Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Um

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Sweetish murder machine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Does anyone feel like modern fast food chains all kinda look the same decor wise? It loving sucks. That pizza hut thing got me thinking about it but at least they used to look a little different.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

He'd been smoking cigarettes his entire life

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

Tag yourself

Is this an art series or something?

Heath posted:

I want to know if Ellen stuck with the violin

Depends on if she was the one who wanted to play it or not

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Thomamelas posted:

Waldenbooks was my first retail job. By retail standards it wasn't bad. Sunday nights I would get the 6pm to 12 am shelving shift. There is something very relaxing about taking a cart of books and just putting them in alphabetical order. Two other coworkers did that shift and we had full control of the sound system. So we'd each put in a few CDs and hit random. You'd get this mix of 90's metal, showtunes and bits from comedy albums. Which shouldn't work but it kind of did.

And I got to take part in this:

That was a pretty good day. Hung out with a bunch of TSR people, gave away a gently caress ton of swag, didn't have to go near a register, and got an attaboy from my manager for selling 10000% of the RPG sections sales total for the year in one day.

Back then you could ask him if you'd get a bonus without getting reprimanded for a bad attitude

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

You can get laid and pay in 8 weeks?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The best thing to come out of the terrible prequel trilogy. Except maybe RLM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

Sweet sweet neck pain

I think I had that shirt

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Does anyone else remember ZBots? They were a short lived attempt to cash in on the collectible toys market in the mid '90s but you rarely if ever hear anything about them today

(Not my picture)

I had the one with the saw blades and lost him at a dollar movie theater. I was devastated.

Remember dollar movies? God they owned

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Sir Lemming posted:

Oh yeah, I was all about those after TMNT had run its course. I assume they must have been relatively cheap if my family was willing to get so many of them. I also had the ones from Burger King and most of the little offshoots like Mini-Zs and Military Combots, as mentioned here:
http://www.m2museum.com/Zbots/Zbots.htm

I feel like there must have been some holy grail playset that was considered too expensive, but maybe not -- I think this might have been the one case where I was actually allowed to get all of them.

There was a giant one that was shaped like a sphere on treads but the big playset had a ramp that you could put them inside and launch them down like a top

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Even funnier if you lived somewhere where there were no street gangs of any sort to speak of. Yes, there are a load of hardened gangster recruiting kids in *50k pop shithole*

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

This is probably the safest way.

This was always how it was framed but the kid who i knew who went to the hospital due to ingesting a drug, found in his home. It turned out to be one of his mom Mothers Little Helpers but it kinda spoiled the "look out for drugs in the wild, make sure you tell your parents if someone offers you drugs!" when its your parents. Similar story is a friend of mines wife is a cop and everyone has to do the anti Drug thing in school, and one kid said coke looked like the energy powder his dad takes before going to work. Like with most things people are scared of, its not from strangers, but outside the home.

GJ snitching on your hard working dad kid.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Neito posted:

That was a pretty famous Bash quote back in the day, and there's a pretty heavy Goon/Bash.org crossover, so it's possible.

This is some game theory poo poo.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

https://twitter.com/ComputerLove_/status/1529307546460205056?s=20&t=cmNyEBPBBKmCw0AP1tZsHg

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Physically you are too. You had a terrible accident, we were worried about you.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Best we can do is grey boxes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

God those posts are weird. What the hell happened, someone copy post without quote?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Yall suck I'd be jealous as gently caress of anyone who had that desk. Give it to me you malcontents, I'll use it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Heath, you know what's coming next

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Satisfying pop of turning them on

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If you logged onto aol while someone was on the phone and held it up to the speaker you'd get this amazing feedback loop that sounded funny and creepy as hell. I did it to my sister/her friends when I wanted on the zone or battlenet

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Neito posted:

I wonder how much of it is related to the reflexive "Girls like it, so mockery deserved" type thought process Pumpkin Spice currently enjoys?

A lot of emo or at least popular stuff really was mediocre to bad but it wasn't nearly as embarrassing as the nu-metal and buttrock that predated it. Come to think of it, rock has been in dire straits for a while now.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

mactheknife posted:

we've got a huge mall where I live and we still go sometimes, even just to walk around (it's nice in the summer when it's like 110 here)

I miss malls tbh. It feels like very successive shopping paradigm somehow becomes even worse and more antisocial than the one before it. Hell, it was just a fun place to walk around as a kid. So many places are hostile as gently caress to kids nowadays it's wild.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

This is the extent of my Robert Loggia knowledge.

https://youtu.be/4-ohJ6oXGkI

Same

Was he an egomaniac or something? I mean he was a celebrity so I kinda assume but was he a notable one

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

...he hasn't aged a day in in 25 years what are you talking about

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't believe someone beat that puzzle

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I think the whole thing ended up being a scam or something? It was really weird

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Huge misstep not trying to upsell that guy a shirt

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DrBouvenstein posted:

Remember the pencils that were a series of just tips on a tube, and when it went too dull, you'll pull it out, and then slide it back into the top of the pencil to "load" the next tip?

Looks like they still sell them:

These were the nuclear option if you were throwing, shooting things at other kids. You could load a single bullet "lead", put your finger on the tip when you blew to build up pressure and when you removed it would fly across the room at considerable speed

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

"gang colors"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I hate pencils in general and the second I could get away with writing with pen forever I took it.

But I could tolerate mechanical ones

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Heath posted:

Never realized how powerfully furry that DARE cat was

He looks like he got real into my chemical romance in 2005

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I actually really like that Muji's décor.

Did anyone else have a barneys coffee shop or was that a regional thing. I liked that décor too

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Grassy Knowles posted:

Move the gently caress over I’m dazzler

Oh, ok.

Who are you in the game?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Was wearing short sleeve ts over long sleeve a 90s thing or 00s or did it ride the fence. God I hope that comes back

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Micro machines were rad as hell. Even the non military ones were super detailed. Little hydraulic lifts in the mechanics, etc.

I assume they were too big (lol) a choking hazard?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

That's a ball gag

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's my understanding (I could be wrong) that lead INSIDE the glass, i.e. added to it during the creation, isn't really that terrible unless you keep liquid in it a long time, like a decanter you put some fancy whisky in, or something. The low amount of contact time a beverage would have inside the glass isn't really going to leech lead into it. Like...I guess don't have your main drinking glasses have lead in them, but you want to break out the fancy leaded-crystal wine glasses on NYE? Go for it.

What about mason jars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I always wanted the clear plastic cubes they showed in commercials that the badguy got thrown through. They never sold those anywhere!