Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I AM getting slightly annoyed at the ever-changing "FIX IT DON'T FIX IT" theme of the thread, though.
OK i'm only going to say this once, but let me lay it out for you.

I also have a Z31, and have had it for the last 6 years/55k miles. I love the car. It's not a turbo, and was mostly unfucked by the two PO's that had it before me. I have done all the work on it myself and consider myself a pretty experienced shadetree mechanic. All that being said, you have no tools or previous working knowledge, run far away. Let me explain:

This is a stack of recepts for about $3-4000 dollars in parts that i've had to replace in the last 6 years to keep the car running. All done by me, no labor cost factored into that. This does not include the wrecked parts car that i also bought to pull parts from if needed.

I'd advise you to sell it, buy a junker car that you don't care about, and ruin that by learning to work on cars. Don't ruin a Z trying to learn to work on cars, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

HotCanadianChick posted:

Pretty sure he's busy trying to tunnel out of the well by digging down.

This is definitely the correct answer

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

kastein posted:

You guys talking about what weather is best for wrenching in this thread is pretty funny really because it doesn't matter if it is 60 degrees and partially sunny and someone's handing him tools, he aint doing dick diddly squat to the car.

Goddamn i love this thread already :munch:

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

I knew this would be a trainwreck when he said he was planning on changing the electric windows to manual because electric was unnecessary or whatever. Let's not mention that manual Windows were only available in base model Canadian cars, haha. Good luck sourcing those
Maybe it's his plan to keep the battery from draining instead of changing the battery cables

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

leica posted:

Im converting my Miata to manual windows for a few reasons, one of them being the power window switches are made out of dog poo poo.
That seems like a legit reason. The Z ones are pretty solid IMO. 6 years almost 60k miles with 0 problems

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

I think this sentiment is wrong. He's not good at cars, but he wants to get good at cars. Buying an interesting beater (i.e. 80s or 90s cheap fast car that isn't a total basket case) makes a lot of sense in this case.

The problem with this post is it took him like a month to change a battery cable.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Dear god this thread is hilarious. OP equates living the American Dream to driving a weaboo Japanese car while wearing stupid loving pants. This is the best thread ever.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

http://www.reddit.com/r/300zx/comments/2vjr2p/whyyyyy_a_story_of_an_awesome_300zx_crippled_by/

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Torn Quad Jones posted:

I swear the only way it could get better is if the new owner fixes everything and ends up with an awesome car simply because he does not have his head firmly up his rear end.

That's not a new owner his name is an abbreviation of Sperglord Firecock lol

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

My favorite part was him calling it flawless before mentioning the horrid amount of rust it has. Yep, flawless indeed. Shine on you lovely-pants wearing retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

SouthsideSaint posted:

Or people from SA post on reddit?

Yeah we all migrated over there to poo poo on him.

• Locked thread