Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I just finished reading all the posts in this thread, and the massive amounts of schadenfreude of everything in this thread, from wanting to convert power windows to manual, to the show-off nature, to the lack of knowledge is just what I needed to un-bummer my holiday season.

Thank you, Sperglord Firecock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

That's because WD40 isn't a lubricant.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I suggest you use that big Navy money for a car that isn't a 1986 poorly turbo'd 300ZX

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

BUY MY DSM

You can undo all the money I threw at the car to fix the bullshit and drive it through the winter, rust out the sills + coilovers, and learn all about real turbo tooning!

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

You know jack and dick about cars.

Buy a loving toaster car and play some Gran Turismo.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Forget it, actually you really need to buy a '93 RX-7.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

leica posted:

This thread is such a cluster gently caress. The op should not be driving anything other than an appliance because he's not good at cars.

C5 Corvette

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

I think this sentiment is wrong. He's not good at cars, but he wants to get good at cars. Buying an interesting beater (i.e. 80s or 90s cheap fast car that isn't a total basket case) makes a lot of sense in this case.

No, he should make some friends with people who work on their own cars and not work on his own primary transport vehicle.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I can't take it anymore

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

gently caress that, let's run this poo poo into the ground.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Get some rod metal and make a roll cage for those 80 mile per hour cornering ecstasy moments.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

Bajaha posted:

Eh, pvc pipe should be fine.

That's for the custom tubular suspension arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

*takes out a short term 5k loan to fix a 30 year old car*

• Locked thread