Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I recall something similar in an episode of South Park.

It was the sea-monkey episode called "The Simpsons Already Did It" in Season 6. Cartman gets semen (he doesn't know it's semen) from a homeless guy, but the line of dialogue is "I just had to close my eyes and suck it out of a hose."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Jim Varney, Comedian of my childhood.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZC14BNLXZE

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
http://niggertreat.ytmnd.com/

Looking back at it, this seems so obvious.

But honestly Nickelodeon owned in the 90s.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Dandy Warhols own.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Does anyone remember another Nickelodeon short that was animated? It had a guy that was like a stick figure, and he was in a box and there were all these contraptions on/around the box. He walked around in this box and all you could see were his legs and arms I think and maybe an eye. What the gently caress was that? This might have actually been an 80's thing that bled into the 90's now that I think about it. I seem to recall it with "You can't do that on Television".

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

BobbyDrake posted:

Jimmy the Cab Driver shorts on MTV. Donal Logue as Jimmy, who apparently has nothing better to do than watch MTV during his time off. Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t9z9goCWgc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkdY4VwAE5g

The fact that this isn't somehow Donal Logue or Peter Sarsgaard makes me angry for some reason.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Super Waffle posted:

I remember trying to install Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (which was pretty much a pallet swap of AoE2). It required a minimum of 32 megs of RAM, I only had 24 :smith:

Wait, how is this possible? I seem to remember RAM sticks (almost?) always needing to be in even numbers on the motherboard to be recognized--not to mention they had to be the same size stick or risk problems. I feel like I learned this mistake the hard way when I bought an extra stick of RAM and the computer never recognized it on boot, thus requiring me to return it after I found out I had to get a stick identical to the one already on my mobo.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
poo poo's been under construction for a long rear end time. Get a handle on your priorities, Dave! Even Duke Nukem Forever finally came out.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I remember 8 September 2001. It was a pretty nice day. Cool in the morning, but still warm and sunny over all.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
If you look at 9/11 using day/month system like Europe it is 9 November and you clearly said September so try again.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
What do you mean stopped having fun? Getting a handbeezy in Ibiza sounds fun to me.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Just because as an American all I kept doing was try to find some dystopian real-world connection to this very relevant intro:

https://youtu.be/GqQjpTbHR0A

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
The arch deluxe was like getting a #1 from Wendy's if I recall except a round patty.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I legit miss rain every time I go to a drink store. Drank the poo poo out of it in college.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Yes, it was so bad

You loving take that back. star Wars CCG owned and if it wasn’t for an absolutely convoluted battle/attrition scheme this game had serious legs.

I say this as a clearly unbiased person who doesn’t still have all of his collection from the Premier release to The Second Anthology and special edition :colbert:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Late response re: 90’s action flicks but I like to think Face-Off, Con-Air, and The Rock are in the same universe and if you watch them in the order I listed it all works.

If you just take The Rock as being “some time in the future” and Connery is an older Cage it really works.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Jun 19, 2018

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I like the gold badges on cars with that also very 90's dark metallic green color. Toyota did it best.

Best example I can find at the moment...

Uh that’s emerald and my first car, a ‘94 Nissan Altima, would like to have a word with you. :goonsay:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Twitch posted:

The "For Dummies" books generally seemed to be written well enough, but whenever I bought one to learn about something tech-related, it was always out of date to the point of being less useful than just looking stuff up online.

Then I guess you weren’t a dummy after all :cool:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Not nineties but serialized TV and prestige shows chat: Battlestar Galactica (reimagined) was ruined prematurely thanks to season 3 producers and the writers strike going into season 4. If that show could have been on HBO it would have been historic I say!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Hi a few pages late but Cobain very clearly and admittedly wanted more money so he could be more of a junky and afford his heroine. Watch Montage of Heck and you’ll see pretty much everyone comments on how all he really wanted was to be a junky with that money. Watch it also because it is a really good documentary.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I just mentioned to my wife how I remember and miss Pizza Hut birthday parties.

I probably spent a few days worth of time added up. Their loving ice was the best and that arcade attached was bomb.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
This is a good opportunity to point out that big Tool fans are insufferable.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Jack Black was also in the X-Filed Season 3 episode D.P.O., which incidentally is one of my favorite X-Files episode, AND contains Giovanni Ribisi, AND a prominent use of 90s alternative and grunge in the soundtrack to include Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot featured front and center in what feels like 75% of the episode.

If you have’t watched it, do so.

Additionally: this episode is hella 90s because it also includes an arcade as a main backdrop in the story. Though arcards aren't a 90s thing, the 90s did give the last gasps of the arcade as we knew it before the 2000s, mmos, and the internet totally killed them.

dialhforhero has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Nov 25, 2018

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Seven Mary Three and Creed are basically Pearl Jam for frat boys.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Nickelodeon probably
Had a lot to do with the while grossness popularity, what with sowing the seeds in the 80s with You Can’t Do That on Television. By the 90s every show had to have boogers and barf and farts even if it wasn’t necessary because at that point it was literally the identity of Nickelodeon.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
MMmmmmmmmmmm yes gently caress symmetry, uniform fonts and sizes, and color balance. Inject that 90s aesthetic right into my loving veins.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Imagined posted:

Ava was one of those albums you'd always find ten copies of in the bargain bin next to Spin Doctors and Chumbawumba.

Edit: also Jimmy Chamberlin was the most underrated drummer of the 90s.

As a drummer I can tell you no one underrates him then or today. He just wasn’t as famous despite his band. Chamberlain is a huge influence on me as a drummer and I love listening to his nuance. As with most members, the fame usually goes solely to the singer. Definitely not underrated though.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Uh, The Distance to Here was also a great album.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

I watched the poo poo out of this tape just for the music back in the day.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
That would count as Bowie Fan interior design and architecture of the 70s very clearly to me.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I never once doubted it but thanks.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Just heard Soul II Soul - Back to Life organically in a Lyft ride last night. Technically it came out in 89 but it was definitely played in the early 90s often.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I thought Compaqs wern't upgrade-able because they had proprietary mother boards? I seem to remember this being a thing with a lot of computers, which is why I bought a Dell. Like a dude.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Played this a lot as a kid.

Game and this song.

It was one of my first downloads from Napster IIRC.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
To this day I can still remember precisely how to beat Doom 1's first 9 levels thanks to that shareware.

Also all the shareware on old Lucasarts games owned. Day of the Tentacle, Indiana Jones, Full Throttle (which also had a baller rear end intro song)...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syE5AmXAmMU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Randaconda posted:

Didn't one of the versions of the shareware disk of Doom have the full version on it, and it wasn't all that hard to unlock it? Or was that a stupid rumor?

I feel like that is true and I am pretty sure I remember unlocking it.

I am almost 100% sure this was with Doom 2 because I never owned that game but have beaten it on my own machine with cheats

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I definitely played one game of Doom multiplayer. That was it though.

The rest were Jedi Knight, X-Wing Alliance, Warcraft, and Red Alert games.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
I am pretty sure, Elder Scrolls, RDR and Fallout are adventure games and they are hella successful.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
All of those fashions are very much en vogue these days and it is very popular for the youth these days to watch Friends and listen to Spice Girls even unironically so there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

This isn't early 2000s? I feel like this is literally 2000-2003.

Not with every song, but with most.

Not complaining. Just saying. This was literally high school.