Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sperglord Firecock posted:

As much as everyone is telling me to not do Double Nissan for a beater to drive in winter....

Goddammit, there's a 1987 Nissan Pulsar NX for 1500, and it's bright white and it's calling my name.

You need to get the nastiest Yugo you can find, preferably with Chinese headlight replacements and some rococo cooling setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What, trying to make sure I'm not shifting into first in a way that is grinding up my drivetrain is a dumb thing to do? O.o

Doing sick burnouts near suspected narcotics traffickers isn't a great idea.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit: nope

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

He said something about a girlfriend in town, that's always a harbinger of redirected time, attention, and money. Would like to see what in the name of tools he got over the holidays though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rscott posted:

lol, there is no way that s13 is going to sit for the next 2+ months unless you pay the guy now and go get it later

Even then the guy might pass on garaging an car for an out of state buyer for 2 months in favor of selling to someone who will move it out immediately.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DoubleT2172 posted:

Dear god this thread is hilarious. OP equates living the American Dream to driving a weaboo Japanese car while wearing stupid loving pants. This is the best thread ever.

Definitely an uncommon take on rags to riches, though the monologue is more of a one-percenter kind of thing.

Actually, Hells Angels might be more your speed and they've had a charter in Chicago for over 20 years. Roll down to the clubhouse and tell them Sonny sent you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Quite honestly, a lot of people have the wrong idea, and lemme clear this up.

Euphoria is experienced most firmly at the state of a curve at 80+mph and you don't know if you're gonna end up at the end of the turn safe or not.

The Foxbody Mustangs are neat, and lemme make this clear, very very neat, but I dunno how they handle on a high speed curve without for sure spinning out and killing me.

As much as you might recommend me a nice neat Honda Civic or a Saturn Shitbody (I dunno), I really don't want any of those. I want something that is a bad decision that I can drive like a madman and swing around corners, because I know for a fact that the next 20+ years of my life is gonna be a miserable experience of marriage, dealing with it, and loving about with silly cars whose handling I am going to hate and am going to wish was better just for the sake of getting around a corner at 60+mph. I know what I am getting into, because I expect having a silly car project for the rest of my life. Because if I accepted anything else, I'd be selling myself short. I know that I can handle getting a solid car up and running around spring time, and if any of you have any doubts as to that, shove it up your drat arse.

I want a bad decision now so I don't make one later when I want to go fast and I don't know how much work goes into it.

lol

Seriously, if the Angels won't take you try the Bandidos or the Pagans.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jan 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I like how the top comment on his Reddit post is about pissing in a well.

Did they steal that from us, or is it another case of SA assuming we invented something that was already prior art?

The Goon in a well post is from June 2006 (archives needed) so it's probably imported from here. Reddit had been around for less than a year at that point.

• Locked thread