Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I need a dollar so i can find out what movies are playing.

What's amazing is tthat this picture was obviously taken in the 2000s at some point, but i haven't seen these boxes anywhere in like 20 years.

Somewhere out there the 90s might still be going.

Powershift has a new favorite as of 14:29 on Nov 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Guy Axlerod posted:

I hope that the company who made all the paper vendors made literally anything else. And not cigarette vendors.

Cigarette vending machines, newspaper boxes, and payphones. They were diversified.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wakka wakka posted:

I have bad news about when 2003 was

And i don't want to hear it.

1990 was 10 years ago. 1999 was also 10 years ago. That's how the 90s works.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

In 1995 on a family vacation through the flyover states in an RV, possibly around South Dakota or Tennessee we came across a bunch of people in reflective suits and trival boots with exaggerated pompadours holding vintage motorcycle helmets climbing what i think was a pedestrian overpass. While i understand that might sound ridiculous i have found the pictures that prove it.

My question: what the gently caress is this? what the gently caress was going on?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Airconswitch posted:

Looks like you saw the Leningrad Cowboys

Well that solves a mystery that has plagued my family for decades. Thank you.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Okay, i started looking into these guys have have about 6000 more questions.

1. What the gently caress?

Apparently they had a 1996 Album Leningrad Cowboys Go Space, which jives with the space man motif.

You could imagine some Canadian yokels coming across this in the middle of nowhere in the age before the inter net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://archive.org/details/cdrom-ultimate-shareware-games-1

I think one of these was where i first played crystal caves

https://www.playdosgames.com/play/crystal-caves