Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Oh hell yes, I can't wait to see what shenanigans you get up to with this thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Sperglord Firecock posted:

In order to be appropriately Engrish, it needs to be the Nissan Fight! Blazing Cock X!

License plate: GNRLTSO

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Learning manual progress is getting easier, less thunking and anger whenever I shift into first. Might try taking it onto the highway later on. Haven't dealt with stop-and-go traffic yet.

You know not to try putting it into first until you're completely stopped, right? :ohdear: Your 1st gear synchros will thank me.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Well, yeah?

I mean, you shouldn't shift into first gear while you're coasting with the clutch pushed in all the way and beginning to go to a stop?

Is that what you mean?

Pretty much, yeah. If you're below, say, 3mph or something it's probably ok, but generally it's better to just leave it in neutral with the clutch out until you're read to start moving again.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Get a beat up, rusty old Subaru and come join us in PainTown Happyland :v:

No seriously, get a lovely old subaru and flog that bitch in the winter until it blows away in the spring breeze, rinse, repeat. Save the nice car for sunshine.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

In other news, I think I found my winter beater car. It's a 1980 Nissan 300X for about 800 bucks.

never mind rabbit doesn't have gauge cluster

So you are going to put away your old, temperamental Nissan 300ZX for the winter and buy a...even older Nissan 300ZX? :laugh:

Dis gon' be good

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Wait are we still at the "replace the battery cables" stage in this thread? Really?

really?!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
This thread is 22 goddamn pages long and the OP hasn't even done the first task set to him. Other posters here have threads that aren't even half that length yet have managed to accomplish 100x more on their vehicles.

Do you like getting pissed on, dude? We all had to start somewhere, but that's the key: we loving started. I still have a nice scar on one of my knuckles from my first day of car ownership, because the wrench slipped while I was replacing the...*gasp*...battery cables! I know it's cold or whatever, but last winter I replaced the entire engine in a car, in a lean-to with a dirt floor and no walls, with a basic set of hand tools and a lot of anger.

You need to get angry; at us for giving you endless poo poo (and, let's be honest, endless patience as well), at the car, at yourself for getting into this situation in the first place. Use that anger to keep you warm while you stumble through your first auto repair. You'll feel great about yourself afterwards, and you might even be able to actually enjoy your awesome 80s car.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Bajaha posted:

Who are we kidding, if sperg had a factory turbo car we'd still be at the same stage. At least we can take a little bit of solace that he didn't get his lazy hands on a factory turbo model and let it die by apathy.

Sperg, what have you done exactly on the car since the inception of this thread? Oil change at least, maybe?

I think he put gas in it, once, and I'm not even sure about that.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Welp

OP, you're a loving idiot. I wish you luck in swindling some other poor clueless bastard out of far too much money for that barely polished turd, and in your inevitable high-speed collision with a tree. I wonder if they'll bury you in those ridiculous clown pants. "A suit is just far too dignified for this jackass, even in death", the funeral director will tell your sad, but oddly relieved parents, and they'll silently agree.

*unzips fly*

*splashing sounds emanate from the dark hole the OP has excavated*

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fart Pipe posted:

If you havent done this exact thing in one of your project cars then you have no soul and should leave AI right now.

Yup

That dude is a pro at it too, got his downshifting frenzy down and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

POSITRAC MY NEG DIFF

• Locked thread