Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
jeese, apparently my parents were cooler than I thought, never had an issue with South Park.

I do remember when The Simpsons first started here in New Zealand that it was on at 9:30PM, after Married... With Children on a Saturday night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

The Simpsons was on Sunday night at 8.

I asked my parents if I could watch South Park because there was a big fuss about it when it first came out. They watched the first episode and said no. Years later it occurred to me that I should actually watch the first episode. I had no chance.

really? how did you remember that?

and how did I get it so wrong actually don't answer that second one.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

I remember it because it was always half-way through when we had to leave our cousin's place for Sunday roast.

But that would have been early/mid 90s so the early stuff could have been on much later - it seems pretty likely given that prime-time would have been McGuyver and Walker, Texas Ranger until late. You're probably right.

yeah, i'm talking first showing of the first season. it must've been saturday night because i watched it at my grandparents, not at my house (which would've only been on a saturday).