have done any good.

Now that zombie survival poo poo that's apparently popular these days, that's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Panzeh posted:

The whole truck is a death trap. Even if you wanted to stop and shoot someone up, why would you stay in the truck?
Well obviously you need to modify the giant truck you use to get groceries with armor.

• Locked thread