Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine
OK, in 1994 I was in grad school and working full time at an IT job. We were hip to the internet, which hadn't quite reached the Normals yet. Wired Magazine was our bible, and we anxiously awaited every issue. Then, this:

Here come the Zippies! (2.05) In May of 1994, Wired announced that a confab of techno-pagens at the Grand Canyon in August would spark a cultural wildfire that could change America forever. It was the next Woodstock, the inauguration of a millennial culture.

Yup, that's some purestrain 90s, in both thought and appearance, right there. Feel free to chime in with your favorite Wired memories, like Get Thee To The Internet, and The Long Boom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

My favorite Wired memory was when it became 90% ads and I cancelled my subscription :allears:

In other news, I can't figure out which of these songs is the most 90's and would like goon input:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNn4bbbgSw Seven Mary Three's "Cumbersome"

I think if I had to sum up the 90s, especially the music, in one word, it would be, in fact, "Cumbersome"

Seriously, gently caress that guy, and that Hungerstrike song too. God, Rock was lovely then. My teenage daughter goofs on me about 'dad rock' because I still listen to 80s metal, this reminds me of why.