Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Top of page, might as well make this comment make sense edit:

Ah. The "I don't like what I'm hearing so I'm going somewhere where I'll hear what I want" approach. Little does Reddit know just what type of lazy animal sperg really is. They will soon learn what money is not a issue and I'm willing to learn really mean with our masterful sperg.

Bajaha fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I need a better name so I stop getting confused with him.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Torn Quad Jones posted:

I swear the only way it could get better is if the new owner fixes everything and ends up with an awesome car simply because he does not have his head firmly up his rear end.

That's not a new owner his name is an abbreviation of Sperglord Firecock lol

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

SperginMcBadposter posted:

That or you could change your av to his old one, slap on a pair of ridiculous pants and start pretending to be him. Come on it'll be hilarious.
(honestly it's not a tough distinction to make, esp considering you've had that av and crewtag for a while and his is a big ol' redtitle)

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

POSITRAC MY NEG DIFF

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

POSITRAC MY NEG DIFF

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
DISC BRAKES.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Why should you change your name? He's the one that sucks.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

quote:

Fair enough. I was thinking that a few people that were talking about it being unsalvageable and unsavable were overexaggerating things a bit.

The ENTIRE underside isn't rusted out, it's mostly just that, uh, frame part right there. The rest of the car is great, except for a nagging electrical issue that continually plagues me where the battery isn't getting any charge, or something is on that is discharging it when the car is off.

Jesus christ sperg, anything can be salvaged and restored if it's worth it OR you have a big enough wallet. You have neither. Jesus christ dude. I had some small sympathy before but that's completely gone now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

quote:

I know a guy that's got a grinder and a welder, once the weather isn't miserable degrees outside, I'll get to this.

Fuckin :lol:

More like he'll get to sitting on his rear end doing nothing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Fuckin :lol:

More like he'll get to sitting on his rear end doing nothing.

I've never hoped so hard for a car crash

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

I would actually love to sperg get his buddies grinder and a welder and go to town on the bottom of his car.

Max awesome if its oxy acetylene welding :haw:

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

slidebite posted:

Jesus christ sperg, anything can be salvaged and restored if it's worth it OR you have a big enough wallet. You have neither.

Emphasis added. In case our advice is being misinterpreted, AI is saying that for you, Sperglord Firecock, it is best for you to sell your rusty 300zx and start off with a car that's more in line with your goals and skill level. People have done full on restorations from what's essentially a VIN plate, as stated anything is technically possible with the right skill set and a willingness to do to the work (or the pockets to pay for it). That being said, in your case it looks like you have neither the skills, nor the motivation, nor the financial stability to actually address the numerous issues a project car like this requires. The rust is just the final nail in the coffin as dealing with it is generally considered a huge pain in the rear end and most likely very expensive, and way beyond your current skill level.

As has been frequently stated in this thread, we have all started somewhere. We all learned how to turn wrenches and swear at stuck bolts at some point, but we were willing to learn and put effort into it. It's why it's a passion for us. You have been spoon fed since the inception of this thread and have just recently discovered the concept of looking underneath your car. You are the physical embodiment of the "lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink" idiom.

If you choose to keep this car, and you continue your behavior as showcased in this thread, I can guarantee this project will fall apart sooner rather than later, to the amusement of those who warned you.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Well, he ran off to Reddit and we were mean so it's not like we'll ever see his couldn't hack it no listening rear end again.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

This is a direct clone of my old Z31 right down to the year and color combination. I would love to own this car because of :memories: but I won't because it's got the cancer. :(
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/beautiful-1985-nissan-300zx/1049086525?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Just let this die. He's obviously trying to sell the car and finally took our advice. See terrible pants in craigslist ad for proof.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
gently caress that, let's run this poo poo into the ground.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Larrymer posted:

Just let this die. He's obviously trying to sell the car and finally took our advice. See terrible pants in craigslist ad for proof.
Yeah other than that reddit thread where he posted less than 2 hours ago his intent to work on the rust.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

slidebite posted:

Jesus christ sperg, anything can be salvaged and restored if it's worth it OR you have a big enough wallet. You have neither. Jesus christ dude. I had some small sympathy before but that's completely gone now.

The followup post is great.

quote:

Money isn't too much of a concern.

Hacking slashing and welding might be, as I don't really know a super lot about doing that, but hey, I've got money coming in, I suppose I can figure it out. I just want to try keeping this car instead of selling it off.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ahaha, did not expect that!

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

I'd vote 5 on this thread for the sheer amount of comedy that ended up coming out of it, but that would mean I support this horrible person and his inability to do even basic maintenance.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Longinus00 posted:

The followup post is great.
Who knew being a porter at Enterprise makes serious bank

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

slidebite posted:

This is a direct clone of my old Z31 right down to the year and color combination. I would love to own this car because of :memories: but I won't because it's got the cancer. :(
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/beautiful-1985-nissan-300zx/1049086525?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That is a lovely Colour scheme.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

slidebite posted:

Yeah other than that reddit thread where he posted less than 2 hours ago his intent to be an utterly useless motherfucker who sponges off every single one of his friends nice enough to take pity on him

Fixed. Like he is going to do a loving single thing on this car. He is going to be That Guy in his circle of friends who never does a god damned thing and everyone else ends up carrying his rear end through everything. There is one in every group and if you don't know who it is, it is you.

I have had to fire people as wrenching buddies because of this. The most extreme example being a guy who asked if we could pull an XJ rear axle at the junkyard next time I was going. That turned into me jacking up the donor, cutting the axle out, dragging it to the side of the row and leaving it there for him to pick up, since he couldn't make it that day.

It was still right where I left it two weeks later, he wanted me to bring it to him after that. It got crushed and I stopped doing a drat thing for him.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

e: oh absolutely, but it goes to show he is still hasn't learned a drat thing.^

That black is actually a super deep blue... Black blue I think it was called and it is a nice color. I am typically not fond of two- tones but it really works with that platinum bottom.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 12, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Larrymer posted:

Yep, same pants.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

"this group of people who tried to help me were too mean to me and didn't tell me what I wanted to hear"

WELP BETTER FIND ANOTHER GROUP

Le Redditte *tips fedora* Would you like to cruise for m'ladys in my vintage 300zx, the factory model code is Fe2O3.

From all the people in AI who have actually busted their asses on cars, eat a dick OP. The fattest one you can find.

Slow is Fast fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 12, 2015

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

He'd need to cut out a rib to do that.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
sperg, fixing frame rust like we've seen in the pictures is among the most difficult/expensive things you could do on a car, and would literally require mastering a trade you don't know poo poo about to fabricate anything remotely safe. that's serious frame rust. that would total cars 50x cooler and more expensive. its sad but true. you would come out ahead taking a $5000 hit and spending another $5000 on another 300zx if you really must have one. ugh gently caress.

we are not just spreading hyperbole or being jerks, it really is that undoable for your skill set. you could buy a real turbo 300zx take a complete hit on the one you have and come out ahead. let alone keeping the rustbox and using it as a parts car. reddit is right, yeah it's technically fixable, but noone said it would be worthwhile to do or even feasably possible for you.

I want to see this thread go places so as long as you keep psoting I'll help you buy a rust free northwest car. gas is cheap and i like visiting my friends in oregon anyways.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Feb 12, 2015

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

My favorite part was him calling it flawless before mentioning the horrid amount of rust it has. Yep, flawless indeed. Shine on you lovely-pants wearing retard

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

HEY VAPER posted:

sperg, fixing frame rust like we've seen in the pictures is among the most difficult/expensive things you could do on a car, and would literally require mastering a trade you don't know poo poo about to fabricate anything remotely safe. that's serious frame rust. that would total cars 50x cooler and more expensive. its sad but true. you would come out ahead taking a $5000 hit and spending another $5000 on another 300zx if you really must have one. ugh gently caress.

we are not just spreading hyperbole or being jerks, it really is that undoable for your skill set. you could buy a real turbo 300zx take a complete hit on the one you have and come out ahead. let alone keeping the rustbox and using it as a parts car. reddit is right, yeah it's technically fixable, but noone said it would be worthwhile to do or even feasably possible for you.

I want to see this thread go places so as long as you keep psoting I'll help you buy a rust free northwest car. gas is cheap and i like visiting my friends in oregon anyways.

Dude, I'm pretty sure he's abandoned this thread and now it's just a repository for poo poo-talk.

I'm ok with that.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HEY VAPER posted:

What is wrong with you dude, you're like the guy that wants to keep helping the stray dog even though it has mauled half your face off.

Give it up.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

Get some rod metal and make a roll cage for those 80 mile per hour cornering ecstasy moments.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Octopus Magic posted:

Get some rod metal and make a roll cage for those 80 mile per hour cornering ecstasy moments.

Eh, pvc pipe should be fine.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Bajaha posted:

Eh, pvc pipe should be fine.

That's for the custom tubular suspension arms.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He should just weld some rebar to the frame rails and put a few coats of Rustoleum on there, BAM brand new frame.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Remove carpet, tekscrew in some checkerplate.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Fiberglass is pretty lightweight, and sports cars are made from it, plus it doesn't rust! It's a win-win-win!

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Bondo would be way easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Rectal Placenta posted:

Bondo would be way easier.

From a guy I knew in the south.

"bondo and paint, make it what it ain't"
:banjo:

version two: grinder and paint, make me the welder I ain't.

• Locked thread