Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGYcNcFhctc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

(ps the 90s technically ended on 9/11)

Correct. They technically started around the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Fish Of Doom posted:

This is the real answer. If you asked me to sum up the entire decade in one thing, it would be that song.

Reminds me of the Warner Brothers store that a local mall used to have. It had a giant TV screen in the back that was always showing Dawson's Creek ads.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Being a kid in the 90s was all about claiming how your mom was cool and let you watch south park all the time but really you didn't even have the cable channel for it. But it's not like the other kids could call you on your bullshit cause they hadn't seen it either.

Or you could be like me and be too dumb/:spergin: to lie about it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I say fall of the Soviet Union. It was definitely the start of the modern conspiracy theorist- without the Russians to be paranoid about, we turned inward. Also a year later a Democrat was elected and the post-Reagan populace just doesn't do well with that.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

Culturally, definitely. Aesthetics-wise, I think it ended with the iPod. Suddenly neon colors and garish patterns weren't cool anymore, everything was sleek and white and understated and that's stuck with us until the present day.

That was literally one month later, so it might as well be 9/11. At least it's easier to trace than when the 90's started.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Speaking of World Cup Anthems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

This was in the opening of the EA World Cup '98 game for some reason. I had no idea of how soccer worked, and it took me some time to realize that an Own Goal was not a good thing. I still somehow managed to beat the game as Germany.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ehud posted:

These 90's CD commercials

SAIL AWAY, SAIL AWAY, SAIL AWAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJSjrox_2s

Oh my loving God, I thought the Sears commercial gave me flashbacks.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I think that's Centurions.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

So it's like that one scene in the Blues Brothers except on the scale of an entire tour.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

That was one pretty bitchin microphone though.

I meant the part where they earned $200 and drank $300 worth of beer.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Croccers posted:

I got this today when trying to install a game from 1999

Why in the world are you trying to play one of the Army Man games?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I was gonna post Frank Zappa's take on the decline of the music industry, but that was in the '80's.

So instead here's the pilot of a show that had his music for a while (plus his son) that everyone should watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kie4MV0VbgU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

I thought this was a really well drawn parody jesus christ.

I remember playing an arcade game based on this at a local pizza place around the turn of the century. It was awesome.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Plan Z posted:

The Bubsy pilot may be one of the worst things I've ever watched in my lifetime, and it's '90s as poo poo. People think I exaggerate when I say it is literally unwatchable. They think since they've seen the worst calamities online and in real life, but nobody I've linked it to has been able to watch it in one sitting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmNdbdSCuC4

Made it less than 40 seconds.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I don't get it

Sneed's Feed and Seed
Chuck's...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah, it's pretty lame really.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I think we have that one. My parents dove deep into the craze, not to the point of wrecking our finances or anything though.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Has this objectively most 90s thing been posted yet?

I posted the video in November 2014.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Star Man posted:

I had Metal Gear Solid in my bundled demo disc. The script was in English but all of the voice acting was in Japanese.

I thnk I had that one too. It was before I learned to adjust the brightness and contrast on the TV so I couldn't see what was happening and Snake died pretty quickly :saddowns:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Section Z posted:

Damnit Conan, this is like the 16th time you've found something that could cure your family of turned into loving statues syndrome, but you let someone else have it for their problems. You'll never see these people again, gently caress em. No it's cool just learn to be a ninja next episode and then forget everything about being a ninja after that.

Sounds like Samurai Jack.