Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing will destroy a vehicle faster than road salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm unsure as to why Nissan never equipped North American Z31s with Anti-Lock brakes, even though it was available at launch in Japan from 1983, and also in Europe.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Track day or Autocross man.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Give your money to me.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
:psyduck:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sell the car as is, because at this point it will never run properly again. In addition, I had always suspected it of being a non-factory Turbo car, but wouldn't the Manual Climate Controls and Analog Dash give that away immediately? Aside from the Shiro editions I thought all Z31 Turbos came that way...

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 15, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I still cannot believe somebody would backyard convert a car that came Turbocharged from the factory already.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bajaha posted:

Low blow man... Low blow. :smith:

Sorry. I would imagine you know what you're doing however.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DoubleT2172 posted:

I knew this would be a trainwreck when he said he was planning on changing the electric windows to manual because electric was unnecessary or whatever. Let's not mention that manual Windows were only available in base model Canadian cars, haha. Good luck sourcing those
Maybe it's his plan to keep the battery from draining instead of changing the battery cables

I have seen my fair share of Z31s (I'm Canadian), but never have seen one that did not have power windows. I do know they were theoretically available. I prefer power windows to non power windows in a street car though.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Extra posted:

What do you think an 80s corolla will do you for you that a miata won't other than anime?

To be fair there are Miatas in Initial D as well. This guy should probably buy 1 of the following though;

1. Some boat with a 3800 (Conversely one of the F-body 3800s, they came available with Manual Transmissions)
2. Civrolltegrage, because those have Manual transmissions as well.
3. Camry, Accord.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Pretty much having a trunk.

Good news, the Miata has one of those.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Miata is actually decently practical and can be a good DD.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HEY VAPER posted:

Don't buy a starion, I can't think of a car with more turbo lag and a more underwhelming delivery. I had a starion phase for a while and I'm telling you: don't do it, they're slow as poo poo and a lot of work. Super cool looking cars though.

Yeah don't listen to this guy. Prelude? Is300? Teggys? a loving Ford Probe? There's no way this can be a real serious post.

Uhhhh, what's wrong with Integras? If you want a cheap to run reliable car that can still fit 4-5 people* and has reasonable space but is also a decent performer you could do a lot worse than a RS, LS, or LS Special 3rd gen Integra or a Second gen RS/LS/GS.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jan 24, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to be the wet blanket and just say this: it is a stupid Idea to drive to the West Coast to buy a car if you are not financially stable. Source something locally, I live in Salt World and I was able to find a mostly rust free stock Integra with a Manual transmission, you just have to look. Buy something inexpensive, local, cheap to run, easy to repair, and reliable. Something like a low-powered coupe or sedan to learn Manual on. You should be looking at Civics, Proteges, basic Celicas, Miatas, etc., not 1985 Isuzu Impulses or Opel GTs in loving Anaheim.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

track day bro! posted:

The op is a retard, this is coming from somebody who has spent way too much on 20 year old japanese turbocharged shitboxes.

I'm guilty of this as well (mine don't have turbos though) :downs::hf::downs:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

Leave Initial D out of it dammit.

I enjoy the D and I don't care who knows. It's entertaining.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Naturally Selected posted:

Judging by the spergposts that followed, replace initial D with some kind of hosed up chevy/ford/GM commercial fever-dream that somehow ended up being for a japanese car, and it is oddly prophetic.

Seriously I'm like 99% sure that those lines were used at least once in some "i ain't driving no jap-o-neez econobox GIMME DAT MURRICAH MUSCLE" tv spot.

Yeah I really don't think an 80s Foxbody or 3rd Gen F-body or electrical nightmare C4 Corvette is going to be any easier for this doofus to wrench on or any more reliable.

That being said, he could learn how to corner in a powerless cheap shitbox by going to autocrosses or doing HPDE/Track days.

track day bro! posted:

I prefer Wangan Midnight

It's cool but pretty different, IMO.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 25, 2015

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Mostly because I like the act of going around corners and making them super tight rather than just going fast. I like handling more than just straight top speed. I dunno if this is true or not, but it seems to me that the vast majority of American cars have poo poo handling, and can't get around a corner to save their lives.

How did I miss this? You know what a Corvette is right?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A 240SX with the horrible truck engine also would have been a better choice. As for the OP in general, it's hard to believe people like him exist, unless this is an elaborate ruse by sigtrap.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
:wth: A running '89 7-series?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
DISC BRAKES.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

slidebite posted:

This is a direct clone of my old Z31 right down to the year and color combination. I would love to own this car because of :memories: but I won't because it's got the cancer. :(
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/beautiful-1985-nissan-300zx/1049086525?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

That is a lovely Colour scheme.

• Locked thread