Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
My guess is that tilting it would make the 3D look bad since you're looking at it at the ideal angle for the 3D so better to just turn it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't believe what a fantastic name Endless Explosions is. Mods, please change my stupid name to that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The T posted:

Donkey Kong Country 2 proves this one wrong. ;D

You didn't like the rollercoaster levels?

Major_JF
Oct 17, 2008
I am looking for ONLY a yes or no answer. Do collecting all the sun stones unlock anything other than the EX levels?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Yes, definitely.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The key to our hearts is what collecting all the sunstones unlocks.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Challenge: Fight as many mini/bosses as you can without flying or guarding.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!

Major_JF posted:

I am looking for ONLY a yes or no answer. Do collecting all the sun stones unlock anything other than the EX levels?

Yes is the short answer.

Actually, they are required to unlock the boss levels of that world. So collecting a minimum of Sun stones is mandatory.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

"Endless Explosions" sounds more like a level in a Donkey Kong Country game than a world in a Kirby game. Please stay safe, Kirby.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also I actually really love fighting bosses without any power. I always make it a point to fight the final boss of Kirby games without a power if possible.
It felt like a lot of earlier Kirby games had boss fights that were easier to finish without powers than with them. Certainly that was the case in Kirby's Dream Lands 2 and 3, as well as Kirby 64. I guess at some point down the line, HAL thought bosses were meant to be beaten with powers.

D_W posted:

(also how loving charming is Epic Yarn? It's impossible for me to watch that game without having a constant grin since it's so adorable. Yarn Kirby should have been a character in the new Smash.)
Did Epic Yarn get any recognition in Smash 4 in terms of trophies? It's a shame if it didn't, because that game was even more charming than your average Kirby game. Then again, the Metroid Prime series was also similarly overlooked for the new Smash Bros. with trophies and other forms of representation, so it wouldn't be the only criminally overlooked game.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Y-Hat posted:

Did Epic Yarn get any recognition in Smash 4 in terms of trophies? It's a shame if it didn't, because that game was even more charming than your average Kirby game. Then again, the Metroid Prime series was also similarly overlooked for the new Smash Bros. with trophies and other forms of representation, so it wouldn't be the only criminally overlooked game.

A quick search says that no, Epic Yarn didn't get any trophies in either version of Smash 4. But its psuedo-sequel, Yoshi's Wooly World, does get a stage.

Metroid Prime gets off a bit better than it first seems, honestly. Four of Samus' eight alternate costumes are derived from the Prime games, Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy, and Ridley turnsinto Meta-Ridley in the Pyrosphere (at least, he nominally does; he doesn't look like it).

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I was kinda expecting the rival bounty hunters in Prime 3 to get some recognition in the form of trophies, and at least one Prime 3 tune to make it. As it is, it's very heavy on Other M stuff, which is weird considering that not even Nintendo considers it canon.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Y-Hat posted:

I was kinda expecting the rival bounty hunters in Prime 3 to get some recognition in the form of trophies, and at least one Prime 3 tune to make it. As it is, it's very heavy on Other M stuff, which is weird considering that not even Nintendo considers it canon.

I'm pretty sure Other M is canon. Like. I can find no reference to it not being canon online. There are some claims that the Prime trilogy isn't canon, but it's actually just that it's a sidestory and just not connected to the rest of canon. [/derail]

Anyways, I am looking forward to the Endless Explosions. I can only hope they live up to their name and that Kirby gets a good rest at home before taking them on.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
So Coily Rattler is one of two bosses that I really disliked fighting in other modes; specifically I hate how he (and the next boss, without spoiling it) seems to spend quite a bit of time in the background or in other places where it's very hard or impossible to actually hit him. I guess it's kind of a dumb thing to complain about, but it seems like you spend a lot of time during boss fights waiting for your turn to do something.

tinkerttoy
Dec 30, 2013

by XyloJW

DoubleDonut posted:

So Coily Rattler is one of two bosses that I really disliked fighting in other modes; specifically I hate how he (and the next boss, without spoiling it) seems to spend quite a bit of time in the background or in other places where it's very hard or impossible to actually hit him. I guess it's kind of a dumb thing to complain about, but it seems like you spend a lot of time during boss fights waiting for your turn to do something.

The gap in wait times between those two bosses is so wide as to be ludicrous.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Jalathas posted:

I'm pretty sure Other M is canon. Like. I can find no reference to it not being canon online. There are some claims that the Prime trilogy isn't canon, but it's actually just that it's a sidestory and just not connected to the rest of canon. [/derail]

Anyways, I am looking forward to the Endless Explosions. I can only hope they live up to their name and that Kirby gets a good rest at home before taking them on.

He doesn't really mean 'canon' in the terms of 'this happened in the story and these things didn't, he means 'canon' as in 'we actually acknowledge these games exist'. Metroid Prime is a bit of a 'side-story' in terms of the actual Metroid timeline, in that it is very self-contained and doesn't really change anything outside of it. Other M is a bit mroe intertwined with the actual greater story.

But Nintendo have basically started saying 'if another Metroid game were to happen, we'd want it to learn from Metroid Prime'. Smash 4 is basically the only bit that even notes that Other M exists. According to Slowbeef in the Mario Galaxy 2 LP, Youtube content recognition could recognize any Nintendo game on a private video five minutes after it's been uploaded, and even that system refused to acknowledge Other M.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The secret to fighting Coily Rattler is using Archer and treating him like a Megaman Boss. Sliding is really useful.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pyroi posted:

The secret to fighting [any boss] is using Archer.

There you go.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Cleretic posted:

But Nintendo have basically started saying 'if another Metroid game were to happen, we'd want it to learn from Metroid Prime'.

Where!

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Good video game levels? Did someone say sewers? :v:
:tizzy:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cleretic posted:

But Nintendo have basically started saying 'if another Metroid game were to happen, we'd want it to learn from Metroid Prime'. Smash 4 is basically the only bit that even notes that Other M exists. According to Slowbeef in the Mario Galaxy 2 LP, Youtube content recognition could recognize any Nintendo game on a private video five minutes after it's been uploaded, and even that system refused to acknowledge Other M.
:drat:

As for my original point, I think that Nintendo recently called Other M a "reimagining" of the Metroid story.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:

Y-Hat posted:

:drat:

As for my original point, I think that Nintendo recently called Other M a "reimagining" of the Metroid story.

Imagine a Metroid game, but full of babies. Literal babies.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Cheez posted:

Imagine a Metroid game, but full of babies. Literal babies.

Oh my god, that sounds so loving rad. The Binding of Isaac as a 2D platform shooter would rule.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
Next video delayed due to reasons. Please wait patiently for the next video. Also, I need one person to respond with a number: 1, 2, or 3. I only want the first reply. Do not post a number in response after the first reply unless you desire to be given the bad stuff. This will affect the content of the next video, but all planned content will be appearing regardless of the number selected.

You do not want the bad stuff.

dancingbears posted:

Oh my god, that sounds so loving rad. The Binding of Isaac as a 2D platform shooter would rule.

No, it would not. Instead, you could try playing: Kirby

John Liver
May 4, 2009

medibot posted:

Also, I need one person to respond with a number: 1, 2, or 3.

3, please.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
If all content will be posted will we also be getting the bad stuff? Because I don't want it.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

medibot posted:

Next video delayed due to reasons. Please wait patiently for the next video.
It's because of all the explosions isn't it?

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope
It's because of all the explosions.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Don't worry, explosions are an inherently finite resource, they'll stop eventually.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Don't worry, explosions are an inherently finite resource, they'll stop eventually.

Are they? Hear me out, but I heard that in one particular place, you can have all the explosions you want. It's basically Michael Bay's version of Heaven.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

ArcadePark posted:

Are they? Hear me out, but I heard that in one particular place, you can have all the explosions you want. It's basically Michael Bay's version of Heaven.

It's like the explosions are endless or something!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I still can't get over the fact that this is a Kirby world, and not a Donkey Kong Country level. Stop ruining the Kirby brand, Nintendo. Kirby is too serene to enjoy a place called Endless Explosions.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Y-Hat posted:

I still can't get over the fact that this is a Kirby world, and not a Donkey Kong Country level. Stop ruining the Kirby brand, Nintendo. Kirby is too serene to enjoy a place called Endless Explosions.

I can't actually remember when Kirby was supposed to be "serene".

He kinda blew up a part of the moon on his second outing.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Kirby himself is an eldritch abomination. "Serene" is far from what I would use to describe Kirby.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Cleretic posted:

I know someone who would disagree. :torgue:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ArcadePark posted:

Kirby himself is an eldritch abomination. "Serene" is far from what I would use to describe Kirby.
Man, when you think about it, he kinda is. Honestly that's kind of a more accurate description for Donkey Kong, seeing as the only thing that can motivate him into adventure is when someone fucks with his bananas.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

Man, when you think about it, he kinda is. Honestly that's kind of a more accurate description for Donkey Kong, seeing as the only thing that can motivate him into adventure is when someone fucks with his bananas.

No, Donkey Kong is merely a force of nature. He lives and acts by his instincts. He is somewhat destructive, but he mainly uses brute force, which is not too uncommon in nature.

Kirby is an entity that devours any and everything and somehow derive mutations from his actions. It's like Nyarlathotep crossed with Greed from FMA.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

ArcadePark posted:

Kirby is an entity that devours any and everything and somehow derive mutations from his actions. It's like Nyarlathotep crossed with Greed from FMA.

I think you meant Gluttony.
:goonsay:

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Kirby is a precious child who likes to make friends. Some of his friends are delicious, but that is not Kirby's fault.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
It's Kirby canon that every piece of fruit, candy, meat, etc. you see in the game is how Kirby sees tiny humans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Astro Ambulance posted:

I think you meant Gluttony.
:goonsay:

Whoops, my bad. How did I mix up the Cardinal Sin, when it was so obvious?

• Locked thread