Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I still regret never trying Orbitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I always wonder how poo poo like this catches on. I remember this from well before most people having the internet but it seems like a common touchstone for everyone at around the same time. I don't remember television commercials for this or anything. I don't even remember them having a name.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 12:10 on May 24, 2020

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I'd rather kids learn a harmless craft from their mom that you can teach your friends rather than, say, racism. Unless you work racism into your scoubidou. That's no good.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I should watch Tombstone.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

There could be a whole thread about video card boxes.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Pastry of the Year posted:

I am gonna check out Hypnospace Outlaw. Meanwhile:

https://www.oocities.org/hollywood/set/9540/

THank God this is preserved.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I can't look at the pod racer onscreen as anything but 2 human legs, splayed out, joined by a chain at the ankles.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

These bead necklaces will always be the most late-90s/2000s things for me.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

minato posted:

didn't someone here have a story about how a cop handed around 2 joints to a classroom so everyone knew what they looked like, and made it very clear that if he didn't get them back there'd be hell to pay. When he got them back there were 3.

This sounds like a ploy the D.A.R.E. cop would pull at every school just to make parents and the school go in an anti-drug panic.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I never could stand Saved by the Bell. A Different World, however, was great. :hmmyes:

Anything with Sinbad in it belongs in this thread.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Also it has "Space" in the name so it's obviously the future.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

This thread is now for posting your local Wendy's sun room and I'm here for it.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gonz posted:

God help the person who didn’t fully secure their CRT monitor when using one of these:

Computer set ups like this just always looked like the most uncomfortable and cumbersome way to use a computer to me.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Whenever I see this, I can't help but think about skipping pep rallies and lunch to play emulators on the school computers.

I used to think the mouse cursor in Nesticle was a dick (a dismembered member) way back when.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 07:15 on Jul 11, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

mactheknife posted:

when i was like 12 years old george lowe was on a radio show my mom used to listen to, in character, taking calls. i called in and they put me on because i was a kid and i just poo poo myself and weakly tried to repeat a bit from the show with him. massive, massive regret that i will die upset about.

Haha, you just unlocked a memory I had of my dad and I calling Art Bell's Coast to Coast AM radio show in the late 90s or early 2000s. When we got on live during an open lines night, we just froze up and said something really stupid about bigfoot. We also both kept calling him his full name of "Art Bell" every time we said something to him. It was awkward as hell.

Our recording still lives on as it's all archived on the website. It was when I had a subscription to it 12 years ago or so and somehow managed to find it, anyway.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Aug 23, 2022

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

EDIT:
I probably missed so many stinger scenes because as soon as the credits started, my dad would stop the movie and pop it into the rewinder.

That rewinder better have been shaped like a car.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Surf Ninjas was very influential

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I never had one but I always liked the look of the balls.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I didn't like Beavis and Butthead Do America that much but the animation when they are tripping out in the desert whips rear end.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

Remember the pencils that were a series of just tips on a tube, and when it went too dull, you'll pull it out, and then slide it back into the top of the pencil to "load" the next tip?

Looks like they still sell them:

I was thinking of these just the other day trying to tell someone about them but I couldn't think of a good name to call them. "Stackable" for some reason did not enter my head. I kept calling them conveyor pencils.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Wayne Knight posted:

Mirado Black Warrior

Was just gonna post this lol

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Those Zebra mechanical pencils with the microscopic erasers were hot trash.

The antitheses of those were the standalone Pentel click erasers. Love those. I would post pics but i can't on imgur on mobile for some reason

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 11:44 on Apr 11, 2023

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

If only you could use images as thread titles. Old Pizza Hut logo, Nickelodeon, 2 forms of slime, that lettering of "magazine." It's got it all

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Entertainment centers as pieces of furniture really are completely gone, aren't they? Gone the way of the wardrobe.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That reminds me that I never got to try Orbitz soda. :(

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Didn't Trapper Keepers come back?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Gonz posted:

One of GOAT snack foods.

After Keebler was broken up in the late 90’s, they were discontinued.

These loving ruled. Used to get them at the Dollar Tree

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I remember going to the store trying to find "Jello Jigglers" and never seeing anything but regular Jello. I didn't realize much later that it wasn't a separate product and just a firmer set Jello that you make by using less water. I can't stand goopy Jello so I had just always made it like that. The Jiggler was always with me as it turns out.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

sock it to me! posted:

For the people reminiscing about old school weather channel, check out RetroWeatherChannel on twitch. It just streams old weather channel all day, music included. Don't miss local on the 8's!

If I showed my dad this, it would be all he watched I think.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I can still taste the plastic that those cups were made of.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I had a similar board game called The Grape Escape where you used molds to make little grape dudes out of play-doh and squished them in traps. Much like Mouse Trap, I never played the actual game.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

All these board game posts make me wanna rewatch AVGN's Board James.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

Whenever I rented Blank Slate from Dana Carvey on VHS it opened with like a 10 minute ad for big dogs. I finally went to a big dogs outlet store to make an ironic hipster purchase in 2004 and uh…all the poo poo was like $30 t shirts and gently caress that.

Dana Carvey personally loaned you VHS tapes?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

It felt like every one at my school owned a Fudpucker's shirt. Those should've been banned just on the basis of being from Florida.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Yeah I loved MadTV back in the day but it's aged absolutely dreadfully and was not even good then and I was just easily amused.

There's a collection of decades of MAD magazine on DVD I got from a Software, Etc that I load up and look through an issue or 2 every so often. It's also available on archive.org if anyone is interested.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

It's directly across a Mexican grill so it's close

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Ghost Cactus posted:

I had this! My mother was so disgusted that someone had given it to me that I was only permitted to use it in the basement. I also wasn’t allowed candy so I mostly just ate the powders, like a little gremlin, in the basement. The kit got so mouldy down there that I think I had to throw it all out after like a month.

I had the 90s versions of these (or the 80s versions). I remember them being browner/oranger. Might have been the radio shack versions.

Played with those a lot.

I had one of these from Radioshack and loving loved it. A few years ago I wanted to buy one as a gift for a cousin's young'n and found out that they are not made anymore. :(

I still believe that these are one of the loving coolest and most educational toys of all time.

v-- I'll have to remember this for upcoming Christmas.

Unperson_47 has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Sep 3, 2023

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I was watching old training videos on youtube and came across what is probably one of the most 90s things ever

https://youtu.be/MbVDQKcxg00?si=oxsoV6OjP-Np-kPm

Its dated and cringy as hell, but you know what, i bet that helped wendy's employees remember the method for cooking the burger patties.

That dude said the cheese would ruin the chili. That's some horseshit

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I loving loved Two Stupid Dogs so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Are book covers even still a thing? I remember kids collecting and trading them when I was in school. I only ever had these really plain blue and white (or maybe it was black and white) ones or some that were brown paper bag type material.