Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACEofsnett
Feb 19, 2007

FILTHY CASUAL | CONSOLE PEASANT

Sushi The Kid posted:

I make 4G54B noises in every vehicle I've owned since my Conquest. Got the compressor surge turkey gobble noise perfected. I even throw in some gear changes even though it was a auto and my matrix is a auto. I do a ok 03-04 cobra impression. 8 years of hour long commutes down a straight highway does things to a man.

I'm guilty of this. Every car I've pretended to drive while it was in the garage sounds exactly like my now crushed NG-900 when I'm behind the wheel sitting still. My E30, my E21, my truck, hell, even my dad's ratrod Chevy II, they all have turbo whoosh, lovely ebay blow off valves and deafening intake / exhaust noise. I'm the human car noise beat box, man.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Are there any threads like this where the OP actually listens and learns? Most project threads don't grab me because they assume that I know what the pictures are pointing out, and I'm a car idiot. This one had potential, but he wants to drive fast and have fixed up a car more than he wants to learn to drive and learn how to fix a car.

We friendly NEAI goons did help an aspiring young autist (through IRC and real life mechanical assistance) through the trials and travails of owning and randomly hacking things off a paseo in sperg-fueled fits of daring-do. In this case, although eventually banned from our IRC channel for continual attention grabbing fits of nutty rage, the young man in question learned from his mistakes and has now offered good advice in this very thread.

Noone is beyond redemption. Well, I mean, Sperglord is. Look at those pants. Seriously.

ACEofsnett fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread