Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Uh hello everyone, my name is the 1990s, how are you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Ultimate Gaming Rig isn't an outright "they don't send out the prizes," scam, but it's pretty close.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Wait this was a scam!?

I remember thinking it was the coolest thing and I would TOTALLY win all of that if only I was allowed to send in money to random ads i saw in magazines.

I was not. Truly, my parents stole from me the most ULTIMATE GAMING RIG.

Honestly how could they run that thing year after year? Its such an obvious scam.
Check out the post above yours.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

B.H. Facials posted:

Yes. I distinctly remember saying, "That sucks!" was controversial.
Pretty crazy to see how much America's morals have declined because of the damage Clinton did.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

edit: apparently there are different versions of this, in the French one I saw everyone was white
Can you seriously not recognize every president and prime minister of France?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

It's ok, Wilco and Radiohead are dad rock now
Wilco were always dad rock. The only thing Wilco ever did that is not for dads are some of the noisier bits of A Ghost Is Born.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

You do realize that the song was a big hit in the 80's, several decades before "Crazy Frog" covered it, right?
He thinks Family Guy is funny. Question answered.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

whiteyfats posted:

Gin Blossoms was an alright band. I like Found Out About You.
What you actually mean is "New Miserable Experience was an alright album." Everyone forgets they released more after their lead singer killed himself. They weren't good.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Seldom Posts posted:

90s pedantry report: he was the songwriter, but he was the guitar player, not the singer.
Wait, seriously? Their vocalist wasn't the songwriter?

Huh, crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There have been a lot of Godzilla cartoons.