Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
It's possible that this car will teach you, through pain and heartache, to hate Nissan.

If I have any advice I'd say just keep reading and take your time with the changes you make so that it's done as well as possible. Don't hesitate to get help unless you're ok ruining this car. And I say this as someone that ruined a few in my late teens/early twenties.

In regards to driving in the snow and salt, these cars aren't very common in part because they tend to dissolve when exposed to salt. If this car legitimately doesn't already have holes in frame and/or body it's probably because the previous owners DIDN'T drive it in winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Adiabatic posted:

We want to help, but you have to do some loving leg work or we're just going to berate the poo poo out of you.

I LOVE that Adiabatic has gone from the Evo ordeal to be something of a standard bearer for how to do AI right. It's as good as how UF now has a successful money making job. And this phrase above, frankly, should be the AI tagline. In fact it'd make a great custom title too.

Sperg, a big reason a lot of us get so worked up about this stuff is because most, if not all of us, have at some point blown shitloads of money on crapcans we loved that weren't any better for it at the end. For me it was an '85 4Runner that was amazing until it developed an electric gremlin that I spent way too much time and money on trying to fix it before it finally broke my spirit and I got rid of it because at the time I was 22, lived in an apartment, and couldn't afford two cars. The knowledge and ideas shared above just since your last post are great though, and can help get you on the right track.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Correction: I now have a job.

Congrats, I think. :)

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

When you post it makes me want to say mean things to you. Meaner than is what is already being said in your well deserved custom title.

Mat_Drinks fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 3, 2015

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Or his fan that he 'fixed' with WD-40 poo poo the bed and he doesn't have a computer to access the Internet with anymore.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

A few weeks ago I had a really long post written up about how over a decade ago I was a stupid kid and did stupid poo poo to one of my first cars. It was going to be my attempt to relate to you and maybe help you a bit as so many goons have tried to in this thread, thinking maybe I'd be the one whose light would shine through the clouds of stupidity that hang over your head.

But then, as I was about to post you posted again and it annoyed me so much I deleted everything I had written and bought you a custom title.

Since then, every time you post and I read the part about the hoods pins I giggle like a little kid. I want Leica and the other goons to be able to laugh too though because that's what this thread is now, it's a circus and you've turned yourself into the act.

I'm being mean and a bunch of us are being mean. Heck, I was going to say even more mean things, but that doesn't do anyone any good. You really should just stop posting for a while and close the thread, because at this point it doesn't seem like anything good will come of this. And after some time has passed and you've sorted out your demons you can come back and try posting again. People, including myself, will probably haze you a bit for your past discretions, but if you don't fall back into it we'll forget soon enough and then people will simply chuckle about that ol' young Sperglord before he got his poo poo together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

Battery cable.
Why do you elude me so?
Mod please close this thread.

• Locked thread