Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Negrostrike posted:

Some say the 90s and the 20th century ended with 9/11 and I can't blame them. Makes perfect sense.

The 20th century ended with the fall of the Soviet Union. The 21st started with 9/11. In between was The End of History.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Iron Crowned posted:

From what I remember, the problem with the Star Wars CCG was that it was too god-damned inaccessible if you had any less than the entire set.

A lot of the early CCGs had that problem - I mean, even early Magic still hadn't quite worked out 'starter decks'. There were a lot of games that seemingly never considered how, exactly, a player was supposed to get a playable deck. IIRC, the Star Trek CCG ended up needing to give away free sets of a dozen 'non-aligned' cards that would work with anyone so that players would actually be able to play their game without going through dozens of booster packs and hoping for the best...

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Unperson_47 posted:

And before that, I think there were phone numbers you dialed and you'd get charged for the call to get some crappy joke.

Our newspaper was always running ads for a dial-an-insult number. Never quite understood what the point was meant to be.