Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Sperglord Firecock posted:

The only issue is, again, mandatory insurance, which can result in a pretty hefty fine if I don't have insurance and I get into a crash. And if I do get insurance, that's an extra 300 for 6 months of insurance for it.

That's not a good thing.

Look into a crown vic. They are dirt cheap to insure, body on frame, RWD, and most importantly, they are so god drat common, the car and the parts are dirt cheap. Quite a few goons own them, and other than mediocre to poor gas mileage, they are nothing short of solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Toyota Echo's are also dead rear end reliable and lump into that "feed it gas and change the oil" category.

Boring beaters are never a bad thing. Or you could do it my way and rely on a variety of British cars.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Viggen posted:

How much longer until we start pissing in the well?

Piss has happened, I'm waiting for the poo poo.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Lightbulb Out posted:

Reading this thread makes me feel better about myself and my life decisions.

I mean, I willingly buy British cars and still have made less terrible choices than the op. That's pretty bad.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
P38 range rover.

That's horror.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
The 94-00 mustang gts are going for peanuts right now. Seriously a decent one is going for 3-5k, plenty fast, and the 94-95 came with the 5.slow and the later models had the 4.6.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

HotCanadianChick posted:

The autocrosses here were dominated for a long time by a guy in a stock Dodge Omni GLH-S.

loving Omni's are a blast. I never did experience the GLH models, but my buddy had one in high school and it was an absolute blast to hoon around in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
From what I know, they were pretty tunable. Nothing exciting, but it was a fairly lightweight car.

I have always wanted a Spirit R/T, the Turbo 3 was a kick rear end motor.

• Locked thread