Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

102 year old dancer sees movies of her performances in the 1930s and 40s for the first time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bktozJWbLQg

She sounds exactly like my grandma did. Same inflection and everything. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

It keeps meowing as it sticks it's face in the food. "Meow meow meomrfmm mfwmmmm"

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Tau Wedel posted:

Kitten cam with five tiny kittens, provided by TinyKittens.com.

Yay! Eve finally had all her babies. :3:

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Birb Katter posted:

The cat has been weighing himself 20 times a day on the FitBit scale… and FitBit is dutifully logging it.

He's also getting fatter.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

cash crab posted:

:3: My dad has one.

His name is William. (That refers to the bird and my dad.)

(his cattes are cute, too)

So Martin Van Buren was reincarnated as a pidgeon.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Had no idea it took so long for cats to lose weight properly. Good luck to you and Butterscotch, and it sounds like we'll be enjoying pictures of that fat cat for some time yet!

A pound for us is like, ten for them. 30 is realllllly bad for a cats weight like 300 is really bad for a human. A pound a month is good for Butterscotch. Here's hoping his skin'll bounce back as well.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Chili posted:

I'm so glad you're all happy about Butterscotch! :neckbeard:

It felt really awesome making it official. We're definitely gonna try to have some kind of small Butterscotch meet n' greet in the coming month or two.

Anyway, we celebrated Butterscotch's adoption by fostering a whole new batch! We were already there, why not flood our house with more furry things?

There's 7 cats total in there, 6 four week old kitties, and 1 mommy (she's still nursing).

Imagine just how crazy it is being in that room.

It's crazier than that.

Lot of cool stuff going, we'll be taking more pictures/video in the coming weeks. Not sure the best way to go about naming all these little buggers. There's three boys and three girls but it's very tough telling them apart.

Name 'me all after old-times candies. Starlight, bit o honey, cinnamon button, lemon drop... Lots to work with, there.

And I seriously teared up when I saw the adoption papers. Congrats on your forever cat!

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb7eNeH1Les

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

I would play the poo poo out of a mad max cat collecting sim.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
This is a bit of a long story, but anyways: I'd been badgering my parents about adopting another cat for a couple of months/years, ever since my dumb sweet baby Jade died and went off to fort warms in the sky. My moms answer for months has been "gently caress no, no no, goddamnit stop asking no."

Well, a former colleague of hers took ill last year - it started as uterine cancer and now it's pretty clear that she's been terminal for a long while. The doctors keep saying they'll put her through chemo once the myriad of other things are treated and cleared up, and in the mean time her mental health has completely depreciated, she won't eat, she won't drink, and she's been in checked into a hospice center because she's been suffering badly and has no one who can care for her. Or for her cat, Sable.

She loves Sable, and since she has no one to take care of him, my mom has offered to foster him... But it's pretty clear he's ours until he passes.

See, we knew he was an adult cat when we met him, but uh... He's far older than we thought. He's probably 15 years old, he's basically deaf, he's got cataracts and BAD, he's loud, and he pooped himself when we took him home.

But he is so sweet and affectionate. He's soft and gentle and he'll let you pick him up like a baby. He's clung to me since we brought him home, and won't let me leave his sight without a massive headbutt to my hand.

You know when you meet that one thing, whether it's a dog or a cat or a person, and you didn't know you needed them until you had them in your life? That's Sable for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Das Boo posted:

Dogs tend to be "I want _____!" and cats tend to be more "You should know what I want, when I want it and how much of it I want."

Also "gently caress this thing on your nightstand/table/dresser."

• Locked thread