Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

There's this one episode of some show that I remember watching in the 90's that no one else seems to remember. It might have been a one-off PBS special or something. The show was about this woman who wanted to get her black cat taxidermized but didn't want to just have a stuffed cat, so she took it to a taxidermist and described the cat's personality to them. After the discussion, the taxidermist took the cat and did the wildest poo poo to it. The cat ended up being mounted to a base so it could stand on it's hind legs, wielding a staff in one paw and dressed in a long black dress. It was all capped off with a crawn of twigs that were woven into a circle. It looked like the most bizarre witch.

When the woman got the cat back and she absolutely loved it. I remember her saying something to the effect of "This was her personality. You've captured her essence."

This one episode of whatever show has lived rent free in my head for decades and people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them about it. Anyone else remember this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I think this is the better late-90s cgi-filled music video:

https://youtu.be/hUxN0K1ykNo

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I had one of these watches as a kid, and I loved it. You'd press one of the face buttons after asking a question, and it would display an answer after a little bit. Basically, it was just a magic eight ball in watch form, but it made me king of the playground for a while.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I remember the days when there were entire services that would just text you a joke of the day or something similar for a monthly fee. Just insane to think about now, but they were so popular that there were tv ads for them.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

I remember the hysteria around Y2K being completely wild. It seemed like everyone who had a theory, no matter how out there, was given equal representation in people's heads. My dad thought that the family computer would literally self-destruct because it would think the date was 1900 instead of 2000 and computers didn't exist back then! This paradox would overload the computer or something, so he put the computer outside in case it exploded when the new year rolled around.