Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
where did you get it from?

I just picked up a wii-u (its being shipped) but hot drat all the games are expensive, even used. I've been trying to grab Mario Kart 8 for $30/35 but it's been Out of Stock :(

e: how much is it on eshop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The eShop.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I did get 2 Pro Controllers for $37 from Target so that was nice, internet was looking pretty expensive for those

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xaris posted:

I did get 2 Pro Controllers for $37 from Target so that was nice, internet was looking pretty expensive for those

drat, that's epic.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
yeah they should still have them on sale for the next couple days if you have a Target nearby. +5% off for redcard. I live near a couple busy targets, one was sold out but other had like 10 in stock.

Wormskull posted:

I bought Windwaker HD. I'm trying to remember what else I needed for Wii U.

I dunno what you wanted, but I made a list based on recs from Widestancer/others before:

From the bundle
[DK: Tropical Freeze
Nintendo Land
Super Smash Brothers
Mario 3D]

Windwaker HD
Bayonetta 2
Mario Kart 8
The Wonderful 101
Hyrule Warriors
Pikmin 3

I think that basically covers everything good released

e: and this what people said to keep an eye out for:

Yoshi's Wooly World,
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse,
Xenoblade Chronicles X,
the new Zelda,
the new Star Fox
Captain Toad

Xaris fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 29, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Mario Kart 8 is back up for $35 from Wal-Mart!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mario-Kart-8-Wii-U/35575883

just got it through.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I just tried the wonderful 101 demo and I knew in the first two minutes I wouldn't buy that for a nickel so that one's out, and I assume the same for Bayonetta 2. Pikmin 3 I'll have to think about later...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

By needed I meant the things I bought the Wii U for. Hyrule Warriors... Smash bros... Mario Kart... Windwaker...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Maybe the last one was monster hunter or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's only 20 bucks on the zon. Pikmin 3 is... 80... WTF.

inexpensive meal
Jan 29, 2012

toot toot
Wonderful 101 is really really good, don't let the demo fool you. Also there's scram kitty, pushmo, and nano assault neo on the eshop that are all good.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's not the demo, it's just the kind of game it is. No thanks.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Wormskull posted:

I bought Windwaker HD. I'm trying to remember what else I needed for Wii U.

Pikmin 3, donkey kong tropical freeze, game & wario, new super mario u, captain toad treasure tracker comes out dec 5

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Windwaker HD is the best looking game I ever seen.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
yeah i really liked it and how the gamepad worked.. that game was dope. I never played the gamecube version so it was just bad rear end all around.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Xaris posted:

yeah they should still have them on sale for the next couple days if you have a Target nearby. +5% off for redcard. I live near a couple busy targets, one was sold out but other had like 10 in stock.

Are you kidding me I waited all summer for a deal and finally bit the bullet and bought one full price last week.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

do not buy nano assault neo

it's very pretty but it's things to do for ten minutes. it's an incredibly barebones twinstick shooter.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Agreed although I haven't played with other people yet, and I don't have any friends IRL.

hey, me neither

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

LMao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xaris posted:

where did you get it from?

I just picked up a wii-u (its being shipped) but hot drat all the games are expensive, even used. I've been trying to grab Mario Kart 8 for $30/35 but it's been Out of Stock :(

e: how much is it on eshop?

Edit: Didn't see this edit sorry. It was 49.99, which is the same as Amazon's price but I wanted it faster.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Windwaker HD is the best looking game I ever seen.

It's great. I've never played Wind Waker and I've been having a lot of fun. I really like the Tingle Bottle thing even though it's stupid as hell and I'm just getting like 12 year olds and people with names like linkzWifey

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Pikmin 3, donkey kong tropical freeze, game & wario, new super mario u, captain toad treasure tracker comes out dec 5

What's Game & Wario?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DICKHEAD posted:

What's Game & Wario?

its a minigame collection with all the wario ware people in it but its not very good

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Its good if you can get it on the cheap and have people to play it local multiplayer with.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i need to get the wind waker in HD

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mabels big day posted:

It's the best drat looking game I ever seen.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think it's also, my favorite 3D zelda.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I think it's also, my favorite 3D zelda.

a good opinion

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Its good if you can get it on the cheap and have people to play it local multiplayer with.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

I've just bought a wii u, and I will be taking this thread's suggestions as well. Thanks to all.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A cool drat horse posted:

I've just bought a wii u, and I will be taking this thread's suggestions as well. Thanks to all.

Here's what I got:

Smash Bros
Super Mario 3D World
Nintendo Land
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8
Windwaker HD
NES Remix 1 & 2

and some VC games, and their all awesome.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I can't wait to pick this up. The new graphics look freaking incredible and wind waker is my favorite zelda ever... I missed out on getting it for free which is lame though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Add your boy, wxrmskull, if you haven't. If I can't recognize your name I'm not adding you though.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Here's what I got:

Smash Bros
Super Mario 3D World
Nintendo Land
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart 8
Windwaker HD
NES Remix 1 & 2

and some VC games, and their all awesome.

Nice haul... good choices here. I'll probably hold off on getting hyrule warriors for awhile, but otherwise I'll probably be getting all of these. Is nes nemix worth the price, because it looks epic but its a little pricey.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ummm for 15 dollars I dunno... If it had leaderboards I'd probably say, yeah, this is the epic win poo poo and worth the price but 30 dollars for both is actually kind of a lot for what it is.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Ummm for 15 dollars I dunno... If it had leaderboards I'd probably say, yeah, this is the epic win poo poo and worth the price but 30 dollars for both is actually kind of a lot for what it is.

Yeah thats what I thought too. The concept is ownage IMO but the price is excessive, maybe if it goes on sale (lol) or if it becomes a club nintendo reward I'll pick it up. I'm going to need to get DKC at some point too, and I just saw the Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga is on the eshop :pwn: Nintendo is full of freaking win

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Yeah on VC I got some ones I had on my Wii VC, and also Aria of Sorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Is the 3DS Remix gonna actually have new challenges or just stuff from the other 2? Leaderboards for friends is cool and all but not if it's the same challenges. Also it would be cooler if 3ds friends list worked like the wii u one instead of me having like a billion unconfirmed friends because they haven't entered my social security number into the drat thing

• Locked thread