Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molloy_(TV_series)

Before Blossom there was MOLLOY!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Frank Thomas baseball card.
THe one where he's giving someone the finger.

https://www.amazon.com/Upper-Frank-Thomas-Chicago-White/dp/B00LSBB17Q

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

evobatman posted:

The one thing I remember from Veronicas Closet is that they were looking at menus for Chinese takeout, and in plain standard definition sight printed on the back of the menu was this:

Nice!!

I wonder who that was directed at?

Anyone here ever call 1-800-atlantis to hear what the jerky boys had to say?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Beastie posted:

Was the beef with him and Coolio over Amish Paradise real?

Apparently so. When he was on Howard Sterna few years back, he said that he'd talked to one of Coolio's "people" who said it was cool, but that person, nor Al actually talked to Coolio about it. Which is why he now insists on talking ONLY to the artist themself.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

My Twitter Account posted:

He actually did write a "Black or White" parody, it's called "Snack All Night" and it's been performed live. The artist who was notorious for turning him down over and over was Prince, and after Prince died Al finally revealed one of the parodies he'd written, a parody of "1999" called "1-900".

Yeah, apparently Prince was a real oval office to him. Like said that Al wasn't allowed to make direct eye contact with him at the gammy's of VMAs or some poo poo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Seldom Posts posted:

My friends and I beat double dragon one afternoon in a grocery store. Just completely random, we decided to start playing and we were doing great, so we kept at it. There were four of us switching off, and at one point we ran out of quarters so tried begging a few from passers by. Another kid gave us 50 cents when we told him we were almost at the Willy stage and then he hung around to watch us finish it.

I had totally forgotten that until now. Thanks 90s thread.

*Fred Savage: "You got 50,000 in Double Dragon"?!?!?!?!

Oh wait, that was the 80s.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Trying to figure out what poo poo from Back To The Future 2 will actually come true was pretty 90s as I recall.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

chitoryu12 posted:

Kurt was also pretty mentally ill, so it’s no surprise that he struggled with the cognitive dissonance of chasing popularity while hating it.

In some ways I think Kurt died at the optimum time. He got to spend his entire career at the top of his game, rather than having to deal with the inevitable collapse from grace and further destruction of his life from drug addiction. Nobody gets to remember him as a crazy old conspiracy theorist who got fat and struggles to sell tickets to a show when he used to be great. He spends eternity famous, rather than as a joke.

27 club

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Lost animals of the 20th century. I remember watching this show in the late 90s or so.

Thats how I found out that a pretty dope animal known as the Thylacine aka Tasmanian Tiger once existed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnLtoVegfU8

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

My parents made me throw out all my big box games in the early 2000s. This is why they're valuable.

Are you trying to tell me that the baseball cards that I collected and saved from the early 1990s, when NOBODY else was collecting baseball cards will be valuable some day?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Holy gently caress now I want to find a copy of monkey island.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Mine were Topps, probably not good condition anymore, and the same as 400000000 other people's collections.

The gum was pretty much always stale.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Hell yeah! I had a weed website back in the day!
I still remember the URL too. It was hosted on 20M.com, which I guess gave you 20 Mb of space.
https://www.420.4.20m.com

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Der Kyhe posted:

And probably still fully functional even today, even if it was used as an hammer for the last decade.

Yeah, I remember the days of commodore 64s. Computer a little bit slow? (heh) Slam the keyboard on the desk once or twice.
Stopped loading? Slam the keyboard. Pissed off that you lost whatever game? Slam the keyboard.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

The best pizza is that which is made by me. But the reward to effort ratio is too low so I only make a half dozen a year, and half of that is new year's eve.

I do love me some pizza slut though. Domino's, though it is generic assembly line pizza, I don't think its horrible.
Little Seizures isn't horrible either (IMHO) because its like fast and cheap.

As a Canuckistanian, I also like Pizza Pizza (Pizza 83 for you westerners) for some reason. I used to not like it much, but..... Did they change their crust or something? I remember several years ago it was awful, now its acceptable.

I can pile whatever the gently caress bullshit toppings on a pizza, but if the crust is no good, that'll pretty much break a pizza for me.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Parkingtigers posted:

The most on-point set decoration in Avengers: Infinity War was an Edinburgh chippy with a sign saying "we will deep fry your kebab". Scotland will loving deep fry anything that fits into the fryer.

So will the American county fair.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh wow, I'd forgotten all about the Bigfoot pizza :psyduck:.

Its a good pizza it is.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

burial posted:

Anybody else remember Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher? because I don’t, beyond knowing it existed, even though I’m positive I watched it a lot. (Part of TGIF maybe?)

Nope, but I remember Drexel's class:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=drexell%27s+class

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ferrule posted:

Herman's Head

Charlie hoover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Hoover

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Canada as gently caress.

Bran Van 3000

https://youtu.be/OQsQZvsR_QI?t=6

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Sunday night sex show in Canada with Sue Johannsen.

It was on TV and radio.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

OutOfPrint posted:

Oh poo poo someone else who could hear that. People thought I was crazy because I could hear a TV that was on and muted's sine wave buzzing from a room away.

Yeah, I could hear that poo poo too.

I once told one of my teachers "the TV is on" he looked at me like I had two heads, so I got up and turned it off.

THen he looked at me like I had three.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Space Cadet posted:

It really bothers me that you called him Troy McClure instead of Phil Hartman, and for some reason it bothers me more that nobody else seems to have caught it. SHAME ON YOU ALL.

I cuaght it, but only read that particular post a few minutes ago.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

You Are A Elf posted:

You could tell this image was created no later than 1992 because Kris Kross were the only dudes who did the fad of wearing their clothes backwards when they broke out that year. Then again, if that ever really was a licensed image created by Warner Bros. (it most likely wasn't), then I could see it made up in 1997 by some clueless WB exec that wanted to be "with it" with the bippin' and the boppin' Fat Boys music.

I tried wearing my clothes backwards back in 1992. Once. For about 10 minutes. Before I said to myself, "This is dumber than poo poo holy loving poo poo" and promptly changed them around to normal.

I remember a Hi and Lois strip in the news paper, where whoever the gently caress their teenage son was, was wearing his poo poo backwards.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

This is pretty 90's song:

Especially considering how popular Alanis Morrisette was at the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_fg_D1noOY

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

finalellipsis posted:

I remember a friend playing "cut the mullet" and "rock n roll McDonald's" constantly. I was a fan of "Jesus is the answer"

Cut the mullet is pretty sweet.
My brothers and I spontaneously started singing " suck a caribou's rear end" one time.

It was weird, because we've never been the type to do that kind of poo poo. We were drunk though.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

I saw Wesley Willis on September 11th, 2001.

:catstare:, that must have been an interesting show.

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Rock over London, rock on Chicago.
Blockbuster video wow what a difference

I was listening to him in my freshman year of college (2000) but unfortunately didn’t get to see him before he died. I still wear a WW t-shirt on a regular basis. One of my favorite things is saying I have some new music to show someone then playing something like “They Kicked Me Out of Church” and seeing the reaction.

I also was listening to him around then, although I'd first heard of him in the late 90s somehow. I unfortunately never got to see him, the last tour that he did, he was supposed to play a show somewhere close to me, and my brothers a few friends and I were going to go, but as I recall it got cancelled, because he was sick.
I downloaded part of his interview on the Howard Stern show off of Napster or Kazaa or one of them places back in like 2001 or so.

I like to tell people that his music is very "Avant Garde". I guess it is in a way.

Anecdotal story: Some guys that one of my brothers knows went to see him at a bar somewhere, and before the show, they just kinda came upon him sitting at the bar, or at a table in the place, they bought him a beer, and sometime during the show, he sang a song about them all like " Jim and bob are nice guys to the max, jim and bob are nice guys in the mix, Jim and bob bought me a beer.................." and so on.

I still like telling people to "suck a male camel's dick".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Pastry of the Year posted:

When I saw him, one thing contributing to his very, very long performance was that, for every two out of three songs or so, he'd abruptly stop at some point, announce "that was just a rock and roll test," and start the entire song over from the beginning.

If you know anything about his music, you know that (1) you come for the lyrics, not the actual music itself, and especially not the interminable bridges between the second and third verses (which was inevitably where he'd start over) and (2) I cannot imagine even the most refined ear being able to tell the difference between a Wesley Willis song performed correctly and a Wesley Willis song with a wrong note.

Ah, but he could. Bless him. I did get about twenty-five headbutts that night, and I've still got my autographed copy of Mr. Magoo Goes to Jail vol. 1 somewhere.

I'm so jealous of you fuckers that got to see Wesley Willis.

I've got a live recording of his song "Micheal Jackson" from I think Cleveland Ohio. I love the audience participation,and the fact that he'd respond to indivduals in the crowd.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

burial posted:

Is that the lady that was on Degrassi a few times?

She played "dr sally" in an episode or two of Degrassi Junior high. Once, only on the "radio" and in one episode where Joey ran in to her when he was working at the Radio station.

So... Short answer: yes.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Ferrule posted:

I think that was the ice in a coke ad. The Pepsi was a blow job, I believe?

Or maybe they both did? I dunno. Lots of hidden images back then.

Coke BJ
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/coca-cola-poster-recall/

Pepsi sex.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pepsis-got-a-lot-to-give/

Sort of...

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

The videos are left out due to rights issues. Back when B&B, or other shows that used licensed music, came out, no one considered that in the future someone could own an entire series and not take up a wall. So, MTV had the rights for broadcast, but for home video sale they'd have to renegotiate, this would include royalties, and just be a nightmare considering how varied everything was.

I've got the "complete**" B&B collection and it has a bunch of the videos, but they're on a separate disc, not part of the episodes on disc.

**Its not complete, there are a lot of episodes, maybe most of them, but there are several that I remember, that aren't included.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Iron Crowned posted:

That's because that set is just the three Mike Judge Collection sets, plus the revival season.

The Mike Judge Collection was a three volume set from the mid 2000's, which only included 2/3 of the series. I will forever cherish my Time Life set that I bought a million years ago because it has some episodes that weren't included there. The other issue I always had with the Mike Judge Collection was that it broke up some of the continuity, for example Beavis and Butthead Do Christmas is split up, and the letters to Santa Butthead are now a special feature (other than the standard videos missing, the Time Life DVD keeps it in it's original context)

Really I hope someone like Shout Factory will get around to putting out a Blu-Ray of everything in original form, with music rights restored. It's just a dream, I know

It happened with The Wonder Years, and the Batman show from the 60s.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Thats something I just remembered.

90s as gently caress: Flipping channels and keeping (in my case, Canada) Much Music in the regular rotation to try and catch a video for a song you liked.

Like Much was Channel 29 for me, so it'd be like: Channel 20 program, commercial, Channel 29 looking for a good video, nothing?, channel 32 for the "other" show, commercial there? Channel 29 again looking for a good video, back to channel 20 and so on.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

cable boxes;

This just reminded me of something, that probably doesn't matter to anyone but me cause like seriously, who gives a gently caress or whatever.. .......

We had a cable box made by Lindsay Electronics, made in Lindsay Ontario. Which also happened to be where my brother (and later I) went to college. Well turned out that the remote control got all hosed up from being dropped, thrown around etc. and it was a big deal that when we brought my brother to, or from, whatever, we stopped at the "manufacturer's" store to get a new remote. We ended up getting two, and my parents put one away in a drawer. When my grand parents would come out for a weekend or something to take care of us, if my parents were away, or during christmas or whatever, one of my brothers would secretly gank the extra remote from my parent's room, drop a 9 volt battery in there, and gently caress with whoever had the other remote, usually my grampa. Changing channels. It didn't have a volume control so none of that kind of hanky panky.

So yeah, thats my totally who gives a gently caress story.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Sisal Two-Step posted:

God yeah. The ultimate 90s :canada: experience: flipping to channel 29 to see if Matthew Good Band's "Carmelita" was playing.

For my brothers and I it was anything by the Beastie Boys, or Metallica, with a bit of Weird Al, Amish Paradise was the best video.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

twistedmentat posted:

Bravo and Showcase...................... boobs and butts

I don't remember when it came out, but the movie "Desert Heart" was pretty good cause it had some nudity and a brief scene of two chicks making out/sort of getting it on. Saw that poo poo on Bravo or showcase at like midnight on Friday or Saturday night some time.

I totally had a tape full of like two to five minute spots of nudity/boning from various movies.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I seem to recall that in the 90s everyone was predicting that in like "10 years" we'd be looking up at the night sky to see advertisements for Mc Donalds, Nike and so on because they would have sent giant space billboards in to orbit.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

If nobody has mentioned something similar in the millions of posts in this thread already: I'd like to declare that the 1990s band LIVE is the most CHAD band ever.

Not only do they write songs with deep lyrics, you know, about love being like water, beaten and abused or whatever, and how pain lies on the river side, that totally make all girls, especially the Stacies of the world totally wet as gently caress, but they've also got not one, but TWO members named Chad in the band itself.

Rumour is that their next album is going to be called "come at me bro".

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

ICHIBAHN posted:

They hosed

Well, I just got some tinglies in my special area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Randaconda posted:

Nerds was the superior licensed cereal

The nerds bowl that had the nerds dam which you could open up to de-segregate your different coloured nerds.