Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They made a good choice with the eShop music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

DICKHEAD posted:

Is the 3DS Remix gonna actually have new challenges or just stuff from the other 2? Leaderboards for friends is cool and all but not if it's the same challenges. Also it would be cooler if 3ds friends list worked like the wii u one instead of me having like a billion unconfirmed friends because they haven't entered my social security number into the drat thing

its all old stuff and people are saying the leaderboards are really slow and lovely to use

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

guys

its not called mario smash bros

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

Super Mario Bros: Smash Bros.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

farsel posted:

Super Mario Bros: Smash Bros.

This is some drat win.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

its all old stuff and people are saying the leaderboards are really slow and lovely to use

Phew.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
I kinda wanna get demons crest on wii u VC

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bonzibuddy64 posted:

I kinda wanna get demons crest on wii u VC

I was thinking about it as well but I've spent nearly 600 dollars on video games this past week.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I guess it's like... what's 6 dollars or whatever. But still.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
i have like 12 bones on my eshop wallet thats why im considering it..

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just finished all the 50cc cups and boy are my arms tired.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Just finished all the 50cc cups and boy are my arms tired.

if you beat everything on 150/mirror it automatically gives you the cups for the easier difficulties

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

if you beat everything on 150/mirror it automatically gives you the cups for the easier difficulties

Oh... God drat it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I do have to say that feeling like you had to take back a victory that was robbed from you if you win sucks a huge ballsack though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sick, they updated Hyrule Warriors, with a max level of 150.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I do have to say that feeling like you had to take back a victory that was robbed from you if you win sucks a huge ballsack though.

at least in MK8 the single-player is very doable on the higher settings. in mkwii the AI all ganged up on you and had some serious rubberbanding, mk8 feels way more organic

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

at least in MK8 the single-player is very doable on the higher settings. in mkwii the AI all ganged up on you and had some serious rubberbanding, mk8 feels way more organic

I got 57 points because on the last map of the cup I got blue shelled and then lightninged into a pit and then red shelled as I got out of the pit.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Borsche69 posted:

Clerk: Wormskull, can I put the Wii U back please?
Wormskull: Not today my good man, I'm feeling saucy. Do you accept cash? [cash register sound]
Sexy Asian Babe: [impressed]

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

miiverse is so goddamn epic

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVmZBvLXM4 are you trying to tell us something wormskull

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuVmZBvLXM4 are you trying to tell us something wormskull

I wanted to see how the youtube thing worked.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The rainbow road song is awesome.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plus it looks freaking epic when that big ball guy slams down behind me as I leap by.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I have to stop playing time trial though because it makes me forget that the other guys can throw 10000 red shells.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well after a week of being a Wii U owner I do have to say... I know it's not really Nintendo's thing I guess but I wish there games had leaderboards.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Like especially with some of the stuff like Mario 3d World has timers, Toad Tracker as well, and a bunch of games got scores and crap, but the closest thing is Mario Kart's bar graph thingy where you only see the name of one other person and usually it's not even someone who did better than you.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Wormskull posted:

Well after a week of being a Wii U owner I do have to say... I know it's not really Nintendo's thing I guess but I wish there games had leaderboards.

i've never really paid attention to leader boards, what a weird thing to pine for. different strokes i guess, but i can see for like mk how it'd be nice

do you miss chievos as well?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

hubris.height posted:

i've never really paid attention to leader boards, what a weird thing to pine for. different strokes i guess, but i can see for like mk how it'd be nice

do you miss chievos as well?

i miss chievos, but some games include them or something like them in the game, so its okay.

like, hyrule warriors has Medals, wonderful 101 has Bottlecaps, and smash bros has challenges.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I don't give a hoot in hell about achievements but if your playing a game with a score counter or a timer and you want to be good at it instead of just play through the content or whatever, being able to see how good you are in relation to other people is part of the main thing. What good is a million points in SuMari3DWa or a 15 second clear in a NES Remix stage if no one else knows about it.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i think the miiverse was supposed to fulfill that role? cause you can do those posts to miiverse that have your record in them on nesremix, but i totally get what you mean. im the same way with chievos, and i like that games like bayo tie super trivial rewards to it as a little fun extra thing you can do

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well in NES Remix it might show your score to other people but all you really have to go by with how good you did is if you get a rainbow aura around your stars. But what if there's a whole nother league of people in the rainbow stars tier. And I'll never know about them because the Miiverse post is a dad trying to draw mario saying I win the game! with 20 more seconds than I did it in.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Wormskull posted:

I don't give a hoot in hell about achievements but if your playing a game with a score counter or a timer and you want to be good at it instead of just play through the content or whatever, being able to see how good you are in relation to other people is part of the main thing. What good is a million points in SuMari3DWa or a 15 second clear in a NES Remix stage if no one else knows about it.

honestly, most of the time leaderboards are pretty hacked to hell anyways that maybe you'll get an aggregate of how you're doing but like the top 200 or something is generally a wreck so i never check them.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
smash has global smash rankings or whatever which is a backwards leaderboard ranking that tells you how many people you did better than

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Xaris posted:

honestly, most of the time leaderboards are pretty hacked to hell anyways that maybe you'll get an aggregate of how you're doing but like the top 200 or something is generally a wreck so i never check them.

I guess but even accounting for that you can see where you stand with a score. I just find it makes single player games have more to them since I'm not much of a single player gamer anymore.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i do wish you had an option in 3d world to view a ghost of the fastest time through the level. seems like it would be pretty easy implement.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Well in NES Remix it might show your score to other people but all you really have to go by with how good you did is if you get a rainbow aura around your stars. But what if there's a whole nother league of people in the rainbow stars tier.

it was cool in the first month of mario golf's release when they had the big worldwide tourneys going and you could see how you compared to everyone else. like i was in the top 2000 range who are all really close in score but then you look at the top 10 and those dudes have insane scores like -40

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

it was cool in the first month of mario golf's release when they had the big worldwide tourneys going and you could see how you compared to everyone else. like i was in the top 2000 range who are all really close in score but then you look at the top 10 and those dudes have insane scores like -40

i got some pretty low scores too, but then they had the tournament on the course made of tiny islands and I could not believe the scores people were getting.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really wish the messaging system were more streamlined. it's all attached to miiverse when it should just have its own inbox. the only form of notification is a little light on the gamepad you could miss. miiverse will be flashing but that could be anything.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the friend list being more integrated into games and being more geared towards multiplayer would be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

• Locked thread