Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

When that came out I remember thinking how real everything looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Hey man, slap bracelets promote violence.

I used to take the cloth like covers off and slap people with the bare metal. It sometimes left cuts.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Herr Shitlord posted:

If you used AIM at all in the late 90s/early 2000s, you either had an icon from badassbuddy.com or a friends list full of people who did:

As far as I was concerned, this was the apex of comedy and artistic skill when I was 10.

If you think the last year of the 90's counts as the 90's...

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

A lesson also learned by the comic book industry around the same time: If you market something as collectible and promise it's value will go up in the future, you can bet every cent you have that it loving won't.

Also see Baseball cards from the early 90's. Remember the card books that showed the price of cards, it looked like the stock pages of the newspaper.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Reminds me of THE ULTIMATOR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7GG57caQDY

What the ad does not demonstrate is two things:

1) This toy is loud as hell

2) It has an extremely long range and is fully strong enough to knock a small child over.

And you had to pump the handle like 12 times. I had one and put a laser pen (that cost me over $50 in the 90's) on the little sight thing on top. I wish I still had it because they go for $150 on ebay now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Don't copy that floppy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up863eQKGUI

JEEVES420 has a new favorite as of 03:15 on Jun 11, 2015