Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I was just thinking this morning: The special forces soldiers with huge beards riding around in toyota four-runners guiding airstrikes and blasting isis dudes with the kurds have the coolest loving job on earth right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Generation Internet posted:

The Kurds seem pretty chill from what little I've seen of them. It's no wonder dudes are setting up volunteer brigades Spanish Civil War style when there's a sympathetic faction fighting off hitler-level fucks.

this is real poo poo

I was deployed to western ninewah province and I still have pictures of people standing on the side of the road waving little american flags at us on the road between talafar and sinjar (I wanna say asr santa fe?)

kurds and hebrews rule gently caress p much the whole arab world tho

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Obama Africanus posted:

You would have loved life from 2005 to 2009 if you got the right gig then man. You didn't even need a beret or to pass the Q course to play bearded trigger puller or to be one of their groupies when the wars were desperate enough and we were throwing everything at the wall and calling it special ops or counter terrorism.

Lol this is actually true. I was a supply guy in the Navy, and my first deployment was with a Navy EOD unit doing spec ops poo poo supporting two nat guard ODA's and then as a combat advisor to an ANA kandak. I still can not explain how I ended up in either of those places getting my war on when I literally joined the navy to avoid going to war lmao some folks just lucky, I guess

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

justice4trayvawn posted:

This is a real, actual question....Does that type of smoke make you cough like that or is it like a smoke bomb where you can just stand in it and it doesn't really bother?

Because there are no stupid questions: Have you literally never breathed in smoke before? Is that why you can not comprehend why a smoke grenade would make you cough?

lol CS gas would incur cries of police brutality

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

orange juche posted:

It'll be the GiP Dick Art book version 2.

I'd really love it if it was Dick Art second edition. Print the dick art on the right side, and on the left, a shim post.

The exterior should be simple and tasteful, with a logo that is a star of david made of weed leaves and M4s.

Clearly, I would be willing to buy one of these.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

step one - kill all baby boomers
step two - epic bender
step three - kill all gen x
step four - nuke everything from Egypt to China
step five - epicer bender

Look, I don't wanna get all "hose everything down in nuclear fire," but I think the world would take us a lot more seriously if we like just minorly nuked ISIS or whoever runs their suck at us next. What's wrong with that? We have these things, gently caress it, let's pop one off every once in a while. Then President Obama could go on tv just like Putin and be like, "what, us? No, must have been some other power in the region with nuclear weapons that flattened a shithole syrian city overnight"

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Best Friends posted:

maybe we should look into treating people like people.

ftfy

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

maffew buildings posted:

Someone shot some people in a Portland high school, four injured, but Portland is full of weirdos so gently caress 'em

I visited Portland once. I remarked to a friend later, "I liked it, it seemed like a pretty cool city, except there were homeless junkies weirdos everywhere"
He informed me that I had simply encountered everyday Portland residents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
edit: beaten, there ya go ^
it smells a little like an urban legend to me, but you know, truthy

• Locked thread