Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
IN THE CASE OF LITTLE BABY JUSTICE, DARREN WILSON, YOU ARE NOT THE FATHER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's truly the most fitting outcome, though

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If we get lucky Shinin' Diamond Joe Biden will run, although honestly I've been hoping after his terms as VP he would go to Vegas and do a stage show where he sings the standards and between songs tells stories of his political adventures to the crowd

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I like to imagine during happier times a couple years ago Biden and Putin doing a duet of "Stuck In The Middle With You" for Ukraine's now deposed former President

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Let me tell you why the burning of businesses that employ local members of the community is A Good Thing...

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I was talking with a friend who is a cop last night and he made the very rational and obvious point that "you have to gently caress up pretty bad to be in a position to be shot by a cop". Pretty sure that someone said that in D&D and was proven to in fact be the literal reincarnation of Adolf Thurmond. That Adolf Thurmond is me, for I am friends with a law enforcer

Happy Thanksgiving friends may everyone get excessively drunk and slam a fat pig :)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

D&D seems like the kind of place where you'd find someone that would argue the state of Israel's actions since it's inception retroactively justifies the Holocaust

I also imagine they have a creed they recite every day before firing up their internet of "I AM A SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR. THE INTERNET IS MY BATTLEFIELD. MY KEYBOARD IS MY KATANA. MY FEDORA SIGNIFIES MY PLACE IN THIS WARRIOR CLASS" before donning their scarf and smashing the proletariat

I meant to type bourgeois but the wires got crossed and well they're retards that are doing more damage to the people they think they're helping so it checks out

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 27, 2014

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Aren't pilots drunk most of the time? Sounds pretty fun. Fly a plane tag strange.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

How much strange did you tag and how drunk were you on average during flights

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Gonna get himself a book deal and on that speaking circuit. Sure only a specific sect of the population will want to hear from him, but they'll be pretty enthusiastic to meet the man himself methinks

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Theoretical physics, so they're well versed in concepts that are heavily imagination and speculation based which should translate well to make believe defense topics such as not letting politicians make combat theater decisions, not handing out inflated defense contracts for stuff we don't need and whether there is a way to avoid dumping another trillion into Iraq. Like theoretical physics I am sure they will rightly conclude that all those things are "not yet possible" but "maybe happening in another dimension"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Stultus Maximus posted:

That's not what theoretical physics means.

well that's loving gay

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Did the SJWs, in their busy body rage over Michael Brown, forget about that 12 year old kid in Cleavland who done got shotted to death already?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Let's just take all that in cash, make a huge pile, let some of Tom Clancy's biggest fans jack off on it then let the afternburner of an A-10 immolate it as it takes off to strafe a wedding instead of training Iraq

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/04/us-usa-arizona-shooting-idUSKCN0JI2C620141204

Phoenix cop shot dead an unarmed black man during a scuffle yesterday. Reports are the dead man was just trying to take his grandmother's pain medication to her and had a bright future ahead of him and was maliciously gunned down solely for the color of his skin. Or he was a drug dealer who fled and resisted arrest and didn't comply with any commands from the officer. Probably the former though, he was black.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

despite what the warrior brigade, social division tries to tell everyone if you are in a position to get shot by the police you have hosed up really, really, really bad several times in a row

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

step one - kill all baby boomers
step two - epic bender
step three - kill all gen x
step four - nuke everything from Egypt to China
step five - epicer bender

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If you aren't willing to chance a world of millenials in exchange for everyone old dead and the Horn of Africa, middle east and Asia being a giant glass parking lot then I don't know what to say man.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Hmmm it's almost as if some of them have had the right ideas all along...makes u think

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Raiders beat the 49ers in Oakland and ended their playoff hopes AND someone gassed the furcon, this has been a pretty good weekend

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Art that doesn't suck donkey dick: that painting of Freddy Merucury, paintings of naked chicks from the 70s, and that badass oil painting of the US commando from Vietnam with an olive bandana and a green face and the sleeveless vest with a ton of dead VC all over and he has his foot up on the pile of dead VC bodies and is lighting a cigarette off the barrel of his M-16

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Courthouse posted:

So apparently they are dropping the big congressional report on CIA clandestine activities during the WoT.

And I don't know how to tell you guys this... but apparently they've been torturing some folks. :ohdear:

GOOD

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Oh poo poo yo', Uncle SKAM is taking out the truth tellers! http://hiphopenquirer.com/another-witness-michael-brown-shooting-death-found-murdered-ferguson/
He was MURDERED, also there's no conclusive evidence he was murdered. And as Ferguson produced such an upstanding young top shotta like Michael Brown no way these kids were involved in anything hosed up their families didn't know about

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Pretty good video response I found on the topic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX5ZRE26YWM

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Sexual Lorax posted:

Pretty good video depiction of where I'm at right now https://vine.co/v/OZ1MTVQ3i1m

agreed, getting fall over in the street drunk is a great way to celebrate our nation's accomplishments such as this one today

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm reading the book "Dirty Wars: The World As A Battlefield" about the GWOT and CIA/SOCOM misadventures, it comes back to lawmakers deciding stuff like "is it legal under US law to drone this foreign combatant designated a terrorist in a sovereign nation?" I will never understand our nation's obsession with justifying poo poo like that as "legal" or "illegal". May Freddie Mercury bless us with total war, namaste.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

I'm just curious how the administration and its supporters are going to condemn John Yoo, etc. When you have Jeh Johnson on your team. I met him. Listening to his excusing the drone policy made me physically ill. Plus he was kind of an rear end.

But, you know...Harvard Law.

I'm just baffled that laws are brought in to the equation in the first place. I understand why it's done, but my brain starts to just shut down when I think about it in depth. If you're using drones to strike people in sovereign countries, sometimes without their permission, how is coming back to "Well it's legal under US law" a valid point, unless US law is "We will do whatever we want whenever to whomever". Which I wish we'd just come out and say instead of all this bullshit rigamarole.

Did Jeh Johnson helpfully explain why it's totally cool to drone to death US citizens? I'm sure he had a good reason.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

The first part (striking people in sovereign countries maybe without the country's permission) has to do with international law/concept of a nation-state; as far as US law is concerned it falls under external armed conflict and as such US law doesn't really give a poo poo about it* as long as you aren't doing way out there poo poo like torture (lol).

The second part (whether or not it is legal to strike those individuals, particularly when it comes to US citizens) has to do with restrictions we choose (in theory) to place on ourselves with regard to how we use armed force as an instrument of state power.

God this poo poo is gay nuke everything

I wish our leaders would just have a press conference on a carrier deck where the President comes out chomping on a cigar and says "gently caress y'all, 'Merica!" then does some bitchin' donuts in a fighter jet and takes off and JDAMs a wedding to clarify our foreign policy to the rest of the world

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 11, 2014

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

Also yeah Jeh Johnson's logic is legitimately scary. Taken to the logical conclusion it basically is "the executive can kill anyone they want, anywhere they want, based on criteria determined solely by the executive without any Congressional oversight; the target having US citizenship changes nothing about this process."

This one always got to me, it's opening the pandoras box of awful stuff. Are there US citizens abroad doing not cool stuff detrimental to our nation? Sure. But fuckin' waxing them, that's the proverbial bridge too far for me. All floods start out small, it's opening the door to progressively worse things and we have to rely on our elected officials not to gently caress up the judgement calls and that right there is a horrible thing. I feel like that video footage of Bush on the links should have an Obama counterpart where he says "Now watch this Predator drone footage"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I can only assume they had to talk him down from driving his Trans-Am through the gates, hoping out and tearing his shirt off and challenging Bin Laden to go one on one, or was he going to show his wives he truly is a total pussy

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Most of GiP would probably have fit in better during the western expansion and Indian wars, especially Shim, even if an officer would've assigned someone to keep an eye on him and his shifty Jewery

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Back in simpler times when the rules of engagement were hide in this bog until the enemy comes through and shoot them all dead and piss on their corpse if you want to, who is going to be able to report and verify it?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

My Grammpy was 3ID and spoke Kraut, Dago and Frog so they put him in the rear to help clean up and translate with all the locals. He brought home a lot of Nazi stuff that he probably wasn't supposed to. Apparently he took an ice pick to the head in a bar fight after the war and was even more hosed up after that, and when you start off 100% Italian you're pretty hosed to begin with. He then went on be an alcoholic who beat his kids in proud Italian American tradition.

In non Grandpa news, Officer Cried During Handgun Qual did NOT make a good shoot in Cleavland http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/12/justice/cleveland-tamir-rice/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Also Greenpeace hosed up the Nunca lines of the hummingbird in Peru, in Greenpeace fashion their statement was backhandedly unapologetic for partially wrecking a world heritage site. gently caress Greenpeace. Recycle those faggots and feed them to hogs on steroids whose waste goes into a local river

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm glad it took only 3 weeks for the city of Cleavland to establish that

holocaust bloopers posted:

Both Grandpa Bloopers fought for the Axis.

Best Grandpa awardee found

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

psydude posted:

A Jeward amongst the noble corps of officers? Haha, surely you speak in jest, good sir.

Excellent comprehension skills demonstrated, showing why our proud Army trusts you with a commission

maffew buildings posted:

even if an officer would've assigned someone to keep an eye on him and his shifty Jewery

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/12/world/meast/isis-justification-female-slaves/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

loving really ISIS? Can we just coordinate with the Kurds, Turks and Iran to drive these fucks into one central place and nuke it yet? I don't want to ruin the surprise of that article, but before you click ask yourself "What do I think the ISIS policy on raping little girls would be?"

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Courthouse posted:

Please tell me this is some anti-ISIS propaganda spinning stories, I'm loving trying to not turn into one of the :sherman: posters. :smith:

I could tell you that, but it would be a lie, and the fact is given what we've seen from ISIS this is completely in their lane for behavior. The world is an awful place, accept in your heart there is only one solution and it involves bukkakeing the world with radiation and flames

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Honestly I am baffled that anyone would say "Tell me this is propaganda, this isn't confirmed by multiple sources is it, this is just a piece to further incite anger against ISIS?" Is your loving head so far up Hamid's sand pounding hole that the response is to try and rationalize away this might not be the truth, because God loving forbid the name of ISIS be dragged through the mud. The group that is on the regular murdering, raping and being reprehensible, the group that has raped God knows how many women and children, killed scores of men for having the audacity to be over the age of 12 and male in a town they just rolled in to, and somebody wants to say "This child raping thing, this is propaganda, right?" If your response to this poo poo is anything other than "gently caress these people, why are we not doing everything to exterminate them" then eat a loving bag of Thai lady boy AIDS dicks. Is child rape the loving bridge to far? loving really?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Courthouse posted:

Also because there was that whole thing about the media reporting ISIS was making female mutilation mandatory in Mosul, which turned out to be not true.
http://gawker.com/experts-say-isiss-female-genital-mutilation-order-is-fa-1610815761

There's no abandoning our humanity to stating "gently caress ISIS, we should exterminate these dudes". They are reprehensible, there's no way around it, and a report or two being false just means that out of the 192 atrocities alleged against them three were incorrect. It'd be great if we could rise above or whatever but as a species we've stacked the deck so goddamn much against ourselves that it's not unreasonable to think "We're hosed beyond repair"

I vote for nuke everything because the Earth has another 4 billion years before the sun goes out and it would only take two million or so for the damage of nukes to repair/make it like we hadn't been here. Give something else a chance to do better than we did, or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Courthouse posted:

Perhaps one day we could even be delivering fiery laser death via remote controlled killer robots, backed by solid legal reasoning with proper documentation, accountability and failsafes. :sun:

Uh did you ask these robots if they wanted to be built and used for this, you're not even giving them a choice. As a trans-droid this post is triggering me, smdh

• Locked thread