Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:
Battlemaster, one of us ought to register up @emergency_capy as a companion to such cute-thread-fodder as @emergency_fox and just set up an auto-poster script or something.

Capys really are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

Aaaah the combo was broken before I even got here.

Wild capybaras playing on the beach. Apparently the salt water doesn't bother them. Makes me wonder if they would have evolved into something resembling manatees in a few million more years if humans didn't come along and disrupt everything's development.

That capy has a mullet.

THAT CAPY HAS A MULLET.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Pupilchat: Ferrets (and I think other weasel-types) have pupils that are both slit-style like housecats /and/ horizontal. But again very difficult to notice since the rest of the eye is dark. It's theorized to be a motion-sensing thing; vertical slits are good for back-and-forth motion, while horizontal are good for up-and-down motion.

Anyway, cute thread content:

]

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

You should save those for when it's time to wind the thread down.

Y'know...to let it tapir off...

ahem.

Hey look stinky predator showdown:

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Elias_Maluco posted:

Some capy pictures I took the other day at the bicycle lane, in São Paulo

It's great to see they are just as chill and majestic in the wild as they are in captivity. Yeah, don't mind us, we're just gonna graze here and hang out on this big flat thing for a while, no biggie.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Everything you need to know about ferrets is right there in the latin name.

Mustela putorious furo

Literally, "Stinky weasel thief".

(Just pretend I put some ferret gifs here, my domain's gone and died on me suddenly. Boo-urns.)

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

That's the angry squeak, they also make non-angry squeaks, teeth chatters, and clicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6d0Y0ObY3o

Adults also make a whole different set of sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhevmsJdjCk

As far as sounds you never would have expected, the males bark to warn their herd of danger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah2CDmCf10U

Rodents of unusual sounds.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Dear cute thread, a friend of mine is nervous about taking a flight in a few days. However, she loves Mola Mola (Ocean Sunfish); please post the molamola-est pics you got!

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Werong Bustope posted:

I also love Mola Mola. Here is a cushion my mum made for me.

And here is the chair it's on.

oh my god i :3:

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

goatface posted:

Chickens are basically magic though.

Mods please rename thread to "Cute pictures thread: Chickens are basically magic though"

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Geokinesis posted:

Chickens are basically the best (also magic)

A chicken in every pot indeed!

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

A somewhat silly bit of observation that I kind of find uplifting in a sense is just, like, the general concept of dinosaurs.

I mean, I can't think of a single person I've ever know who didn't go through at least some phase of childhood just completely ga-ga over dinosaurs. They're so phenomenal at engaging the imagination; all the work that's been done identifying and classifying and trying to figure out what they looked like and how they lived. And just the idea that these unimaginably massive behemoths roamed the same Earth hundreds of millions of years ago, breathed the same air, drank the same water, were made of the same carbon. It's like...drat, dude. Dinosaurs are friggin great.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Megafauna in general are awesome.

There's evidence of an even bigger giant rodent that long ago roamed South America. It's great to see other small critters riding capybaras but imagine being able to saddle up and ride one yourself. Hell yeah~

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

axelsoar posted:

I want a cappybear.

I want a capycar

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

Little lizard finds the warmest, comfiest place in the whole zoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZCbJMl7-U

Spoilers in your av

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

ShiroTheSniper posted:

This is our new cat... Khaleesi, a 1 years old and a half female from the shelter.

She purrs the second we touch her and she follow us in every room!

The pictures were taken the same day that we took her home.

(no she is not dead on that one)

Aww, what a sweetie. She looks very happy to have a new home.

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

mick ohio posted:

This is Otis. I adopted him two weeks ago from a rescue to be my emotional support animal.

He has fuzzy feet. He helps me do things.

Like work...

Yoga...

Arts & Crafts

And smooshes my face when I'm feeling sad. :3

My name is Otis
I have fuzzy feet
Floof me up and then feed me a treat

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

Assassin Capy takes no joy in his job

Melondog