Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYKiKzM9_yI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Kitsch! posted:

This is my exact car as well except mine has 125,000 more miles on it than yours :(

if it makes you feel better the older a car is and the less miles it has on it is usually a Bad Thing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, modern Simpsons is not atrocious, it's just such a massive shadow of what it once was that it can be hard to watch, and everything about it is so lazy and safe. You're right that some of those sitcoms are a whole other level of bad, but on that same token, literally no one is losing out by not having watched Simpsons for the past 15 years.

Was it as bad as I remember it being in the late 90s/early 2000s and just leveled out at some point or did the early 2000s period just seem egregious compared to the relatively awesome seasons that immediately preceded it?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nutsngum posted:

Almost none of the clothes in the 78 picture would be out of place today.

To be fair, the fashion of the last 10 years has very much been a revival of 70's trends anyway so that might make sense.

A grown man in a Rush v-neck is the epitome of fashion in tyool 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think that's one of the ones Noel Gallagher says he hates, too.

Do any musicians actually like their biggest hit cause I can't imagine that they do

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

I unironically love 90s dance music. It was more about making a beat that was dancable and catchy, and not loving drops and weird bass effects (weird bass effects are only acceptable if you're Aphex Twin)

Ok Grandpa, guess poo poo like Sapient or Run the Jewels or Gang Gang Dance that you probably haven't even bothered to hear about/listen to are just automatically junk cause you're in your 90s and weren't aware of them

(seriously though 90s dance music is insanely loving lacking compared to 2000s on if you compare them now)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dialhforhero posted:

Dandy Warhols own.

They're like the blandest band ever. I tried really loving hard to get into them in highschool for some reason and I don't think I found a single song I liked. The dude from the Brian Jonestown Massacre was right to be a weird psycho towards them cause at least BJM made some decent music sometimes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Actually I looked it up and Dig! was apparently about as truthful about what was happening in it as Catfish was

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

President Ark posted:

re: commercialchat

The one I always remember is the loving zoobooks commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8EvnM2XUTI

:stare: AND THE TIGER POSTER! :stare:

These are memorable not only because I had all of them as far as I know but also because this same commercial played for like a decade straight well into the 2000s. It has to be one of the longest run kids commercials ever which is crazy considering I don't think it was an actual monthly thing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
HOLY poo poo IT'S STILL A THING http://www.zoobooks.com/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yes, they were.

My best friend's cousin directed a bunch of the actual episodes, Toby Huss is supposedly an incredibly cool dude

My aunt dated the shows creator will mcrobb for years, he was a very cool guy. I got him into space ghost. He lent me the original casting tapes for p&p and they're still at my parents house somewhere I assume

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

What is he holding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Choco1980 posted:

That sketch is amazing for so many reasons. It's pretty much note for note a take-off on a "straight" beer commercial I remember existing before that. Not to mention how insane it was to make such a pro-gay sketch in nineteen freakin ninety one! The entire joke was making beer commercials just as party-bro objectifying as the straight status quo commercials and that's it. No effeminate lisps, no man-in-dress gags, nothing. Just two frat boy types ogling dicks. Again, in 1991.

I think you might be giving it a little too much credit considering the humor is supposed to come from the fact that they're acting like totally normal straight dudes. It's supposed to play on how ridiculous the idea of gay guys acting like straight guys in a beer commercial would be