Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I'm up in Lake County by the border if you ever get this far north. Hit me up and we'll go gently caress around. I don't know poo poo about 80's Nissans, but I've got tools if you need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
From what I found on Tire Rack, it looks like you can get snows for this thing for around $90 per corner. I'd suggest finding some steel wheels and getting some tires if you're really going to drive this thing this winter. You will be incredibly frustrated and ulcer-ridden come March if you don't. There's a salvage yard up north here with an 84 and an 88 300zx if there are any little pieces that you need or what. It's also not a bad opportunity to just get in there and see how poo poo's put together.

I've been driving RWD cars in Illinois winters for going on 13 years, so the offer still stands if you want to drag it up to Lake County and gently caress around.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
POST PICTURES. People are trying to help you, but they have no good info. Pictures will help tremendously in figuring this poo poo out.

Otherwise, people are going to start peeing in the well.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

rscott posted:

I would totally rather work on a car when it's 95f out than when it's 5f out, cold makes everything brittle and lovely and every single whack on your hands hurts 3 times as much and you can't do anything precise because you're shivering

gently caress that poo poo unless you really have to

Yeah, pretty much this. I'll happily go work and watch the sweat drip off my nose. It takes some serious motivation to go out to a frozen-rear end garage. The air is cold, the tools are cold, the parts are cold, fingers are weaker and slip off tools, hands blast off hard surfaces and hurt like poo poo, etc. I do have a (very) small ceramic heater that helps if I blast it right at myself, but cold garages generally suck.

Edit: Yeah, also that. VVV

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jan 6, 2015

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Crustashio posted:

Don't waste the owners time when you don't have money? It's loving annoying.

This poo poo right here. "Couldn't get the money together." Get hosed.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

leica posted:

The worst is when they spend an hour looking over the car and you find out they dont actually have any money, then you start to seriously consider murder as an option.

Luckily I wasn't trying to sell a car, but it was several hundreds of dollars of parts. Had a date and location all set and then he texts me day of with that bullshit.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
:allears: What an adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

HEY VAPER posted:

sperg, fixing frame rust like we've seen in the pictures is among the most difficult/expensive things you could do on a car, and would literally require mastering a trade you don't know poo poo about to fabricate anything remotely safe. that's serious frame rust. that would total cars 50x cooler and more expensive. its sad but true. you would come out ahead taking a $5000 hit and spending another $5000 on another 300zx if you really must have one. ugh gently caress.

we are not just spreading hyperbole or being jerks, it really is that undoable for your skill set. you could buy a real turbo 300zx take a complete hit on the one you have and come out ahead. let alone keeping the rustbox and using it as a parts car. reddit is right, yeah it's technically fixable, but noone said it would be worthwhile to do or even feasably possible for you.

I want to see this thread go places so as long as you keep psoting I'll help you buy a rust free northwest car. gas is cheap and i like visiting my friends in oregon anyways.

Dude, I'm pretty sure he's abandoned this thread and now it's just a repository for poo poo-talk.

I'm ok with that.

• Locked thread