Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There's infantry, and everything else is support. Heh. :smug:

Get away from my tank, knuckle dragger. Warming yourself up in the exhaust makes you weak.

And gives you cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I've been told that I don't understand how institutional racism works, or the perils of homelessness.

I have a masters in sociology and I worked for a homeless shelter before my current job :wtc:

Cole posted:

You don't have any real life experience though

X your privilege

Street smarts before book smarts nerd.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

The flaw in your reasoning is that internet SJW buzzwords come directly from college social science and philosophy courses.

Well most degree programs come with a diversity requirement so even STEM people are learning the buzzwords in the college classroom. I know enough to use the terms correctly on an internet comedy forum, but it sure as poo poo doesn't make me an expert though.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

gfanikf posted:

A department in Washington was actually planning to use it, but shelved it, after an "anonymous Internet libertarian" made insane amounts of foia requests on I want to say Seattle, that it's costing them a fortune and to the point where even the ACLU isn't defending the guy. So there is alao that, I'll have to find the article.

The FOIA stuff could really easily be used for witch hunt kind of stuff like you said or just abused. What stuff should be view-able, like if a cop gets a personal phone call during his shift can that be viewed during FOIA requests and so on. What if he goes home for lunch? There are some things that need to be ironed out before I feel like it wouldn't be kind of screwing some of the officers.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

ActusRhesus posted:

well, since FOIA is a statutory right, you could always amend your state FOIA laws to exempt the lapel footage. Or just erase all footage at the end of the shift if there are no incidents.

That would do it I guess. This was the kind of stuff one of my cop family members brought up and I agreed with.

Bolow posted:

Lapel cams are a better use of funds then giving them loving MRAPS at least.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
"He ran away and nobody else had shown up yet so I let him go, don't want to risk getting in a fight with a suspect."

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Holy poo poo, they actually think that it makes them better than everyone else.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
How much do LAZORS wear out when you use them? What is the cost per burst, is gunnery training trivially cheap now? Or would it be the capacitors that wear out?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
What kind of options does he have?

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
http://www.wcvb.com/national/isis-governor-of-mosul-killed-in-airstrikes/30398790

Insurgent whack a mole continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Well with 180 rounds it's not really worth much.

• Locked thread