Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uh even if you have no friends Wii U currently has the best games

I just got one the other day with Mario 3D world and I just downloaded Bayo 2. Mario world is really good singleplayer but it's nice to have the option to play with others. It sort of turns into a party game with multiple people, I played 4 player the other day and it was hard to actually get the optional stars and stuff and time kept running low because we're all wandering around. It's a really good mario game~

Bayo 2 has no local multiplayer so that's a game you're playing entirely alone ( ;) ;) ;) )

Smash Bros and Mario Kart have online so you can play with others even if you have no friends although Smash is really made for playing locally. Wind Waker is single player and the next zelda will probably be single player.

I seriously bought this thing for Bayo 2, Mario and Smash bros. Just like the only Wii games I still have are Galaxy 1+2 and Smash bros~

I have a whole lot on my wish list for it already, not that I'm gonna buy all of these but I'm looking at:

Smash Bros
Mario Kart 8
DK Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
WOnderful 101
Hyrule Warriors
Windwaker HD

Which is way more than I can say for either one of the other consoles, where there is like, 1 game I wanna play on them that isn't coming to PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I didn't play Nintendoland yet

Bayo2 is really good. Super Mario 3D World is really good. I haven't even started Smash Bros yet but I'm guessing it's also really good

Purchase Justified

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I still want:
Hyrule Warriors
Windwaker
Mario Kart 8
DK Tropical Freeze
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101

I'm just pacing myself because yeah buying a system + 2 pro controllers + 2 games at $60 is enough for now especially since I'm still buying 3ds games

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The best way to play Wii games is still on a PC btw. Playing Wii stuff on Wii u is a hassle and you have to use the old crappy wiimote controllers again

Also I played a bunch of New super mario bros U with a friend and didn't like it, I'm not gonna get it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aston posted:

I played Hyrule Warriors on the gamepad in the bath and it was the most sublime gaming experience of my life. I'm p sure I obtained Nirvana.

E: if you try this be sure NOT to drop the gamepad!

My Wii U is in the living room and if I go into any other room the tablet doesn't work. The house is concrete though not those american ones made out of cardboard but I did wanna play in my bed. I still use the tablet when my wife wants to watch TV which is cool.

Bayonetta 2 is really good. Mario 3D World is really good. Smash Wii U is really good. I had to stop myself from buying more because that's a lot of game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I wanted GBA emulation to be on 3ds tho. But also I have a pocket emulator do whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Aria of Sorrow is the best GBA castlevania but not the best post-SOTN castlevania because the DS ones were really good

• Locked thread