Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
My god I didn't realize surge was back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
When did the bowl cut go away? I had my hair cut in this style from 6th to 10th grade as did most of my friends.

I was thinking about getting it done recently for fun. I wonder if people at work would think I just got a bad haircut or there is something wrong with me. It was a really sweet hairstyle

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I don't remember bugle boy being a "cool" brand. I thought Gotcha and ocean pacific were cool and then Mossimo, stussy, and redsand in middle school.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
We were all fooled with stories of our dad's Micky mantle cards getting thrown away because grandma thought they were worthless.

When magic Johnson announced he had HIV it was thought he would die soon so my mom encouraged me to buy some of his more valuable cards at the time. Who knew he would still be alive 20+ years later.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I think I did bmg at least 3 times and never paid anything I'm not sure how looking back nor why my parents didn't care. I did the same thing with the science fiction book club while in college.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I recently heard Marilyn mansons new song a few times on the local rock radio station. I wonder if parents these days are still worried about their kids listening and watching mansons shocking and abhorrent behavior.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Was Duckman a good cartoon I rember watching it and kinda liking it a few times and George costanza doing the voice but not much else.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
When napster first came It seemed like everyone used it and no one i knew really felt like it was wrong. I was 18 and used to steal small stuff and shoplift on occasion. My friends and I knew it was wrong and that provided some if the thrill of stealing a candy bar or something out of some kids locker. Napster just felt like free music it didnt feel like stealing.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Speaking of ok soda I Rember it tasting like when you mixed all the different fountain pops together. Some kids claimed that's what it actually was.

One kid at my school, when buying a can from the pop machine, got a case instead containing an OK soda hat and enough money to buy another pop.

I wonder know if he was just bullshitting any ever hear of something like that.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I get a craving for an arch deluxe now and then. I can still kinda remember what it might have tasted like.

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Alice in chains unplugged is incredible. I'll listen to the whole thing on you tube every so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004

JediTalentAgent posted:

I don't think The Crow was as popular as expected when it released in theaters and around where I lived it took about a year or so for it start growing a larger cult popularity, and by the late 90s it was that entire South Park joke of, "I'm dressing as The Crow for Halloween" brought to life.

I do want to say that The Crow HAS been largely forgotten, I think, by a lot of modern audiences because the Heath Ledger Joker has supplanted it in the minds of a lot of audiences. Granted, not the same characters, but there are some shared elements between the characters and even the actors that played them.

It cant rain all the time