Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That song unironically owns.

Also recently learned the singer is married to Darlene from Roseanne which totally fits her boots and flannel mid nineties alt vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
How many bites/bytes puns do you think were written on the menu at this place?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Speaking of, you remember Gelooze? It was like a half jello drink that you squeezed out of weird plastic bottle. That poo poo was 90s as gently caress. I remember my older brother held me down and squeezed a whole bottle in my mouth. Good times.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

You know those swords that are like double swords, you know?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Double swords were a thing in 90s Marvel. Here's a link to an action figure with one.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/51619

Edit: pretty sure that's the same character that Mr Xtreme beat up in that image.

deoju has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Jul 1, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Isn't Deadpool bi?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I googled it, he hasn't had one. But there are stories that Ryan Reynolds has been campaigning for him to be visibly bi in the next one. So maybe soon, at least on film.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
That character has been around for 10 or 15 years by now. Incredibly successful for advertising. I hope that actress has done well for herself in the role. Gonna be hard for an audience to see her as anyone else, in the US at least. Maybe she's playing Lady Macbeth in Canada for all I know.

She was in a few early episodes of Mad Men.

deoju has a new favorite as of 06:27 on Jul 21, 2021

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Punk is the most gate-keeping community.
"Real punk died with Sid Vicious."
"No, real punk died CBGB closed for the first time."
"No, real punk died when GG Alin couldn't take a poo poo on stage because the heroin he was on made him too constipated."

As far as I can tell the importance of arguing about what is or is not punk is the only thing that punk can agree on.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

nobody says this

Literally the first result when I googled "when did punk die"
http://explosivepolitics.com/blog/1978-punk-is-dead-where-have-you-been/

quote:

By late 1978, punk is dead. It had lost its energy while other youth movements moved in to takeover by which point it had gone ‘overground’ anyway, having largely been co-opted by the mainstream. Sid Vicious’ untimely death in early 1979 is seen as the symbolic termination point.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I remember a few years ago when Fox News had her on as an expert on kids these days. She's like 55 now.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

twistedmentat posted:

I always figured what happened was they shot the video with the young hot people because no one wanted to see old guys singing their hot dance track, something that was pretty common at the time, a lot of the women in dance videos were not the ones singing the songs. One of the women from the Weather Girls sung on a ton of dance hits in the 90s but was always replaced in the videos with someone young and thin.
The video for Blues Travelers' Run-Around has a young and beautiful group on stage and then the real band playing in the shadows. It's loving weird.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ousaiByU1ko

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

RAAAA OOOOOH AHHHHH

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
How are Smashing Pumpkins more happy than the Offspring? They have an album called Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness ffs.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Splint Chesthair posted:

They still make that sweater and it's $350.
I have one. It is toasty warm. The original was made in the 70s, and then retired. They had to study the movie to get everything right because they no longer had the patterns.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
20 mil doesn't even get you the ocean front? drat.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Aeon Flux?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I remember watching that as a kid even then being like, ":wtf: this is on TV?"

There was this block of programming on MTV called Liquid Television that was full of weird poo poo. I remember a show about a dude with a giant head that an alien lived in.