Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I don't care when this site was actually updated, this is extremely fuckin' 90s.

http://www.bigjohnson.com/animain.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ELIMINATOR TS-7, ELECTRONIC SOUND AND LIGHT WEAPON SYSTEM

(1) POWER DAGGER is the sound and light source for all the weapons
(2) POWER SWORD has unsheathing and clanging metal sound effects
(3) LASER SWORD powers up with a "whoosh" and strikes with sound and light explosions
(4) ARMY MACHINE GUN will awe opponents with gun and grenade sounds
(5) BAYONET MACHINE GUN combines rapid-fire sounds with bayonet
(6) CYBER-GUN blasts into the future with sounds of laser fire and photon torpedoes
(7) ELIMINATOR TS-7 tops them all with 8 combat light and sound effects

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Titus Sardonicus posted:

edit2: I was half right on the other thing, it was called the Power Shooter TS-8, and it was some Nerf kinda thing. The commercial was a different kind of dumb from the TS-7:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAglOl8ibOk

hahahahaha oh my god that kid is turbo 90s

You just know this kid ran around doing somersaults at Miller's Outpost while his mom tried to buy him back-to-school clothes

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

madpanda posted:

I went looking for Army Ants and found this

Fourmi Légionnaire Étrangere

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

stuff like Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog had a visible dick and starred in not one but two kart-racing games.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

"TEST YOUR MIGHT" was the only not sung part they included and even that was weird. A group of like a dozen cheerleaders chanting that for no real reason.

If you're going to snoop through my dream diary, you could at least give it its own thread.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Speaking of short films from the 90s that aired on cable, I give you Nathaniel Drives the Hippie Bus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7r8ec2iIK8

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

wierd al - what if god smoked canibus.mp3

e: beaten by hours, ah well

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think that would have been The Brothers Grunt, which I have never seen and know purely for its inclusion on various "worst television of all time" lists. It was the brainchild of the guy who went on to create Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy, of all things.

MTV tried so goddamned hard to make that a thing.

quote:

The Brothers Grunt were first seen in one of MTV's numerous 30-second promos. This particular promo consisted of close-up shots of the at-the-time-unnamed character's faces who seemed to be straining to do something (veins in their heads would bulge, the characters would squint and grunt) until the scene cut to the MTV logo landing in a pool of sludge followed by a satisfied "Ahhhhh" (suggesting that the characters were suffering from constipation and the MTV logo was the 'turd' as it were).

Bless your heart, Wikipedia.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

no pubes yet sorry posted:

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/pat3/

Pat's Kick rear end Limp Bizkit Site

Limp Bizkit is a band from Jacksonville, Florida. They started out in about late 1994. Fred and Sam were pals and they met up and then Sam suggested his cousin, John Otto, play the drums for the band. Then later Wes was brought into the Picture and Limp Bizkit was started. They got their name when Fred was talking To his friend (and now roadie ) and he said his brain was like a limp biscuit. So Fred liked it and made that there band's name. About a half a year before 3 Dollar Bill came out, they enlisted the help of DJ Lethal (formerly of House of Pain) and remade all of the songs to fit him in and then released Three Dollar Bills Yall.

this is a pro-click

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EDITED TO ADD

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Mar 9, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_NCehduFTI

Sometimes if I had to study or do homework for high school, I would just leave it on The Weather Channel as white noise. Those Local on the 8s :allears:

I have good news for you

I messed around with this a few years ago, and I seem to remember it being a bit of a pain to set up, but so satisfying to have running somewhere with your own selections of "Weather Channel Music" playing behind it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I felt bad for a sec because y'all were all bagging on Static-X, then I remembered the name of the band I actually like is Spirea X.

...that's also extremely 90s.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Leon Einstein posted:

Did they really credit Air as "Air French Band"?

It was a thing for a bit.

I've never seen this movie and I never will, but this soundtrack is top-notch:

1. Sho' Nuff (05:10)
Performed By Fatboy Slim
2. Shine (Splendiferous Locust Mix) (04:24)
Performed By Slowdive
3. The Chemistry Between Us (Lionrock Remix) (06:02)
Performed By The London Suede
4. Before Today (Chicane Remix) (06:23)
Performed By Everything But The Girl
5. I Don't Know Why I Love You (7" Drip Of Rockman Mix) (03:32)
Performed By The House Of Love
6. Kelly Watch The Stars (Moog Cookbook Remix) (05:39)
Performed By Air
7. The Jag (Radio Edit) (03:34)
Performed By The Micronauts Featuring Joyce Sims
8. Elektrobank (Radio Edit) (03:54)
Performed By The Chemical Brothers
9. Beetlebum (Moby's Mix) (06:40)
Performed By Blur
10. Mesmerise (The Mesmerising Vocal Mix) (04:18)
Performed By Chapterhouse
11. Only The Strongest Will Survive (James Lavelle Remix) (05:29)
Performed By Hurricane #1
12. Sweetness & Light (The Orange Squash Mix) (05:27)
Performed By Lush
13. Flowerz (Radio Edit) (04:08)
Performed By Armand Van Helden Featuring Roland Clark
14. Bizarre Love Triangle (Stephen Hague Remix) (03:54)
Performed By New Order

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

JediTalentAgent posted:

Wasn't there something similar with various UK acts being promoted as "The _________ UK" in the US? I thought someone said it was due to two different groups having rights to the same name, but in different countries. There was probably some US band called "Air" that it was easier to promote the other in the US with the additional identifier for a few years.

Off the top of my head, there were the Charlatans (billed in the US as the Charlatans UK) and Suede (billed in the US as the London Suede).

I think the "French Band" thing that Air had was just a one-off affectation, though, and it probably tripped up whoever wrote that track listing. They're not billed as "Air French Band" on any recording released before or after Moon Safari. I guess it's like if you see "Academy Award Winner Morgan Freeman" on a poster, you don't assume his parents were just really prescient.

Pastry of the Year has a new favorite as of 13:10 on Apr 15, 2017

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Untrustable posted:

Anyone remember Catdog? Reading this thread reminded me of how my dad (a normally rational and sane man) wouldn't let us watch Catdog. His explanation was it was the dumbest idea he had ever seen and a cat and dog could not be attached. He carries that hate with him to this day and still gets pissed if any of his children mention Catdog.

Your dad is actually awesome

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Titus Sardonicus posted:

Doesn't that poo poo still exist?

It's like a retail coelacanth.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/GoldenTee/status/860202460564131840

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You Are A Elf posted:

Except that show is from 1987.

I'll give you that, but the aesthetic that we think of as 90s actually began around 1988, just like the 90s ended in 2001.

This commercial is from 1988 but is extremely 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJZYRK6KAX4

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P9HCPAEc48

here it is, the most 90s thing

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I went looking for the video for "Da Dip," the 1996 summer jam by Freak Nasty that absolutely everyone needs to watch because it is incredibly 90s and also incredibly stupid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSOkQ2YwPSM

and discovered that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goQ0ptUAXH4

dude released a sequel in 2013 : DA DIP 2, DA NEXT GENERATION

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

maybe not FROM the 90s but absolutely OF the 90s

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I've heard Tommy Lee Jones is actually a gigantic rear end in a top hat

probably because he's about a million years old and people are still calling him "Tommy" like it's his turn on the god damned Slip N Slide

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tommy let your friend play with the good Transformers or I'm calling his mom

Tommy you can darn well put on sunscreen while your dad fills up the pool

Tommy I don't care what he has but you're not getting a "survival knife" and your birthday is eight months away so don't even try it

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, you know what he says to that?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I didn't care for the shock-for-shock's-sake side of Rotten, but the Gaping Maw (which was uncredited but almost certainly written by Tristan Farnon, who created the seminal early webcomic Leisure Town and still posts as Spigot from Jerkcity) was absolutely hilarious (albeit in a way that would get quite the stern finger-wagging in 2018), and the Rotten Library really won me over with its research, breadth of subjects, and surprisingly humane core.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Back when they were marketing the Arch Deluxe, there was a bit in the news about how a hired PR firm was sending "social influencers" to hip nightlife spots to try to popularize an Arch Deluxe Dance which among other things included curling your arms up above your head to make a McDonalds "M" in the air, YMCA-style.

lmao I didn't believe you and well, the joke was absolutely on me

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

The graphic design, the clothes, etc etc

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Stexils posted:

The average laffy taffy is 7cm? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

It's cut like that so you can eat it easier!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I'm late to CCG chat, but my friends and I were such absolute loving melvins that we blew way too much time and money on, of all things, the Sim City card game

I still think the cards look neat in a weird, sterile, sorta haunted way, but I don't have any of them anymore.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

So, did you regret this?

if only I had cut funding sooner

that said, I suppose my foolish teenage card game purchases helped give the city council chairman a nice Christmas

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

The best was stuff like the English dub of Angel Cop where they got a bunch of British voice actors doing questionable American accents and being told to "15 it up" by putting in a whole bunch of gratuitous swearing.

Finally, the source of the popular exclamation of surprise/frustration, "gently caress and piss"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

Spice had the superior scramblevision